AFL Goal Umpire Injured By Crowd Thrown Bottle

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible behaviour at the Carlton v Saints game. A goal umpire was hit in the back of the head by a water bottle thrown from the crowd.

The fool who did it deserves a lifetime ban from attending AFL. Further, they should be stripped of any AFL related membership. To show society this is unacceptable VicPol must also lay charges and have this loser charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
****ing disgraceful, I’m not a proponent of lifetime bans as I think people can change and should be allowed that chance.

But **** me things like this make me question that.

Terrible behaviour at the Carlton v Saints game. A goal umpire was hit in the back of the head by a water bottle thrown from the crowd.

The fool who did it deserves a lifetime ban from attending AFL. Further, they should be stripped of any AFL related membership. To show society this is unacceptable VicPol must also lay charges and have this loser charged.

Lets see how the AFL and the cops handle this.
Will they man up and do something positive or try and sweep the inncident under the rug?

Lets see how the AFL and the cops handle this.
Will they man up and do something positive or try and sweep the inncident under the rug?
The guy is probably in Greece by now

A million cameras around Docklands but somehow he vanishes into thin air like The Jackal

If they can't find him, the AFL has no option other than to dock Carlton premiership points

GV0L0rKbYAA4deB

Sure thing...full bottle of water to the back of the head which draws blood.

The media all blurting out for a fact this was a Carlton supporter. Has this actually been established...because it's been shown that it clearly didn't come from the cheersquad.

If the person is caught, they should be banned for life. But let's deal with facts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a cousin to her first game on Saturday and talked about how great our game was, how civil our crowds were not requiring fences to protect those on the playing field, no bans on taking in lipstick/bottles with caps on it etc ……. we want to keep it that way you gutless moron!!!!!!!!! Disgraceful act should be banned for life and charged.

Like the identity of the perpetrator, club allegiance is unknown.

Reports of them wearing a Carlton cheer squad top can’t be confirmed.

Believed to have been in the vicinity of the Carlton cheer squad / members area but a rogue Saint can’t be ruled out nor a lone-wolf umpire hating neutral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swept under carpet like two weeks ago ?
Or are umpire’s heads more sacrosanct than SUNS players?

good to know we throw bottles like kick goals.

miss em all.

Find the campaigner.
Ban him / her for life.

Shit move by a shit person.

No room for that.

**** second chances. If youve been that much of campaigner to start with, live with the consequences.

Yes im old and I yell at clouds
GO Catters

Like the identity of the perpetrator, club allegiance is unknown.

Reports of them wearing a Carlton cheer squad top can’t be confirmed.

Believed to have been in the vicinity of the Carlton cheer squad / members area but a rogue Saint can’t be ruled out nor a lone-wolf umpire hating neutral.
Given it was thrown at a point of the game where Carlton fans didn't feel like they were getting a decent go with the umps I think there's a high degree of confidence it's a blues fan.

Should be penalised heavily.

But its interesting that the proposed life ban is a more severe penalty than that imposed for systematic drug cheating, salary cap rorting and so on.

If the identity of the culprit isn’t confirmed by 5pm tonight, the team they support support should forfeit their final plus first game next season if they are participating in finals. If not participating in finals they forfeit the first 2 games of next year :D

Given it was thrown at a point of the game where Carlton fans didn't feel like they were getting a decent go with the umps I think there's a high degree of confidence it's a blues fan.

Was there an issue with a goal umpiring call though?

Leaving aside the behaviour is disgraceful, it doesn’t even appear to be logical.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Goal Umpire Injured By Crowd Thrown Bottle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back