Game Day AFLW Collingwood V Melbourne R5, Sunday 3.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic win.

I wasn't sure how we would go against the dees, given I see them as a good team whom we haven't beat in over 2 years. But we were all class.

Between the last time we played dees at last years marvel game before the afl charity bushfire game; we have improved 10x more than I ever could have imagined.

We now have a complete team. Solid defence. Elite and hard working midfield and a forward line that works. Especially when mids like Bri can kick goals.

Last edited:
As an aside, good to see Darcy Guttridge starting to make a mark. Recruiters obviously saw something when we drafted her but she never got much opportunity at the Pies.

IIRC she had bad luck with injuries?

Fantastic win.

I wasn't sure how we would go against the dees, given I see them as a good team whom we haven't been in over 2 years. But we were all class.

Between the last time we played dees at last years marvel game before the afl charity bushfire game; we have improved 10x more than I ever could have imagined.

We now have a complete team. Solid defence. Elite and hard working midfield and a forward line that works. Especially when mids like Bri can kick goals.

+ Great to see the women getting the fans through the turnstiles and having sellouts.
What is the capacity of Vic Park under Covid? What’s the price of entry?

Weird how Melbourne used the umpire rooms underneath Ryder Stand and not the brand new away rooms underneath Sherrin.

+ Great to see the women getting the fans through the turnstiles and having sellouts.
What is the capacity of Vic Park under Covid? What’s the price of entry?
$10. Under covid its about 3k, they are going on 40% capacity.

Bloody fantastic. Watching our side blossom this season has been such a joy. It's great to see more BF regulars watching too. The AFLW will only continue on this trajectory as long as it gets the support from above and the pathways for young girls continue to be developed.

I love Livingstone's.... let's call it "willingness for the contest". Opposition forwards will walk off remembering who they lined up against, that's for sure.

Davey is a class above in the middle. A legit star.

Molloy is a top 5 player in the comp and will end up the best. There's just not any question... She's a pure footballer. Every now and then you see a player who carries themselves differently to other players. Like they were a different category of player altogether and they kinda knew it. Carey had it in spades. Buckley and Voss both. Like they move over the ground, not on it. Chloe has it too.

Weird how Melbourne used the umpire rooms underneath Ryder Stand and not the brand new away rooms underneath Sherrin.

We didn't want the new rooms sullied by their presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The girls are going great.
Must say Ruby Shleicher has improved remarkably, her attack on the ball and movement is AA class.
Has she been getting tips for Darcy M perhaps?
Davey is all quality, Bonnici makes great decisions and is skilful and Molloy is a match winner.
I hope the male team are taking note..
Go girls and go pies

Great TEAM to watch. Very well coached too I might say. They all play for each other which has always been the hallmark of our very best teams.

I gave the coach a cheer and a clap when he walked off after the game, before the girls. He is doing a great job.

Re the bolded, the girls have confidence in each other too. You rarely see them hesitate or be tentative, they know where to go and what to do. Every girl seems well drilled.

Going what I seen and Results we are Definitely better then last year
I concur.
The challenge now is to continue building on the skills and gameplan.
We are now the hunted. Other teams will invest more time into picking apart the plan and negating our best players.
We have a great chance to flag this competition this season. But as we are Collingwood, I await the inevitable.

They’re typically non-contact injuries, so in that sense they are normally innocuous looking when you view the tape, yeah.

R6 coaches votes are in...

Round 5: Collingwood v Melbourne
10. Brianna Davey (COLL)
7. Brittany Bonnici (COLL)
6. Chloe Molloy (COLL)
. Tyla Hanks (MELB)
1. Stacey Livingstone (COLL)
1. Ruby Schleicher (COLL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back