AFL Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

My algorithm suggests some big bets this week:

29% on the Kangaroos at $3.69 - big boost to their rating after last week's demolition, and a considerable home ground advantage
35% on West Coast at $1.465 - good odds against Gold Coast
12% on Carlton at $1.833 - worth it against a travelling Fremantle
4% on the Bulldogs at $8.36 - worth a cheeky bet
27% on Adelaide at $2.06 - the model has them as favourites in the derby.

All odds from Pinnacle

See http://aflpredictions.wordpress.com for more discussion of the round, tips and bets.

You missed one. Is there a reason you didn't predict the Bombers Pies game?

I've tailed your bets the last 2 weeks and it's been great so far, so hope this pays off once again!

Hawks
WC -15.5
Saints +28.5
Blues/Freo Total points Over 165.5

$4.33

look good?
Got the first three in a multi aswell but with saints +31.5

not sure about the total in the Carlton/Freo game. It could be a defensive slog or an open game, never know with Freo. They should shut down Carlton pretty easily, 50/50

Got the first three in a multi aswell but with saints +31.5

not sure about the total in the Carlton/Freo game. It could be a defensive slog or an open game, never know with Freo. They should shut down Carlton pretty easily, 50/50

Oh k, I'm using TAB, don't know where to find the +31.5, and now that you've said that about the Blues/Freo game I've replaced them with the Cats to win.

You missed one. Is there a reason you didn't predict the Bombers Pies game?

I've tailed your bets the last 2 weeks and it's been great so far, so hope this pays off once again!
Oops! Thanks for picking that up. I've updated the blog with:

Collingwood (59%) 1.855 vs Essendon (41%) 2.02 Predicted margin: 8

Bet $0.11 on Collingwood

AFL Value Multi:
Cats 1-39
Melb win
Wce 1-39
Multi Paying $9.70
AFL Safe Multi:
Melb +24.5
Hawks win
Wce win
Freo +24.5
Stk +50.5
Syd win
Multi paying $4

There is only 1 game this season Pies played to thier full potential that was against Geelong. For the rest they were s***.

Supercoach @$7.07
Selwood > Johnson - Selwood is flying, has been under 133 only once in the last 7 games.
Enright > Taylor - Enright is far more consistent, you know he'll get 90-100 and Harry can throw up some low numbers.
Thompson > Petrie - Petrie Averages 100 for the year but only 70 against top 4 sides.

I'm liking North @ $2.40 to win the first quarter at Bet365.

Similarly, I am confused as to why GWS is paying $2.15 to win the third quarter against Melbourne with Sportsbet. I'm on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why Carlton are favorites. Freo are a top 4 team and will prove it on the weekend. Carlton have been average all season. IMO amazing value for Freo @ $2 just to win

You can get Jeremy Cameron to kick the most goals in the Melbourne V GWS game @ 2.10 on sportingbet.

Nobody in this game really comes close to him for goals per game. From the 2 lists it goes:

Cameron - 3.1 per game (50 goals)
O'hAilpin - 1.9 per game (13) - NOT PLAYING
Clarke - 1.8 (7) - NOT PLAYING
Patton - 1.7 (5) - NOT PLAYING
Fitzpatrick - 1.4 (11)
Howe - 1.4 (23)
Dawes - 1.1 (12) - NOT PLAYING

Fitzpatrick is capable of a relatively big game but clearly isn't in the class of Cameron and Howe is a little out of form at the moment.

Plus, Frawley is out this week for Melbourne.

If you're like me and were tempted to take Melbourne to win @ ~2.20, this could prove to be a good semi-hedge, because, obviously, if GWS win, the chance of Cameron kicking the most goals is decent. Since round 4 he's lead GWS in goals 7/12 times and pushed 4/12 times.

You can get Jeremy Cameron to kick the most goals in the Melbourne V GWS game @ 2.10 on sportingbet.

Nobody in this game really comes close to him for goals per game. From the 2 lists it goes:

Cameron - 3.1 per game (50 goals)
O'hAilpin - 1.9 per game (13) - NOT PLAYING
Clarke - 1.8 (7) - NOT PLAYING
Patton - 1.7 (5) - NOT PLAYING
Fitzpatrick - 1.4 (11)
Howe - 1.4 (23)
Dawes - 1.1 (12) - NOT PLAYING

Fitzpatrick is capable of a relatively big game but clearly isn't in the class of Cameron and Howe is a little out of form at the moment.

Plus, Frawley is out this week for Melbourne.

If you're like me and were tempted to take Melbourne to win @ ~2.20, this could prove to be a good semi-hedge, because, obviously, if GWS win, the chance of Cameron kicking the most goals is decent. Since round 4 he's lead GWS in goals 7/12 times and pushed 4/12 times.
After last week, this looks like really good value

If Cameron can kick 7 against the Pies on the MCG, then he is seriously capable of kicking 10+ against the helpless dees at home. It's a question of if the GWS mids can give him good chances. Looking at Melbourne's defenders, only Garland can stop Cameron. Brogan is named at playing at full forward but he will most likely spend time in the ruck.

2u hawkins < 3 goals @ 1.8
still playing slightly injured and against a good fullback, was good last week against a massively undersized saints defence. has one 8-3 for the year. with last week being the first time since round 9 he had cleared.

1.5u cats -19.5 @2.02

Sorry to keep posting my bets one by one but I'm posting them as I find them.

You can get under 205.5 on bet365 @ 1.91.

My maths has the following:

Of the 36 games at Etihad this season, only 11 have gone over 205.5 (30.5%)
Of Norths 10 games at Etihad this season, 4 have gone over (40%)
Of Geelongs 4 games at Etihad this season, 2 have gone over (50%)
Of Norths 17 games this season, 6 have gone over (35.5%)
Of Geelongs 17 games this season, 5 have gone over (29.4%)

The bad news is that when these teams met in R2, it was at Etihad and the total was 220.

2u sylvia > 81.5 @ 1.87
has cleared 6 of his last 8. and will finally be up against a team of equal shitness, so will get the standard playing GWS uplift.

1u scully>78.5 @ 1.8
has cleared the last 4 non injured games, and again will benefit on the playing melbourne uplift.

2u sylvia > 81.5 @ 1.87
has cleared 6 of his last 8. and will finally be up against a team of equal shitness, so will get the standard playing GWS uplift.

1u scully>78.5 @ 1.8
has cleared the last 4 non injured games, and again will benefit on the playing melbourne uplift.

Like the Scully spot, the line has shifted up to 81.5 @ 1.75. Still value (for now)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back