Movie Alien: Romulus - No Spoilers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

------------------------

It's seen at 6:46 in the above trailer.

Isolation is considered canon :thumbsu:

In fact, this film seems to be more of a love letter to the game rather than the original if the set designs are any to go by! Even though the game was a love letter to the original, it had it's own cool ship sets and it seems this movie copies that much more

------------------------

It's seen at 6:46 in the above trailer.

Isolation is considered canon :thumbsu:

In fact, this film seems to be more of a love letter to the game rather than the original if the set designs are any to go by! Even though the game was a love letter to the original, it had it's own cool ship sets and it seems this movie copies that much more

Love that freaking game.

Went to an advance screening tonight and quite enjoyed it!

The young lead actress was also very good and hope she gets more roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it and liked it enough. I didn't think it was close to the original two, but never expected it to be.

Andy might be in my top tier of Alien universe characters though. I didn't have any big issues, maybe just the characters outside of Andy didn't do a whole lot for me.

Seeing it again Saturday because the girlfriend suddenly wants to see it.

Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. A clear 3rd best in the franchise, behind only the original two films.

Really enjoyed the nods to Alien: Isolation.

The final 30 minutes are some of the most intense scenes I've seen in a movie in ages. Genuine edge of your seat stuff.

Incredible cinematography and sound design.

My only two complaints:
  • Most of the characters aren't well fleshed out (though on the flip side, they're grounded and feel realistic)
  • One instance of CGI doesn't quite come off, but I can overlook it

Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. A clear 3rd best in the franchise, behind only the original two films.

Really enjoyed the nods to Alien: Isolation.

The final 30 minutes are some of the most intense scenes I've seen in a movie in ages. Genuine edge of your seat stuff.

Incredible cinematography and sound design.

My only two complaints:
  • Most of the characters aren't well fleshed out (though on the flip side, they're grounded and feel realistic)
  • One instance of CGI doesn't quite come off, but I can overlook it

Tend to agree, other than Andy I didn't feel much for any of them. The acting was perfectly fine though.

I really enjoyed it. Rain and Andy were a solid main pairing, there were some creative set pieces and it moved at an appropriate pace. Visually stunning (for the most part). Probably the best sequel since the original two films.

If I had one criticism, it would be...

Enough of the black goo. I've read some of the comics/graphic novels where it is central to the plot, and it just detracts too much from the Xenomorphs themselves. Whenever I see it on screen I'm just reminded too much of the previous disappointing films.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie Alien: Romulus - No Spoilers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back