Game Day AFL National Draft night #1 - Currently hold pick 16. Monday November 28th. Coverage @ 7pm via Fox Footy, Kayo + AFL App

Remove this Banner Ad

So we’re now at the point where it’s like a new draft tomorrow night, and we have picks 7, 9 and 26.

Hayes
Cowan
Barnett
Clarke
Hotton
Keeler
George

One of these guys will be available, and if someone bids on Davey, and maybe a smoky gets thrown in somewhere, we’ll have a crack at two of them. Or maybe we just take Ryan or Richards but either way we’re in a good position.

There’s also still the possibility of Van Es, Magor or Verrall at 47 (26th remaining selection).
Lemmey who we have an interest in too.

So glad we got Allan, sets up the rest of the draft for us now.

Stay away from Keeler, Cowan, Clarke and Barnett, bitches!
Could you please provide rational reasons for your - & by the way your incredibly sexist comments, RS, are a disgrace - why we should not

Could we try and use our 2 2nd Rounders to try and Trade Up.

Eagles might look to move down as the most WA Kids rating about then are Gone

I hope not. I think we’ll get better value by standing pat, unless we want to trade out for a F2.

Could you please provide rational reasons for your - & by the way your incredibly sexist comments, RS, are a disgrace - why we should not

The other clubs are the bitches, that should be obvious! :D

BW22
Could you please provide some rational reasons for your - & by the way your incredibly sexist comments, RS, are a disgrace & not all humourous - thoughts as to why we should not draft any of the 4 players whom you have mentioned. This applies especially to Keeler & Barnett.

Hine said today we have scope to use all four but won't hesitate to pass or trade out the pick if there's nothing available we like and potentially use it for the SSP.

Missed That and that is Intresting as we could lost the 4th Pick for Richards or a Ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst case prediction whereby there is no Davey bid.

22. GWS - Charlie Clarke
23. West Coast - Brayden George
24. Western Bulldogs - Ollie Hotton
25. Essendon - Lewis Hayes
26. North Melbourne - Max Gruzewski
27. Sydney Swans - Harry Barnett
28. Collingwood - Lachlan Cowan
29. West Coast - Kaleb Smith
30. Collingwood - Joe Richards/James Van Es/Tom McCallum/Henry Hustwaite

A Davey bid from one of the top three is crucial. We might luck out and end up with Hayes+Cowan or something crazy like that

Worst case prediction whereby there is no Davey bid.

22. GWS - Charlie Clarke
23. West Coast - Brayden George
24. Western Bulldogs - Ollie Hotton
25. Essendon - Lewis Hayes
26. North Melbourne - Max Gruzewski
27. Sydney Swans - Harry Barnett
28. Collingwood - Lachlan Cowan
29. West Coast - Kaleb Smith
30. Collingwood - Joe Richards/James Van Es/Tom McCallum/Henry Hustwaite

A Davey bid from one of the top three is crucial. We might luck out and end up with Hayes+Cowan or something crazy like that
Why would a Davey bid matter? All it does is push our picks back because after 25 Essendon's next pick is after our last active one.

Why would a Davey bid matter? All it does is push our picks back because after 25 Essendon's next pick is after our last active one.

A Davey bid before Essendon’s next pick doesn’t push our pick back.

It does however ensure that Essendon takes Davey there instead of a player we would prefer was still in the pool.

Given it's probably worth using our pick 47 if we have our eyes on Lemmey, hoping we can trade out a second round this year and get back into the second round next year. Who's the best candidate?

Would Adelaide want to get back into the second round? Pick 30 for their future second tied to Adel/NM? They owe us for for giving them a future 3rd for Frampton.

Can hopefully then pick up a Barnett/Hayes with our second rounder and Lemmey with pick 47.

I would have ended the night feeling more content if we had of bid on Davey.

I really don't understand the rationale why we didn't as Essendon were surely matching at pick 20.

Why give your opposition a leg up? Sydney understood this.

If I was looking for any answer why we didn't then perhaps we weren't prepared to slide our original pick 16 as part of any deal and knew if we made a bid as early as 16 (without the above slide involved) Essendon would look to trade 22 out for a future picks.

Now though if a bid comes later and in the next 3 selections could it be we look to exchange 28 and 30 for 25 (+future 3rd?).

The advantage for Essendon would be 28 pays for the Davey bid and they still get to add another player from this years second round.

The advantage for us is that we get to move ahead of a couple of clubs who might well be eyeing off the same player/s we desire next on our draft board and while I can support the rationale of taking two players instead of just one inside the 2nd round tomorrow night I'm reminded that we missed out on the likes of a Shai Bolton by one spot so I don't think you can ever be blase about what a difference moving up a couple of spots could make at this point of the draft.

Hustwaite is still there, but surely we don’t try to add two 194cm midfield prospects?
What's height got to do with it? Is there an assumption being made about height implying skillset? Not to mention size in midfield has been one of our bigger weaknesses. I'd have a midfield full of 200cm players if they had the right skillsets.

are you on the piss?
No pal. I do drink! I am totally serious & comments like your's as a moderator should disenfranchise you from that position going forward. I do now many of my female Collingood supporting fans - and after 68 years following the Club I do know quite a few female Magpire supporters across all backgrounds, careers & demographics & diverse family roles - are less than mpressed with such "humorous" attempts "full of wit" & "nuance" & "tasteful humour" when all areas of the Club should be "DOING BETTER" Perhaps you should worked on your comedy routines & one liners down at the local pub so as to life your game, mate. Rather than attack the messengers by implying I have an alcohol problem. A classy response, I totally think not!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL National Draft night #1 - Currently hold pick 16. Monday November 28th. Coverage @ 7pm via Fox Footy, Kayo + AFL App

Remove this Banner Ad

Back