Game Day AFLW Round 5, 2024: West Coast vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS probably deserve to be closing the gap here on balance, but a poor last quarter showing from the girls. They've gone to sleep early. To let the GWS player out there goalside was very poor defending.

Octavia does all the hard work then gets smothered with an open target inside 50. Frustrating.
I go back and forth on her every game, but she’s been good today and that kick was really well seen. She lowered the eyes and went for the hit up instead of just blazing, it’s a damn shame she didn’t get it away quicker.

Disappointing finish to the game, and the difference has largely been GWS making things stick inside 50 in a way they haven’t been able to.

Cleaver needs to develop further before we persist, acknowledging where our injury list is at though she’s all but a lock to keep playing.

Percentage going to force us to win another game than other fringe finalists, but what a joy to be even considering that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts clearly our best, what a superstar. Lewis also very good, but some poor disposal mixed in with the sublime.

Drennan typically prolific but wasted it a lot.

Thomas and the Wakfers ultra reliable. Schilling again just such a smart defender. Wasn't Prior leaving her out?

Lots of good efforts from role players like Octavia, Western and Bakker.

Lyons has more than leagfrogged Lakay, but I hope she starts to be a bit cleaner with the footy.

Gibson and Roux are such shit lords, going to be fun watching them up forward together.

Well done girls and Daisy!

Gibson and Roux are such shit lords, going to be fun watching them up forward together.
I’ve been calling Hosking a sicko, but this might be the new term for sure.

A real energy when it gets down to the forward line with Gibbo actually having support for the first time in forever.

I know fans and media types around the country are mad over the 'faces of the league' going down with injury one by one, but guess what? Just means that spots have opened up and they need to cast their eye over to West and have a look at the 19 year old number 4 with the massive ponytail. What a gun.

Women’s scouting must be nowhere near on par with the men because there is no way that Ella Roberts was the 14th best draft-eligible player in 2022.
It was a state based draft when Ella was drafted, not national, meaning clubs could only access players within their respective state, or players that nominated their state. If it was a national draft she definitely would have gone top three, but the clubs that had the top three picks didn’t have access to her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 5, 2024: West Coast vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back