Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

He said 5,6,7 so you mentioned 3 and 4 year players.

Um.
He said dont hold onto a kid after 5 years and then trade them (ie i read that as do it before they enter year 5)

Your already commiting to year 4 with hobbs, so is it a trade him for a 3rd in 12 months time?

Or go now? Thats why it was a question

Surely Stringer to the Swans after the ineptness of Logan McDonald, Amartey and McLean
It can only really help yesterday

Also if theyre losing Parker hes a similar replacement in that regard

I just have a feeling Stringer would prefer 1 year at us over 2 years at the swans... would have to be 3

Your statement was

So for example case what would you do with Hobbs and Tsatas years 4 and 3 next year respeectivly
We are getting into the territory where we know what we have. If someone came to us now and said here is pick 15 for Hobbs, would you take it? Absolutely you would. I doubt he is that top 10 from draft class player we hoped he would become and every indication is now showing why the (supposed) top 5 player slid into the teens.

Tsatas is essentially into year two. He still has (some) time on his side. If he shows the improvement at VFL level > AFL level over the next 24 months then we have a serious inside mid who would more than likely push a Darcy Parish out of that first group starting centre square mix. I nice problem to have. On the other hand, he stagnates, we realise that he is a one dimensional midfielder only with skills only better than Dylan Clarke and we try like hell to see if someone **** will overpay on the proviso he was a first round draft pick.

If we really are to get creative then I wonder if we look to a Fremantle and take Will Brodie + a second rounder for a future 3rd to acquire points for Kako and pad out the list

Will need to get creative and would somewhat make some sense albeit one I woudlnt agree with

If we really are to get creative then I wonder if we look to a Fremantle and take Will Brodie + a second rounder for a future 3rd to acquire points for Kako and pad out the list

Will need to get creative and would somewhat make some sense albeit one I woudlnt agree with
I don’t know why either team would do that. Surely Brodies contract isn’t even close to salary dump territory and we don’t need him at all

I don’t know why either team would do that. Surely Brodies contract isn’t even close to salary dump territory and we don’t need him at all
With the rumoured additions of Baker, Bolton and possibly trying Dev Roberton &/or Chad Warner then that stacked midfield gets harder again to break into

Not sure why Brodie hasn't been playing for Freo whether it is injury or concerns over his endurance (two way running) which was spoken off. The matches I saw him he is elite in close with his hands and very creative - the Simon Black/Jobe Watson eyes in the back of the head type and racks it up.

Not sure why Brodie hasn't been playing for Freo whether it is injury or concerns over his endurance (two way running) which was spoken off. The matches I saw him he is elite in close with his hands and very creative - the Simon Black/Jobe Watson eyes in the back of the head type and racks it up.
to be fair, hes a ball hunter who loses his opponent on transition. Would fit in at Tullamarine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are getting into the territory where we know what we have. If someone came to us now and said here is pick 15 for Hobbs, would you take it? Absolutely you would. I doubt he is that top 10 from draft class player we hoped he would become and every indication is now showing why the (supposed) top 5 player slid into the teens.

Tsatas is essentially into year two. He still has (some) time on his side. If he shows the improvement at VFL level > AFL level over the next 24 months then we have a serious inside mid who would more than likely push a Darcy Parish out of that first group starting centre square mix. I nice problem to have. On the other hand, he stagnates, we realise that he is a one dimensional midfielder only with skills only better than Dylan Clarke and we try like hell to see if someone **** will overpay on the proviso he was a first round draft pick.
Absolutely i would for Hobbs in this pool

But the reality is that aint happening. So what do you? Do you sell him if someone offers pick 40 or persist with him in the hope he turns it around past year 4?

Last edited:

Im not sure points are an issue for Kako with our current 2nd

Hes rated at pick 15 in Twomeys mock and 95% of the time players go later than what he has them for the NGAs/FS

With the rumoured additions of Baker, Bolton and possibly trying Dev Roberton &/or Chad Warner then that stacked midfield gets harder again to break into
He can’t get into the freo midfield now. And he won’t get into our midfield.

He played 0 games this year and 5 in 2023.

exactly, if they value the list spot, maybe we can do a Gold Coast deal like the Bowes deal to Geelong
You were railing against bringing in Rotham, Mcguiness and Membrey like one day ago because we need to bring in kids.

At least try to be consistent.

You were railing against bringing in Rotham, Mcguiness and Membrey like one day ago because we need to bring in kids.

At least try to be consistent.
was a suggestion to garner more draft collateral to avoid going into points defficit on a Kako bid.

fwiw, I wouldn't do it

He can’t get into the freo midfield now. And he won’t get into our midfield.

He played 0 games this year and 5 in 2023.

The only way it could potentially be rationalised is if he is on stupid money given he is signed up until 2026 off the back of that one break out year he had, and if we could get something of significance for taking him.

It makes no footballing sense, but could potentially make some list management sense if you squint and if we could take advantage of them doing something silly.

No thanks.

If you reckon our transition play is bad, sticking Will Brodie in there won’t help one bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back