Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

Thefeath18

Team Captain
Feb 27, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a thread to help BigAnt To see what there clients want for future patches and games.

(Patches)

1) Online to be more fare and for rage quitters to be with other rage quitters.

2) Team managment to be alot easier to navigate and swap players.

3) A couple more options with quater lenghts.

4) A couple of more jumpers in create a team.

5) The salary cap to be a little more for a created team.​

Next years version the usual hopes of;
My Player Mode.
Manager/Franchise Mode.
More animations/dribble kick.
General improvement.

Patches;
Slight upgrade to speed, as in make it a bit more a difference maker.
Eg Jetta out running Leigh brown etc.
Then the season/matchup bugs as well as players like Riewoldt not rotating through ruck using common sense or the ability to change it.
Other then that not much.

4 vs 4 online multiplayer (not 4 local vs 4 local online). As far as I can tell you can't do that in '11. Glad to be told I'm wrong though.

would love to see a be-a-pro mode where you get drafted etc
of course manager mode where you can use your created team in the actuall premiership season, i also think adding the ability to have more than 18 teams in one season would be good as well

would love to see a draft and trading system implemented. hopefully the trading can be done so it is actually realistic unlike the previous afl games. a way this could be done is by say add a numerical value to each player, say the top ranked players (above 90 on ratings) are worth say 100 points and in order to secure the player through the trade you need to offer up something that equals or betters 100 points. so say a first round pick is worth 50 points, combined with a hack thats worth 40 and maybe a late pick thats worth 20 and all up theres 110 points and you have done the deal. this way at least you have to give up something decent like a first rounder in order to get the player you want.

not much all round needs to be changed but adding a beapro and manager mode would be a great way to continue to improve the game....hopefully also even further down the line state leagues can be implemented as well

-More excitement in the commentary
-7 minute quarters
-Tackling nerfed/sprint boosted (although Big Ant shouldn't go overboard with it)
-Diving (not for free kicks) to get to the ball first, to keep the ball in from the boundary and to knock it through the goals
-A more interesting set shot system (maybe by incorporating run ups, maybe even a joystick "flickit" system)
-A simpler team select menu where you can see who you're manning up on
-More control over automatic ruck and midfield rotations
-A smaller difference when putting a rover as a ruck rover, centre, ect.
-Easier aim to team mates with handballs

Mostly little things but that's what I can think of so far

Yea, would love to see those two things put in there, would also like to see the down field rule in. :thumbsu:

This is in. I've only had one in my 60 or so games though.

-Career mode with rolling seasons, trading, drafting, retiring & player growth.
-Instant replay

-A more interesting set shot system (maybe by incorporating run ups, maybe even a joystick "flickit" system)

I like this. I imagine it would be a lot like Madden when attempting a field goal. It's a more naturally feeling method of set shot and gives you more room for error than the current system, which won't make things too easy (as they are now) and will ensure that every kick is different.

Would love manager mode, more seasons and the ability to save rosters, also more options online would be nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the replays should be a little better, should be able to see oposition marks, and should be able to see all the marks not just the ones when you mark in your 50 meter arc.

Just a thread to help BigAnt To see what there clients want for future patches and games.

1) Online to be more fare and for rage quitters to be with other rage quitters.

5) The salary cap to be a little more for a created team.​
Seriously, what's the use of putting these two there? You know they're going to be fixed in the patch.

Trying to be realistic here. Some could be covered or partially covered in the upcoming patch.

Improved graphics. Not a priority, they're fine, but it would be a nice touch.

Up-close celebrations when a player kicks a goal. Once again, not a priority, but it feels like I never actually see any players' faces unless they're at FF, FB or RBP (Playing with the Swans, I have only got a good look at Bradshaw, LRT and Kennelly). Could also maybe zoom in briefly on the players at stoppages before zooming out to the umpire bouncing the ball. Would add a touch more personality and realism to the players.

Improved cameras. Easier said than done I know, but all the camera angles seem to produce some significant blind spots.

Created players aren't more expensive than pre-existing players. Could also maybe have a "best 22" salary cap, to ensure gamers don't load their best 22 with super-freakish players. This would force them to have depth, like any normal list. It would allow for a whole new strategy behind team building, allowing you to tailor some custom players perfectly for their position, while forcing you to eliminate strengths which won't be used in their intended position.

The interchange system needs some tweaking. It's pretty damn good, all things considered, but it still produces some problems. It would be great if you could designate positions that a player WON'T be moved to. I find it really frustrating when I get Ted Richards/LRT in the guts or McVeigh at CHF. There should be an option to nomiate positions that certain players will NEVER be moved to. Alternatively, when selecting the team each player could have a number of other positions they are allowed to rotate through. Perhaps there could be a default option which is typical (e.g. a wingman can play on either wing, in the centre, in the midfield and on the flanks, in order of compatibility; a ruckman can rotate through FF/FP, etc).

Being able to copy players, custom or otherwise. This would allow players to be listed for multiple sides, and would make creating new players easier if you wanted to base them off old ones.

This is absolutely lowest on the list of priorities, but I reckon it would be great if there was a feature that allowed you to record the name of a player for commentary purposes. The nickname list is a great way of getting around having the wrong name assigned, but this would be pretty cool too. Dennis Commetti impersonations anyone?

Being able to lay a bump and shepherd. This is obvious, though I appreciate it's probably a lot easier said than done.

Better sprint. It's not as bad as a lot of people say, but it's still impossible to get away from somebody; when you take the ball, you have to have a minimum amount of space and be moving in the right direction, otherwise you're screwed. There's no sprinting around the man on the mark to steal a few extra metres on a shot at goal, no bursting through the clinches Judd-style, etc. Players should also be harder to tackle when sprinting. Perhaps the tackle shrugging function should be automatic when sprinting?

7-8 minute quarters.

Access to a full list of players stats during and after a game, rather than just top 3s and team stats.

Obviously rolling seasons, manager mode, etc would be awesome in an ideal world, but getting the gameplay right is the first step.

Quite a long list, but I don't mean it as a criticism of the game at all. This game has captured Aussie Rules MUCH better than any previous attempt. No sports video game truly captures the essence of the sport it is emulating, and AR has been particularly difficult. Throw in the relatively limited market and resultant low budgets, and the gameplay is an incredible effort.

I believe that's in already mate, just hardly see it. Need to be under very, very little pressure for it to be awarded.

Could be wrong though...?

I have had it called on me once when i was being tackled near the goals so i handballed it through mid tackle and got pinged. I wasnt happy as it put me behind with not long to go. Also I have done Joel Bowdens from kickins that haven't been called and handballed through while not being tackled but an opposition player about 10 or so metres away.

Two things.
Change the team management menu to a more user friendly interface, this one is only useable once you get used to it, and even then its not as good as it could be.

Either remove the inability of players to play out of position completely, or at least make them able to play in multiple positions without losing abilitys. There is absolutely no reason for a rover to lose ability while playing ruck rover/centre. Or for a full back to lose ability playing in the back pocket. I'd also like to be able to tag a specific player (See the Pro Evolution series) rather than have a position set to tag mode.

Secondly.

The pace of the game should be looked at. I think it might be too fast, hard to tell as I'm no expert, and haven't played in the last day or so, but my memory is that its very, very fast paced.

The marking system is also annoying, I may just be bad at it, but I find that I just can't figure out how the hell you win contests unless you are massively in a better position than your opponent.

Would love to see customisable formations. For example, a 3 man forward line or a 7 man defence. Maybe go with the one tall deep and push the pockets to the flanks. More customisation in how the team sets up.

Even changing how the midfielders set up at centre bounces. Change it to one on one if you're consistently being beaten in the clearances, or move them to more attacking positions if you think you're ruck will get first hands on the ball most times.

Finding the perfect camera. Side is great for quick, accurate handballs but very hard to spot up a long target down the field. End to end is the exact opposite. Can't make up my mind on which to go with so end up switching through the two.

They need a camera from the pocket. or one that aims diagonally across the field and moves with the ball.

I think the main thing to improve upon would have to be the tackling
There needs to be more variety for example missed tackles, one handed jersey tackles, group tackles etc. as well as the abilty to knock the ball out even when your tackled to the ground.
Also give free kicks for dropping the ball when a kick is atempted when tackled but the ball is dropped

The playes name should be on top of the player, not down in the corner of the screen.
Awesome! That way we can't see where the players are! :thumbsu:

I think the main thing to improve upon would have to be the tackling
There needs to be more variety for example missed tackles, one handed jersey tackles, group tackles etc. as well as the abilty to knock the ball out even when your tackled to the ground.
Also give free kicks for dropping the ball when a kick is atempted when tackled but the ball is dropped
REALLY? Am I seriously reading this?

definately more player stats youc an research and see during the game.
tackels like lyncha said.
dribbles along the ground
manager
more customisation options (especially tattoos)
increase creat a team salary cap.

Most important features for me are a My Player mode, able to do replays, consecutive seasons and being able to view full game stats for every player just not the top 3.

Not so important are more jumper options for AFL teams such as the hawks Kokoda jumper and the eagles yellow jumper also more options for custom teams.

One thing that I would love to see in the game is a history section similar to NBA 2K11 where it would have listed how many premierships/medals the team/players had won (would also be cool if the team song would play in their history section), adding on to that another section (like NBA) listing all the grand final teams and medal winners over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl Live- Suggestions For Future features

Remove this Banner Ad

Back