Game Day AFLW Round 5: vs Geelong away, GMHBA, Thurs. 26/9 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got to watch recording of match. I'm so impressed with the improvement this exciting team continues to show.
I've watched all 4 games and look forward each week to barrack for my Hawks.

So many players were impressive, I'll mention Gilroy for one.. I want the ball in her hands as often as possible, purely for excitement.. And of course Jas Fleming.. That run through half back and precise kick to half forward and resulting goal was a standout amount many, many highlights in this match..

btw. the whole family is watching this talented team.. they are converting new Hawk supporters and non footy fans.

3 weeks?!? Ouch. it looked ok in real time

Kelli Underwood ? 😁.....also described it as off ball too .

I'm still not convinced they weren't calling the game from Laverton
I was convinced they weren't on site too, until the half-time cross showed they were.

Absolute morons in the box on Thursday. Kelli didn't even know deliberate could be paid for messing up a rushed behind...

Kelli Underwood ? 😁.....also described it as off ball too .

I'm still not convinced they weren't calling the game from Laverton
The other chick wasn't much better either.

"That's a goal for the Hawthorn ... team."

Will give her some leeway though, could just be nerves, haven't seen her before.

Wasn't that's a goal for the Hawthorn team. It was "that's a goal for the... cats" when the hawks kicked a goal
Probably a different point in the game, but the above was definitely said, including the pause after "Hawthorn".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that's incredible !

Great result , thought it was no chance
They showed two angles. First showed the bump and looked like might be a head clash. Second showed the heads not hitting each other. Was absolutely ridiculous it got three weeks to start with.

It felt like all the carry on by the commentators combined with a concussion(?) resulted in no one actually looking at the footage.

Only just saw the footage of the 'incident' if you can even call it that!
Not even a free kick, let alone a 3 week suspension

Underwood on the commentary also says it was 'shades of Jordan Lewis'. She can't have surely meant the time against the Dogs where Jordans soul essentially left his body momentarily!? To suggest that and Tamaras bumps are comparable is right up there with bone-head calls of the century

Super happy to see the girls putting some great results together more importantly!

They showed two angles. First showed the bump and looked like might be a head clash. Second showed the heads not hitting each other. Was absolutely ridiculous it got three weeks to start with.

It felt like all the carry on by the commentators combined with a concussion(?) resulted in no one actually looking at the footage.
I'm not joining the commentary pile-on, but your first paragraph sums it up well. I'm guessing the only camera angles were the ones that we saw initially and have been doing the rounds on SM. So well done to the club challenging and proving it was inconclusive (and Tam saying herself there was no contact).

It does suggest the system is flawed if that incident can go from 3 games, the max penalty, down to nothing. Their process needs adjusting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 5: vs Geelong away, GMHBA, Thurs. 26/9 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back