AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Afl live dlc out now!

It certainly says it, but it's not there.

Maybe Ross can give us the low-down on it.

Little pricey, must say.

It certainly says it, but it's not there.

Maybe Ross can give us the low-down on it.

Little pricey, must say.

also how is that a little pricey? most sports franchises add very little features wise each yeah because the they know that people will pay almost full fare for for the new rosters. I think its awesome and they could have charged more.

Re: AFL Live DLC out now?

I suppose it depends on just how much DLC we get, but my first reaction was that it was a little pricey also.

Tempting...but I really don't know if I can play this game anymore unless the custom teams get wiped out for online play and the bumping is refined.

So what can you tell us Ross? Or are TruSpu continuing their excellent business model of not allowing anyone to say anything about anything?

If you would like me to, i will purchase it, then i will give you feedback and a video on youtube doing a review so you know whether it is worth $14.99 or not.

www.youtube.com/BGLMEDIA

I suppose it depends on just how much DLC we get, but my first reaction was that it was a little pricey also.

Tempting...but I really don't know if I can play this game anymore unless the custom teams get wiped out for online play and the bumping is refined.

So what can you tell us Ross? Or are TruSpu continuing their excellent business model of not allowing anyone to say anything about anything?

well remember they have to be carefull as too not generate any level of hype

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting up an xbox 360 league and a ps3 league so if you are interested, pm me :thumbsu:

also how is that a little pricey? most sports franchises add very little features wise each yeah because the they know that people will pay almost full fare for for the new rosters. I think its awesome and they could have charged more.
Because if it is just a roster change then it is pricey.

I love BigAnt and AFL Live as much as anyone, but I'm not going to say that from the outside a simple roster update (WHICH IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, I DON'T KNOW THE CONTENT) is pricey for $15.

Whatever you think of other franchises, they do far more than a roster update from year to year too.

The DLC still isn't out and the store was updated today, so it's still hard to gauge, but if it's a roster update, then it is pricey IMO. And it still won't change online being ruined by custom teams.

im thinking they have actually made the GWS side with theme songs and all, and hard to make skoda stadium, because not everyone will buy this.

Gotta say I'm impressed. Was ready to put a line through any PS3/XB AFL action this year. Provided the patch isn't a disaster this will be a great model - leave BA to focus on a major release every two or three years and use roster updates in the meantime to keep the slobbering hordes happy.

I'm not a betting man but my guess is:
- roster and fixture update inc. add GWS
- stats update (must do - Melbourne, Eagles, Essendon etc. - very dated)
- disable custom teams for online
- some very minor tweaks

We'll see.

I would hope that there's a free patch to fix the issues like custom teams... that should be forced onto people.

DLC can be GWS and other new features, like maybe new fixtures.

Fixing issues with the game shouldn't be DLC, it should only be new features (here's hoping).

I would hope that there's a free patch to fix the issues like custom teams... that should be forced onto people.

DLC can be GWS and other new features, like maybe new fixtures.

Fixing issues with the game shouldn't be DLC, it should only be new features (here's hoping).

Yep, the DLC will more than likely just be roster updates, including the new GWS team. It won't tweak the game play, nor ban custom teams online.

It definitely needs a patch to go with it to do the aforementioned things though, or I'll be struggling to give away my $15.

This epic, so pumped for the DLC!! Bit of shame that I went to the trouble of completely updating the roster manually lol.

What I reckon must be included:
-Roster Update
-2012 Season Game Mode
-2012 NAB Cup Game Mode
-Minor Tweaks
-Updated kits
-Blacktown arena
-New player and team rankings (ie. Essendon, West Coast better)

What would be awesome but probably won't happen:
-Career Mode
-Manual Replay Button
-Major Gameplay changes
-More customisable kits
-More online modes (like FIFA 12)

I am also hoping that it doesn't completely overwrite your current roster (ie. keep custom Brisbane team of 2003 that I made), instead it was like a separate game mode like FIFA Euro 2012 is in FIFA 12. Again, I'm actually really pumped for this. Who's up for some online tonight BTW?

Because if it is just a roster change then it is pricey.

I love BigAnt and AFL Live as much as anyone, but I'm not going to say that from the outside a simple roster update (WHICH IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, I DON'T KNOW THE CONTENT) is pricey for $15.

Whatever you think of other franchises, they do far more than a roster update from year to year too.

The DLC still isn't out and the store was updated today, so it's still hard to gauge, but if it's a roster update, then it is pricey IMO. And it still won't change online being ruined by custom teams.

Guess i just fundamentally disagree with you. i think its a great deal if it was just GWS, a rating refresh of the comp, and the new season fixtures.

If Big Ant's plan is to do a boxed copy every other year and a list update DLC for $15 in-between i reckon its just right, i sort of wish madden or fifa would offer this(they never would).

BTW madden adds sweet F all each year features wise, last year they added pregame presentation styling which while cool doesn't justify 75% of the purchase price. I remember one year the feature they added was they categorised start players as "weapons", and gave them a little emblem for their strength. the next year they took it out.

What's your PSN? I usually play with my 4 and half star custom 2003 Brisbane team to stay competitive but I can play as a defaultish (with all 2012 players added) team.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back