Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Draft Is Open For Applications New
Hi all,

The Dubs Buddy Draft is up and running for 2024. Get involved and you can be a buddy to one of our very own players!

I'm glad they don't make them play in the middle of summer anymore, that was dumb.
Biggest issue for mine on that, was they'd schedule us to play at 1:30 in freo, everyone bakes.

All games over here should have been late afternoon starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - what a result ! I wasn’t very hopeful for this season and was worried with all the hype up the road with Daisy Pearce coming in that they would be the better team this year. Still early days but very good start.

Random question but does anyone know if our girls actually play competitively outside of the AFLW season?

Seems we have a few in the WAFLW but WTF do the rest do? I get the established players seem fine and most others will play like atleast 4/5 games in the season.

Basically I'm kinda asking what do players like Stribley do? been on the list for 4 seasons and barely played, hasn't played WAFLW in that time either, how do we expect her to improve to make the team?

Random question but does anyone know if our girls actually play competitively outside of the AFLW season?

Seems we have a few in the WAFLW but WTF do the rest do? I get the established players seem fine and most others will play like atleast 4/5 games in the season.

Basically I'm kinda asking what do players like Stribley do? been on the list for 4 seasons and barely played, hasn't played WAFLW in that time either, how do we expect her to improve to make the team?
yes , they really need to look at getting more games into all the girls

Play AFLW during the season and also play WAFLW in off season

still beleive that womens and mens seasons should be at same time. Just play the women as a pregame to the mens games perhaps/ like in the old days when you watched WAFL you coudl see the Colts. Reserves . then seniors play.

yes , they really need to look at getting more games into all the girls

Play AFLW during the season and also play WAFLW in off season

still beleive that womens and mens seasons should be at same time. Just play the women as a pregame to the mens games perhaps/ like in the old days when you watched WAFL you coudl see the Colts. Reserves . then seniors play.
The WAFLW seems less than interested in the players next level up. I know the AFLW goes a bit autocratic and arbitrary with the comp, but maybe at least schedule some sort of games (carnival stylee?) that provide a place to get/keep/build form.

GET ON THE BUDDY DRAFT!!

Fremantle’s AFLW team will return for their second official pre-season hit out, with a practice match against Collingwood at Fremantle Oval on Saturday 17 August at 10am WST.

This comes after Fremantle’s outstanding 56-point victory (71–15) over the West Coast Eagles in last Friday night’s official match simulation.

THE LIVESTREAM WILL APPEAR HERE IN THIS ARTICLE AT 9.45am ON SATURDAY 17 AUGUST

Fremantle’s AFLW team will return for their second official pre-season hit out, with a practice match against Collingwood at Fremantle Oval on Saturday 17 August at 10am WST.

This comes after Fremantle’s outstanding 56-point victory (71–15) over the West Coast Eagles in last Friday night’s official match simulation.

THE LIVESTREAM WILL APPEAR HERE IN THIS ARTICLE AT 9.45am ON SATURDAY 17 AUGUST

Wish they had HD cameras and commentators but better than nothing

great question, should have played WAFLW to improve her game

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back