Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaders. Therein lies the rub.

Who's our 2013 Gawn or Viney? Who's our Nathan Jones? Or Daniel Rich or Tom Rockliff?

Who is setting the standard from here? As for Gawn and Viney for us it's LDU, Larkey or Simpkin. Who do you trust? Simpkin is the co-captain now. LDU is the best player, Larkey the highest profile. Leadership is only evident those immersed in it, so I can't say, but from the outside I'd say plant your flag in the ground now. LDU it's you. Unfortunately, you don't have the Rich or Jones to support you. LMac, I love your club history and passion for us. But you aren't playing in our 2031 assault and you aren't good enough for this assignment. You need to step aside.

Luke Parker and Jack Darling. You will never be NMFC premiership players. But if you bring the professionalism and leadership like Luke Hodge, Grant Birchall and Jordan Lewis did you will have a place in our history. Sadly, like Lewis, Hodge and Birchall it will go largely unacknowledged. IF it ever gets rewarded.
I think Simpkin needs removing ... politely of course. LDU will gain heaps from Parker, and may grow into the leadership, but I don't think that that is his way. Sheezel is the man, imo. Maybe not right now, but quite soon. Xerri is his deputy - this guy is our gunslinger - to pinch something from the NRL. A shared VC with LDU methinks. Does Larkey have the highest profile? Maybe, but I reckon HS does more so. Larkey on the group for sure, but not the main man. LMac should be nowhere near it, imo.
So who's in at the coin toss 2025? Maybe the winner of kangalotto each week :cool:

As I always say, people can take it or leave it.

Ironically, the bolded italic is exactly what I’ve heard from multiple different people that isn’t taking place. In fact it’s a reason why someone involved in our program has parted ways with the club already this off-season. Interestingly there’s been no announcement about it though.
Interested to know who left? Can you share?

As I always say, people can take it or leave it.

Ironically, the bolded italic is exactly what I’ve heard from multiple different people that isn’t taking place. In fact it’s a reason why someone involved in our program has parted ways with the club already this off-season. Interestingly there’s been no announcement about it though.
Who has parted ways with the club over this? There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to say.

Sonja at the breakfast...

"The leader of the opposition and I have both gone for a different approach, binding our respective futures to a powerful yet volatile energy source. For Mr Dutton, it's nuclear fission; for me, it's Alastair Clarkson. Let's hope yours is less explosive than mine has been."

Literally champagne comedy from the president. 🍾🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y. And green chili olives if available.
The lady selling Bánh mì outside the Love Cafe in the Old Quarter of Hanoi only had red chillies and definitely no olives. She was very confused by me asking for the bun without pâté. But what I can say is that the bread was WAY better than any bread rolls I've ever had in Australia. There was a guy who'd be selling the bread to the Bánh mì stalls. I'd buy a couple of buns from him just to snack on for morning tea. They were delicious.

The lady selling Bánh mì outside the Love Cafe in the Old Quarter of Hanoi only had red chillies and definitely no olives. She was very confused by me asking for the bun without pâté. But what I can say is that the bread was WAY better than any bread rolls I've ever had in Australia. There was a guy who'd be selling the bread to the Bánh mì stalls. I'd buy a couple of buns from him just to snack on for morning tea. They were delicious.
I’ve had green olives with chillies in Vietnam, but agree they aren’t a given. The chicken liver pate is a must in my book. That being said, the pate and mayo are the biggest food poisoning risks.
Almost the perfect sandwich, which when coupled with pho as the almost perfect noodle soup is a credit to Vietnamese cuisine. Although the French colonial influence can be problematic in Northcote…

I’ve had green olives with chillies in Vietnam, but agree they aren’t a given. The chicken liver pate is a must in my book. That being said, the pate and mayo are the biggest food poisoning risks.
Almost the perfect sandwich, which when coupled with pho as the almost perfect noodle soup is a credit to Vietnamese cuisine. Although the French colonial influence can be problematic in Northcote…
Everywhere in the north, old folks would greet us by saying "Bonjour Frenchie". They were genuinely surprised to discover that we were not French.

Froggies taught em how to bake bread.

Froggies taught em how to bake bread.
And cakes. And coffee. Especially coffee.

I know this is the Clarko thread and we're deviating from Parmas, Dimmies and Pork, but it was amazing to be in some quite rough town and spot a cake shop with really elaborately decorated cakes and pastries.

I never had a bad coffee. Even the coffee made with the little aluminium dripper and a layer of condensed milk was good. But in Hanoi especially, the coffee in cafes was really decent (but even with dirt floors and hello kitty plastic stools, it was not cheap). I reckon a cup of coffee was more than the price of a basic meal like spring rolls or sate chicken.

I think I recall seeing/reading somewhere there’s an additional steaming type process during baking for an authentic bun?

Whose in charge on controlling this bloke in 2025?

My way or the highway. Out of control.

That’s the narrative I’ve heard again today.

Is your throurthe saying he runs it like the Russian Mafia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back