Streaming ALIEN: EARTH

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

aliens-1986-gif.gif

Alien: Earth' series for FX — everything we know so far​

The "Alien" TV show is the first story that will be set on Earth, around 70 years in the future from where we are now. That makes it close to 2100, so we can expect to see some big changes to civilization and how it operates. What makes this so unique is that we haven’t seen this before in the franchise, so it would be interesting to watch how the Xenomorph reacts in that type of environment.

According to Deadline’s report as of April 19, the upcoming show takes place 30 years before the first "Alien" movie and deals with "the emergence of the story’s infamous Weyland-Yutani Corporation and the race between corporations to create new android life."

Last edited:
c63a1f5de2ed2a33557fecfe7f08b197d4c16846.gif

Alien’s Cast

Alien the series stars Sydney Chandler as a series lead, Alex Lawther as a soldier named CJ, and Samuel Blenkin as the mysterious CEO Boy Kavalier. Essie Davis is Dame Silvia, Adarsh Gourav as Slightly, and Kit Young as Tootles. Additionally, Timothy Olyphant has reportedlyOpens in a new tab joined the cast as “Kirsh, a synth who acts as a mentor and trainer for Chandler’s Wendy, who is a hybrid, a meta-human who has the brain and consciousness of a child but the body of an adult.” Fargo‘s David Rysdahl has also come aboard in an undisclosed role, as has The Peripheral‘s Moe Bar-El, who will have a major recurring role on the season of the Alien series. Foundation‘s Sandra Yi Sencindiver, meanwhile, will playOpens in a new tab “a senior member of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation” in multiple episodes.

Babou Ceesay, Jonathan Ajayi, Erana James, Lily Newmark, Diêm Camille, and Adrian Edmondson round out the series casting.

Given the timeline of the series, it’s all but confirmed that none of the original film’s actors will reprise their roles for the series. Sadly, that means no Sigourney Weaver this time.

Last edited:
l0MYL2SNbbztrug1y.webp

MULTIPLE SEASONS

Hawley has confirmed that FX is looking for this show to be a recurring series, not a limited series, so he has multiple seasons in mind and knows where the story is going. He told Collider, “I had an idea that I was excited about, that I could see the escalation of it from one year to another. That’s where we ended up not pitching them having a bible or pitching them blow-by-blow, but saying, ‘Big picture: this is the first movement, this is the second movement, and we’re ultimately going here.’ Obviously, they trust me after all these years, and the writing was on the page for the first year. So, in success, you tell the story and tell the story until the story is done. They’re very good at that at FX, of not wanting you to milk something that feels like it’s over.”

Last edited:

3ohzdYjwEQuR1J7dte.webp

When will Alien: Earth be released?

The show was announced in 2020. However, it took quite a lot of time to move forward with the production. Filming for the show began in Thailand on 19 April 2024 and is expected to wrap up in July.

Thus, the Alien series will premiere in 2025, as confirmed by FX chairman John Landgraf at the 2024 Television Critics Association winter press tour (via TV Guide). However, we don’t know what month it will be released yet.

Last edited:
That pitch sounds similar to the Alien Covenant Origins book from a couple years back (Alan Dean Foster’s original prequel to the Covenant novelisation). Different set of characters but similar subject (also note when this project was first announced and Ridley’s involvement). Alien: Earth just sounds like a bait title for those morons always demanding aliens on earth, when this mostly seems more a Weyland Yutani prequel corporate thriller.

Last edited:
Production of season 1 is finished.

“We just wrapped production, so now I’m into the long post that gets into visual effects,”

It’s set about the same time as Prometheus but apparently they’ve done away with any links.

It’s a bit odd putting the “Alien” in the title if it won’t feature Aliens. Suspect they will turn up in some way, shape or form.
Take it to the bank, Im sure Aliens/engineers will turn up in the s1 finale to get us hooked and wanting a s2.

Take it to the bank, Im sure Aliens/engineers will turn up in the s1 finale to get us hooked and wanting a s2.
Sounds likely.

I think Alien as a franchise is far more salvageable than Terminator but I think you run a major risk starting lots of threads and not finishing them, or trying multiple continuities.

I do wonder if despite what they’re saying they’ll tie up the Covenant threads somehow.

That’s it?

lol fmd
I know admittedly it was nothing and I almost didnt post, but I thought at least we know its going ahead as planned and Im sure in the coming months there will be better and longer teaser trailers.

i guess it was bound to be one of the next cabs off the rank in terms of extracting maximum revenue from an established ip.
not totally against it but will approach with cynicism fully engaged.
someone, somewhere is wondering how they can turn nightmare on elm street, halloween, friday 13th into series.

i always worry when i see stuff like 'story will continue until it's done'. 'stranger things' is an exception to that kind of aimless storytelling. supposed to be two seasons but continued, with a low moment here or there but successful.
i'm sure for aliens: earth they have endpoints in mind given their comments on 1st/2nd movement etc, and fill in the gaps to get there.

i probably don't sound that enthusiastic. but i'm more likely to sit in front this than i am to attempt to watch prometheus all the way through having not done so yet. hope it's worth a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not at all mind if this series was focused on the hyper-capitalist politics and plays for power somewhere within the Weyland-Yutani corporate structure. Space Succession? Think of Burke from Aliens, then imagine all the people that he must have screwed over to get his job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming ALIEN: EARTH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back