Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans by 19 points
Norm smith I can make a case for 3

Warner - in hot form

Grundy - with no decent ruck could dominate

Blakey - often flashy run and carry players poll in Norm Smith voting - wide open spaces of MCG will be a vital cog in Swans win

I dont think so. The beauty of the NBA/NFL is that inequality in the conferences is only by luck not design.

The problem with the VFL is that 56% of the teams are all in the same city. The VFL is prejudiced against non VIC teams by its nature. The NBA / NFL are set up much better.

Maybe we need a thread about that. Some posters seem to be able to project vicbias onto every damn thing. Media is catching on

Maybe we need a thread about that. Some posters seem to be able to project vicbias onto every damn thing. Media is catching on

Yeah - as we can see - there is no VicBias!

No such thing as Vic Bias! I mean look at 2014 right. Can't get much fairer than that.

Didnt you play Sydney once at Accor and lost by 21 points. Then you beat them at the MCG by 12.

Then you finished below them on the ladder, but despite this got an automatic home grand final. I mean it makes sense though right - who needs an equitable system in professional football.

Yeah - as we can see - there is no VicBias!

No such thing as Vic Bias! I mean look at 2014 right. Can't get much fairer than that.

Didnt you play Sydney once at Accor and lost by 21 points. Then you beat them at the MCG by 12.

Then you finished below them on the ladder, but despite this got an automatic home grand final. I mean it makes sense though right - who needs an equitable system in professional football.

We finished above them on the ladder in 2012
If we didn’t lose to them that day they look like a very very poor finals team. It’s not like they don’t have substantial support in Melbourne. Let’s see how today goes.

And also isn’t ther enormous ‘store’ being given to finishing higher on the ladder…then in other posts saying how badly the H&A is compromised

From what I can see quickest way to correct this would be to play finals (or at least the first week) over two legs
But I don’t know how two leg rounds sit wit AFL culture
Historically finals are meant to be at neutral venues

Edit. In 2014 doesn’t that mean hawks won ‘best of three’ same in 2015?

We finished above them on the ladder in 2012

And you got to play at your home ground and still lost? Whats your point? That it isnt an advantage to play the Grand Final on your home deck?!?!?

What a silly comment.

If we didn’t lose to them that day they look like a very very poor finals team. It’s not like they don’t have substantial support in Melbourne. Let’s see how today goes.

Once again - nothing of substance here.

And also isn’t ther enormous ‘store’ being given to finishing higher on the ladder…then in other posts saying how badly the H&A is compromised

These aren't mutually exclusive, but they are a double whammy.

An interstate team can overcome an inequitable draw and still finish above a Melbourne team on the ladder and STILL be forced to play the most important game of the season on the lower ranked teams

From what I can see quickest way to correct this would be to play finals (or at least the first week) over two legs
But I don’t know how two leg rounds sit wit AFL culture
Historically finals are meant to be at neutral venues

Fairness would be rotating the Grand Final. One year MCG, Next Adelaide, Next MCG, Next Perth, Next MCG, Next Sydney, Next MCG, Next QLD....

Or give it to the team that deserves it - you know like the rest of the finals.

Edit. In 2014 doesn’t that mean hawks won ‘best of three’ same in 2015?

Hawks won on at the MCG. The Swans lost on their home deck. Hawks won in the Grand Final at the MCG. That would suggest to me that home field is rather important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back