Recommitted Alex Witherden

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't get a game for WC now that we have some players back.

His kicking has been ordinary at best and has no physical presence.

Huge chance he gets delisted IMO.

I thought it was an odd decision at the time to trade Alex but not anymore although I haven't alot of WCE but when I have he's looked pretty ordinary. I hate saying that North would accept anyone, but he is a mature player that may be happy to get home and it could work out for both parties.

I thought it was an odd decision at the time to trade Alex but not anymore although I haven't alot of WCE but when I have he's looked pretty ordinary. I hate saying that North would accept anyone, but he is a mature player that may be happy to get home and it could work out for both parties.
He would literally be perfect to replace Aaron Hall's role

Witherden is a terrible terrible player, too many cheapies and too many risky 45's into the corridor

Main issue is that he's not a good defender. Pretty poor 1v1 and treacle slow.
Kicking is good but not great - When you're so deficient in other areas, you need an absolute killer party trick. He just doesn't have it.

Not sure if it's changed at West Coast, but while his kicking was good, his decision making was lackadaisical and slow at times which takes away from his kicking skill.

Not sure if it's changed at West Coast, but while his kicking was good, his decision making was lackadaisical and slow at times which takes away from his kicking skill.
Big_Bang_Gifs_2.gif

nothings-changed-nicola-foti.gif

Main issue is that he's not a good defender. Pretty poor 1v1 and treacle slow.
Kicking is good but not great - When you're so deficient in other areas, you need an absolute killer party trick. He just doesn't have it.
Considering Westcoast haven’t had to pay him and got him for nothing he’s basically been a free hit for the Eagles

Would love another team to be interested.

In his defense he can find plenty of the ball and lets be honest, playing defense early in the season at the Eagles was not a great place to show your best football. It was a slaughter house.
Having watched a few games I reckon half of them were playing on from kick ins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In his defense he can find plenty of the ball and lets be honest, playing defense early in the season at the Eagles was not a great place to show your best football. It was a slaughter house.
No one will be interested. I’m amazed you guys recruited him.

Strange one as he racks it up and in terms of skills certainly isn't the worst kick, but is awful defensively and makes awful decisions under pressure. I wonder if he's been tried elsewhere on the ground.

West Coast would be one of the teams with a need for a player of his type so if he can't work there it's difficult to see where he would work. They should sign him on for a year and alter his role, maybe trying him in a Jones/SPS type role off half back rolling up

He's a good dream team player, but not damaging at all. Starcevich and co flew past him in the Brisbane pecking order

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Alex Witherden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back