AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They used to let lapsed members "jump the queue" and rejoin back as full members or at the same spot in the waitlist but you had to pay the absentee fee for the years you were lapsed. I think it was capped at 2 years though so if you came back after 5 years they probably wouldn't do it but it doesn't hurt to ask them I guess.

No time limit for absentee as long as you paid the fee every year. I was a Gold member before I went to absentee for 6 or 7 years straight. Rejoined back as a full member, straight back to Gold. Mate did something similar except he was Silver and still climbed the waitlist during his absentee period.

Think they are changing the rules from next year though, where going forward you can only register as an absentee for a max of 1 year in total during your membership period.

I wonder how many they would catch if they were actually trying to crack down on it.
The way they stick out like dogs balls, you would have to be a complete idiot to be caught out by them. Unless they checked everyone as they entered (which wont ever happen as it is impractical) it would be so easy to bypass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No time limit for absentee as long as you paid the fee every year. I was a Gold member before I went to absentee for 6 or 7 years straight. Rejoined back as a full member, straight back to Gold. Mate did something similar except he was Silver and still climbed the waitlist during his absentee period.

Think they are changing the rules from next year though, where going forward you can only register as an absentee for a max of 1 year in total during your membership period.
Yep but I was talking about members who let their membership lapse, ie they don't renew and so don't have a membership for several years. They used to let you join back up and go back on as a full member if you covered the absentee fees for the years you don't hold a membership, it wasn't meant to exceed 2 years but plenty of people have said they had no membership for longer than 2 years and were able to rejoin as full members.

Yep but I was talking about members who let their membership lapse, ie they don't renew and so don't have a membership for several years. They used to let you join back up and go back on as a full member if you covered the absentee fees for the years you don't hold a membership, it wasn't meant to exceed 2 years but plenty of people have said they had no membership for longer than 2 years and were able to rejoin as full members.
Yes this happened after covid

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back