Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’am going in with low expectations and hoping to be surprised.. if it’s half as good as Andor I’ll be rapt..
Game Show Celebrity GIF by ABC Network

That's part of the reason I have little faith in this. It's a continuation of a story myself and plenty of other Star Wars fans haven't seen. Hopefully they use Anakin effectively in flashbacks to flesh out Ahsoka's past and frame the events without expecting people to have watched Rebels. I watched season 1, which puts me ahead of plenty of Star Wars fans that likely haven't.

The other reason is obvious decline in quality from Favreau and Filoni. Mandalorian season 3 was worse than 2, which was worse than 1. Book of Boba Fett was poor. Obi-Wan had its moments but clearly could have been better. The shows seem to be shedding viewers, my prediction is if Ahsoka doesn't stick the beginning and bring people up to speed immediately in a way that is entertaining, they will shed more, and Filoni's promised movie will become a Disney+ special.

Of course it's live action Star Wars, I'll watch it. But I do hope for a turnaround in TV quality. Andor is the gold standard, I have higher hopes for The Acolyte. Skeleton Crew could be anything at this point.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Haven't watched and don't care much for the animated series, I just want something good and if it relies on a close watch of Rebels or Clone Wars to get maximum enjoyment then it's not a good show, period.

The best series stand on their own - even Andor which of course is based on Rogue One is by itself a terrific adult-oriented thriller/drama that just happens to be set in the Star Wars universe. I hope Ahsoka does the same - but not holding out hope.

Yep. I loved it. Slightly darker/sombre tone than I was expecting. Blended the past into a new story pretty well IMO.

Casting and acting spot on. Ray Stevenson has amazing presence. Great that they are keeping their background a mystery.

David Tennant is a crack up.

Also nice to see Clancy Brown reprise one of his roles from Rebels as well :)

Score - amazing.

For those who don't want to wait until tonight, this is floating around the place.

It's out every week at 11am on Disney+ for those that have it.

Last edited:
Yep. I loved it. Slightly darker/sombre tone than I was expecting. Blended the past into a new story pretty well IMO.

Casting and acting spot on. Ray Stevenson has amazing presence. Great that they are keeping their background a mystery.

Ah so releasing same time as the US, nice, I figured they wouldn't release it here until night time. Won't bother with the high seas now then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was enjoyable, interested to see where we go from here.

I probably don’t really enjoy Hera’s casting though, doesn’t feel much like Hera to me and the green make up looks like green make up.

Lightsabers only inflict mere flesh wounds in new SW media, which is less than ideal.

Loved Ahsoka’s droid and seeing the mural in live action media.

Very enjoyable. Ray Stevenson is so imposing. Shame we won't be seeing more of him after this.

The two Jedi are definitely the highlight. Ray Stevenson is awesome and his apprentice is kind of funny looking but also does a great job.

Really enjoyed this. The lightsaber fight was excellent. Almost prequels level.

The two Jedi are definitely the highlight. Ray Stevenson is awesome and his apprentice is kind of funny looking but also does a great job.

Really enjoyed this. The lightsaber fight was excellent. Almost prequels level.

would still bang though

I probably don’t really enjoy Hera’s casting though, doesn’t feel much like Hera to me and the green make up looks like green make up.
In Rebels, Hera was a very shapely, sexy woman, and yet her live-action appearance, not so much. While Sabine was boyish in Rebels (IIRC). While in Ashoka she's very shapely. Very attractive. I guess Sabine was a girl in the animation and now she's a woman.

There were times I thought that Ashoka looked like her skin color was makeup too.

Ray Stevenson's character and his apprentice are not Jedi. Baylan Skoll was a Jedi but he's not now. He has gone to the dark side. They are Inquisitors.

Decided to jump into this while looking at other Disney content.

(in Gary Ayres voice) Ive watched your Mandos and your Fetts and your Andors but never had much time for your Rebels or Clones

I need to get my head around the timeline and work out who is and isnt

Saying that I did enjoy it with a few technical niggles that dont detract (mostly) from what looks to be a good series

I thought the fight sequences ( ironically ) too choreographed and some of the interaction felt stilted as if they were delivering lines and not listening to the other actor - minor thing which should improve

Really enjoyed that. Was much better than I expected and it hopefully it continues.

Lightsabers into the upper body don’t seem to be of much consequence anymore haha, between this and Reva during Obi-Wan. If only Qui-Gon was that lucky :D

Score - amazing.

Clancy Brown has had such a distinguished career however when I first saw him pop up I immediately think of Shawshank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back