Game Day AFLW Round 1, 2024: West Coast vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson with the play hold up before her game winning goal is up there with the smarter things you'll see on a footy field. Won the game in more ways that just the go ahead goal. I reckon 8/10 times you just see the player bang the ball high and far in that moment.

Not sure what Thomas was thinking on that last kickout when we had open short options with 19secs to kill, but that's the sort of thing we'll improve on in review.

I couldn’t watch live but just finished the replay. Almost certain that’s the first time I’ve watched a full AFLW game

They had some really good moments and were helped by Richmond’s inaccuracy and poor discipline in the first half especially

Really liked Jess Hosking’s game, thought she was terrific

Rentsch wasn’t prolific but once she gets some experience her pace will be a weapon

Can see why people rave about Roberts and Thomas

Drennan seems like a good pickup as her experience showed late

Simmons was a bit of a surprise for someone new to the game - gave off a few really slick handballs in close that released a teammate into space

Totally different vibe to watching a men’s game but it was fun

Might find myself watching a few more

Rarely watch AFLW let alone Eagles, but was surfing the TV channels last night and stumbled on the game. Started watching and got hooked. Was surprised how good it was, some fast ball movement and clean disposals, lots of pressure. Could tell Daisy's influence on the group and the buy-in. Exciting finish. Lets replicate this with the Beagles.

Rarely watch AFLW let alone Eagles, but was surfing the TV channels last night and stumbled on the game. Started watching and got hooked. Was surprised how good it was, some fast ball movement and clean disposals, lots of pressure. Could tell Daisy's influence on the group and the buy-in. Exciting finish. Lets replicate this with the Beagles.
The skill level has come a hell of a long way since inception. It makes a difference having actual footballers rather than athletes.

The skill level has come a hell of a long way since inception. It makes a difference having actual footballers rather than athletes.
Agree, was impressed by the footy skills. Tigers had some shocking kicks on goal, but straightened up as the game went on.

Richmond looked to have more ability but looked an absolute rabble in the first half.
West Coast looked tired in the second half but still looked like they were trying to work to a specific plan.
Very promising signs, getting nervous for the Derby.

Richmond looked to have more ability but looked an absolute rabble in the first half.
West Coast looked tired in the second half but still looked like they were trying to work to a specific plan.
Very promising signs, getting nervous for the Derby.
I wouldn't be too worried brother, I feel the parity of the two teams in the West is at least a year or so away. That being said, if we rock up on the day and the purps don't we might get one on ya 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back