AFL Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so what you're implying here is that if every leg got up and you had $1k riding on Collingwood to win between 1-19 points, you wouldn't place a few bets so you're garanteed a $1k payout no matter what? Interesting

Don't include collingwood in the first place and you will already have won money before that game even starts. If you don't want collingwood 1-19 as the last leg don't put it in. If you do want it in why hedge?

Back to the footy guys :)

Hawthorn will win comfortably today, cant see a team with Stephenson and Maric getting the job done here (pretty much playing 2 men down at the MCG).

Melbourne are now backable at those odds - dont really understand the huge surge for GWS, they are still winless.

West Coast will also win handsomely this afternoon.

Freo have Ballantyne back now, they should be too strong for Carlton at Etihad - they will be hunting for 2nd spot and a home final now after Geelongs loss last night...

Adelaide with Dangerfield back, seriously guys, they are a better side than Port Adelaide, even with all the injuries... wouldnt touch the game due to it being a "derby" but they are a better team.

And finally, Essendon to get the job done over the Pies and Buckley to get the ass at years end.

Been busy this week, back at Uni.

Tonight's AFL Plays:

1U Geelong 1-39 @ $2.10
1U DT: Duncan > Stokes @ $1.95
1U DT: Johnson > Selwood @ $1.87
3U: Harvey Under 97.5 @ $1.87

Gone big on Harvey.

The one time I go big on something :(. Oh well, I'll learn from my mistakes. Max bet is 2U from now on in.

AFL Rd 19 Picks:

1U Port Adelaide SU @ $1.87:
  • Watched the Powers play the Lions last week and if it wasn't for their inaccurate kicking, they would have dominated the Lions.
  • Their midfield clearance work is very good, up there with the Fremantle Dockers.
  • Their youngsters in Wingard & Wines are in very good form, will be superstars in the future.
  • Their defence has held up well considering how young/inexperienced they are.
  • Adelaide have 5 changes, lose Sloane whose outside run is very under-rated.
  • Losing Jenkins is massive as that is their one key focal point.
1U Port Adelaide -2.5 @ $1.93:
  • Read Above
  • Should have just taken Port SU 2U, hope the 2.5 points doesn't help me in the end.
1U Carlton/Freo OVER 170.5 @ $1.91:
  • 95% of games at Etihad has gone over 170 points (something like 34-3)
  • Last time Fremantle played at Etihad (Against the Doggies), it was 184 Total Points
1U Melbourne @ $2.18:
  • Can't see why GWS should be favourites considering they haven't won in over a year.
  • Not sure GWS have a great home advantage.
  • As long as the Demons can stop Cameron, they should win.
  • Demon's midfielders in Sylvia and Jones seem to come out to play when they can bully their opposition
1U Hawks/Rich UNDER 189.5 @ $1.91:
  • Rain is forecasted for this afternoon in Melbourne.
  • Wet and greasy conditions would make it hard for both teams.
  • Imagine the Tigers would drop one back considering they have to contend with Roughead, Franklin and Gunston.
1U West Coast Eagles @ $1.42:
  • Not sure how GCS will fare having to travel across the continent.
  • The line is too 50/50 for me as it will depend on which team turns up.
  • West Coast Eagles should win with their power forwards and their massive home crowd advantage.
1U St Kilda +39.5 @ $1.42:
  • St Kilda should dominate the clearances and win the midfield battle.
  • Just not sure they will be able to contain Brown and not sure whether they have enough scoring power to cover the line.
  • Playing it safe here.
1U DT: Grigg > Deledio @ $2.05:
  • Richmond like using Grigg as a link-man in the midfield (Much like how Geelong use Duncan).
  • That equals a lot of uncontested marks and handball receives.
  • If it does rain and become a wet day, Grigg is known to rack up the tackles.
  • Deledio should be tagged and hassled throughout the game.
1U: GWS vs. Hawthorn UNDER 205.5 Points (LuxMatch):
  • Can't see GWS scoring more than 85 points.
  • Think Hawthorn should be restricted to under 120 points with the rain and the Tigers likely to drop numbers behind the ball.
Been busy with university so haven't had a chance to write it up during the week.
Good Luck everyone.

I like GWS under 97.5 total points.
In their history, they have only scored higher than this on 4 occasions.
If Melbourne can contain Cameron, I think this is possible.

Back to the footy guys :)

Hawthorn will win comfortably today, cant see a team with Stephenson and Maric getting the job done here (pretty much playing 2 men down at the MCG).

Melbourne are now backable at those odds - dont really understand the huge surge for GWS, they are still winless.

West Coast will also win handsomely this afternoon.

Freo have Ballantyne back now, they should be too strong for Carlton at Etihad - they will be hunting for 2nd spot and a home final now after Geelongs loss last night...

Adelaide with Dangerfield back, seriously guys, they are a better side than Port Adelaide, even with all the injuries... wouldnt touch the game due to it being a "derby" but they are a better team.

And finally, Essendon to get the job done over the Pies and Buckley to get the ass at years end.

And what exactly do you base that on?

Multi

GWS win
Lions to lead at every qtr
Bombers win
West Coast HT/FT
Hawks over 15.5

Melbourne 4th quarter line (+1.5) @ 1.77

Sportsbet have Melbourne to win 4th qtr H2H at $1.66, but the line of +1.5 is $1.77. This is a result of GWS being favourites to win the game but still amazing to see +points being longer odds than the SU win of 4th quarter.

I like Melbourne and Gold Coast today.

West Coast have struggled at Subi this year and we lack genuine leg speed all over the ground. This is something that Gold Coast have plenty of and they should really enjoy the open spaces.

West Coast without Naitanui, Masten and Shuey which is almost the starting midfield and no Hurn or Waters who are the main rebounders in the team.

Gold Coast ins are very good. Prestia and Thompson have been very good this year. Thompson is a good match up for Kennedy and has been seriously underrated this year. Swallow is also a good in.

Oh, and GC have Ablett.

If you ignore the result last week, Melbourne have been far more competitive under the new coach. A win against the Bulldogs and competitive against Sydney and Brisbane.

Terlich and Garland are big ins for them. Garland has had a very good year and Terlich gives them a good ball user off half back.

GWS have been competitive over the last few weeks against Collingwood and Essendon but they also lost to the Bulldogs and got smashed by Sydney and North.

Gone 1U - GWS Under 98 @ $1.90.
I know Hawthorn don't like to tag but I'm near certain they won't let Deledio run free today.
Plus think Grigg will go 100+.
In form and loves the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide v Port Adelaide - Total points are at 172.5
I think this is too low and it will go over because:
- The weather is much better and there are not the high winds and/or rain that have prevailed over many games there this year.
- Ports defence is a little suspect - we have been leaking goals in patches
- The last time these teams met the score was well over 200

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back