Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we think is happening with stribbles, seems to fly under the radar
Think they will keep her. I think our young group are fairly safe. Lots of skill but not lots of strength at the moment. We need to draft/ trade stronger and bigger bodes to replace the ones we have had to draft via compromised draft to replace the mature players we lost through the hellscape that was expansion

Sad to see Roxy go.

Promised so much, delivered so little.

How old is Aisling?

Also, why would WC trade for a delisted free agent? :tearsofjoy: (hint: she wasn't).

Also, why would WC trade for a delisted free agent? :tearsofjoy: (hint: she wasn't).
No argument from me. If Roux wasn't an unrestricted free agent, it means Fremantle offered her a contract, which she declined.

Always sad to see someone go who embraced the Guernsey (celebrations after goals tugging on it, in multiple derbies)

But she just didn't come on like we all expected, wish her luck in the future

Excited about Aisling! She’s a great get! 🇮🇪🇮🇪

Shame Roxy never reached her potential with us. (Secretly hoping she never does now). Hope she has a decent, yet average, career with them.😣 I will always remember her passionate jumper pull when she kicked a goal after a towering mark against them in the very first derby. (She better not pull that stunt against us, but I’m thinking she probably will…)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty clear that Roxy didn't really affect the trade value anyway, so she may have been a free agent but just chuck her in the trade and get it all done at once

McCarthy is a good pickup though, slightly older than I'd prefer and now we probably have to trade pick 6 for Newton tbh
Seconded

Strong and has good skills and fits a need in the midfield. Will displace one of the other Irish mature agers Id suggest

Sad about Roxy ( not as gutted as my daughter will be when i tell her) Never saw her with the off season training groups and always wondered if there are players who just dont fit in with the group which affects their connection with the team and performance ?

Hope she reaches her potential and always has a shocker in Derbies

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back