Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Only watched the last half and with our recent injuries/suspensions, even without knowing the quality of the opposition I wasn't expecting much.

A couple of classic defensive efforts in the last quarter. Low with the chase and lunging tackle and Brazill charging out and handling the loose ball with aplomb.

Last edited:

Only watched the last1/4, but is was a gutsy win. As has been said previously, some awesome defence in the last quarter.
I am super impressed with Mim Strom. He ruck work has improved immensely.
Had a giggle with the last goal, started with a great clearance I think from Drizzy, then a hand ball to a runner. She tried, I think to bounce the ball, it didn't come back up to her. But she preservered and finally soccered the sealer.
A big two games to come. Hopefully a win at Alphabet park on Tuesday.Three games in ten days, a massive trial for the girls.
Well played girl

The game was on one of the TVs at the Bowlo. So was cheering on Freo.

But seriously if people thought Ross Lyon sides were boring this game has doubled it.

I can only assume the AFL has expanded the women's game too soon.

The standard and quality isn't there for 18 teams.

Yes they had to start somewhere but this has expanded too quick for the talent the sport has.

Had a giggle with the last goal, started with a great clearance I think from Drizzy, then a hand ball to a runner. She tried, I think to bounce the ball, it didn't come back up to her. But she preservered and finally soccered the sealer.

I think Biedenweg-Webster initially tried to bounce it before she controlled it after she first grabbed it when she ran onto it and bounced it onto her foot with her momentum running forward so it ran away from her and she just caught in the goalsquare to soccer it through.

It was a long kick by Miller on the wing who kicked it inside 50m and Biendweg-Webster ran from outside the arc to get to it and Kikoak gave her a shepherd, but I think it might have been the same play that began with Brazill charging out of defence and sizing up a handball over the crowd of players in front of her that set us away.

Last edited:
The game was on one of the TVs at the Bowlo. So was cheering on Freo.

But seriously if people thought Ross Lyon sides were boring this game has doubled it.

I can only assume the AFL has expanded the women's game too soon.

The standard and quality isn't there for 18 teams.

Yes they had to start somewhere but this has expanded too quick for the talent the sport has.
The quality has actually improved, there were a lot more games like today back then.

Question as I’ve lost track a bit. 4 wins - 3 away. How many losses other than to Adelaide at home? Is that it?

Just the one loss, to the Crows. There have been 5 games so far.

Remaining games are Cats (away), Hawks (home), Blues (home), Eagles (away), Giants (away) and Dogs (home)

Should be confident in all those remaining games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back