Remove this Banner Ad

spell_check

Premiership Player
Oct 26, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
(Thanks to matty p for this suggestion)

I have competed against Joel Patfull in Little Athletics (sprints) and also against Luke Jericho in the seniors and I think in the SA Athletic League (sprints again).

played in a local u/16's basketball grand final winning team with xavier ellis and funnily enough on the other team we were playin was scotty pendlebury so thats my claim to fame

spell_check said:
(Thanks to matty p for this suggestion)

I have competed against Joel Patfull in Little Athletics (sprints) and also against Luke Jericho in the seniors and I think in the SA Athletic League (sprints again).

Played with Darren Bennett and Micheal Brennan Ardross Under 16's Perth. I was the 19th man. And 14 years old. Got smashed around.

Played junior footy against Sam Lonergan and umpired him when he was at senior level in Tassie.

Always a very dominant player. Hope he gets things going at AFL level.

Played Under 15's with Matt Maguire and Tim Callan

Played Under 15's and under 18's against Nathan and Gary Ablett

Played school footy with James Bartel, Joel Reynolds and Nick Maxwell

Played school footy against Ricky Dyson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skilts said:
Played cricket with Peter Bedford.

Skilts now there is a truly gifted all round sportsman, probably the last of his type to play cricket for his state and football at the highest level with distinction. A very gifted cricketer and an absolute champion footballer.

FWIW, I played school footy with Jimmy Jess and footy and club football against Rod Ashman and Jimmy Buckley and cricket with Gary Watts who opened the batting for the Vics and I was caught out by Greg Williams who took a pearler in the gully.

yeh he is a nice guy, he wasnt one of those arrogant good players who would only pass to other good players he just passed to whoever was in best position. He also comes fox shooting with us and did work experience on our farm.

Merv Hughes hit me in the plums at training for Footscray cc.:eek:

(I was 16 and playing 4th grade, he was somewhat playing at a higher level on a regular basis)

Worked with Daniel Giansiracusa, nice guy

Went to school with and also tagged Paul Kolouriotis. Knocked him down every chance I got. Good player

Played on Paul Chapman for a quarter. He killed us. Only time I stopped him was when I clotheslined him.

David Fanning went to my high school and he was huge even in yr 7

Played cricket (Murchison vs. Kyabram in B-Grade) against the then 15 year old, Brett Deledio. (He was then considered to be a better cricketer than a footballer at that time, and he could swing the ball both ways, and was damn quick for a 15 year old, was great in the field and had great technique as a batsman).

He was a freak, (and it was reported that before he died, David Hookes was trying to get him a spot in the Victorian Team to play Shield Cricket), and even now, when he comes back to Ky, he plays a few games of A-Grade and dominates.

And also my cousin, played in the same footy team as Chris Judd at Caulfield Grammar.

Chasing the Dream said:
Merv Hughes hit me in the plums at training for Footscray cc.:eek:

(I was 16 and playing 4th grade, he was somewhat playing at a higher level on a regular basis)

Did you also face another quick by the name of Glenn Mills who was a leftie, he normally played seconds but played firsts when Merv was on State or National duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL players you have played for or against in any sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back