Backfire alistair clarkson " we believe we can get 3 premierships out of this group"

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong set a goal after 2007 to win more premierships every 15 years than every other club starting from 2005-2019 , well Geelong despite all the lucky advantages Hawthorn have had and the cheating they have done , will still win more flags in this time than Hawthorn .

The geelong football club is the best club in the afl , we will respond and win 2 more premiership by 2019.

Geelong probably wont exist in 10 years

Once Ford leaves you are ****ed royally...I mean you cant even reach 45000 members in your greatest era nor fill your tinpot shitbox for games

Grandfinal win: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0..........................................................................tick
Finals wins: Hawthorn 3 Geelong 1..............................................................................tick
Back2Back Premiers: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0...................................................................tick
Former Geelong Premiership captain stating Hawthorn is the superior FC on national TV........tick
Geelong now rivaling Carlton as having the worst young talent in the league........................tick

Best thread ever
Thank you :)

Needs a new update

Dynasty premierships: Hawthorn 4 Geelong 3................................................................tick.
Grandfinal wins: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0........................................................................tick.
Final wins: Hawthorn 3 Geelong 1.................................................................................tick
Back2Back Premiers: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0...................................................................tick.
Threepete premiers: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0....................................................................tick.
Number of former Geelong captains stating Hawthorn is a superior FC. 2- Ling and Harley.....tick.
Geelong now rivaling Carlton as having the worst young talent in the league.........................tick.

Still the best thread ever. :)

Needs a new update

Dynasty premierships: Hawthorn 4 Geelong 3................................................................tick.
Grandfinal wins: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0........................................................................tick.
Final wins: Hawthorn 3 Geelong 1.................................................................................tick
Back2Back Premiers: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0...................................................................tick.
Threepete premiers: Hawthorn 1 Geelong 0....................................................................tick.
Number of former Geelong captains stating Hawthorn is a superior FC. 2- Ling and Harley.....tick.
Geelong now rivaling Carlton as having the worst young talent in the league.........................tick.

Still the best thread ever. :)

Serious question, what youf have the hawks got when their stars retire in the next few years ? as in who is good enough to replace your current crop that will be just as good because, in all seriousness I see a few decent players who will make the AFL grade...but wont be guns like a hodge, mitchell, lewis and Shoenmakers ? Unless your hoping to draft them in a few years....

Serious question, what youf have the hawks got when their stars retire in the next few years ? as in who is good enough to replace your current crop that will be just as good because, in all seriousness I see a few decent players who will make the AFL grade...but wont be guns like a hodge, mitchell, lewis and Shoenmakers ? Unless your hoping to draft them in a few years....

Alex Woodward won the 2014 JJ Liston trophy (B&F) and Sam Grimley has won the past 2 Frosty Miller (goalkicking) awards. Plus a bunch of decent premiership players stuck in the VFL like Spangher, Langford and Simpkin.

Besides Lewis is 29 and Schoenmakers is 24. So you'd expect 3/4 and 6/7 seasons from those players respectively.

Alex Woodward won the 2014 JJ Liston trophy (B&F) and Sam Grimley has won the past 2 Frosty Miller (goalkicking) awards. Plus a bunch of decent premiership players stuck in the VFL like Spangher, Langford and Simpkin.

Besides Lewis is 29 and Schoenmakers is 24. So you'd expect 3/4 and 6/7 seasons from those players respectively.
Shhhhhhhh.

Concerning.

we'll top up with players through free agency and trades who are looking for success. What's that young bloke at Carlton's name? The only decent player there? He's on our radar.

Brett Thornton. You guys cant seem to develop KPD at all and KPF. Shoenmakers is the only success story (LOL at that one as well)

Wait, ill give you Roughhead as he is my favourite ginger and hawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we'll top up with players through free agency and trades who are looking for success. What's that young bloke at Carlton's name? The only decent player there? He's on our radar.
Cripps. He can't kick so we won't want him

Brett Thornton. You guys cant seem to develop KPD at all and KPF. Shoenmakers is the only success story (LOL at that one as well)

Wait, ill give you Roughhead as he is my favourite ginger and hawk.
who needs to develop them when the discarded trash we acquire from mediocre clubs seem to magically rediscover their long lost talents?

maybe it's our premiership winning culture.

who needs to develop them when the discarded trash we acquire from mediocre clubs seem to magically rediscover their long lost talents?

maybe it's our premiership winning culture.

And that will last forever wont it :rolleyes:

Sigh I didn't really want to tango about this today.

But how about this, for a long while now hawforn have traded heavily for ready made kpd for the most part. Recruiting Lance and Jordan who naturally in their own right would be superstars, so there wasn't much you needed to really develop with them - like fevola in terms of talent.

When they move on and your lack of youf is concerning, besides Shoenmakers (doing something right now seemingly) who else have you recruited and invested time and energy into for kpd ? I mean, you wont stick around at the top forever and no body is lining up to join us and whatnot. Sure players will seek to move to success first and foremost, but the point I am trying to make is, when the eventual slide will occur your lack of commitment to development will cost you, as from my perspective (and I am known to completely wrong on occasion) its kinda showing a lack of respect/pride and offers zero chance of youngsters being recruited in and develop, instead they know that you will just go out and poach a player instead. Not faulting that we did it magnificently for a long long time. So begs the question where a lot of your pokie cash is going ;) jokes.

But how about this, for a long while now hawforn have traded heavily for ready made kpd for the most part. Recruiting Lance and Jordan who naturally in their own right would be superstars, so there wasn't much you needed to really develop with them - like fevola in terms of talent.

When they move on and your lack of youf is concerning, besides Shoenmakers (doing something right now seemingly) who else have you recruited and invested time and energy into for kpd ? I mean, you wont stick around at the top forever and no body is lining up to join us and whatnot. Sure players will seek to move to success first and foremost, but the point I am trying to make is, when the eventual slide will occur your lack of commitment to development will cost you, as from my perspective (and I am known to completely wrong on occasion) its kinda showing a lack of respect/pride and offers zero chance of youngsters being recruited in and develop, instead they know that you will just go out and poach a player instead. Not faulting that we did it magnificently for a long long time. So begs the question where a lot of your pokie cash is going ;) jokes.

Well its lasted 6 decades bro...

1961, (1963)
1971, (1975), 1976, 1978
1983, (1984), (1985), 1986, (1987), 1988, 1989
(2012), 2013, 2014, 2015

Please name me any other club that has won one flag per decade, boasts a 52-31 record on finals...and has backed up with a flag after a GF loss in every season since 1963 (where we were dudded by a freak Hassa Mann goal)

In fact Hawthorn has won 7 of 8 GFs since 1987 and has backed up GF losses with b2b (88-89 after 87) and b2b2b (13-15 after 12)

The next time we lose a GF (we are 13-6 in GFs) we will probably fourpeat (b2b2b2b)

Its the Fourthorn way

back in 2010 on the couch alistair clarkson quoted saying that he thinks this hawthorn side should go on to gain 3 premierships

right now its fair to say we can conclude that clarkson and the hawthorn football club have than officially failed

they have failed to win more than 1 premiership, they blew their last chance last year against sydney in an embarrasing loss

they have thrown away too many top draft picks in a desperate attempt to top up with C graders such as hale to fill holes which got them no where

their old aging list that relies countlessly on mitchel sewel gibson hodge( who is already breaking down) burgoyne to carry them in the midfield and defense, as soon as mitchel starts to decline which shouldnt be long if not this year, gibson drops off, sewell slides a bit, their side is simply finished, they have no up and coming qulity young kids at all to step up, this football club will drop very quickly down the ladder back into the bottom 4

so we all know what the reality is, that this hawthorn team is finished, they are finished with their coach admitting that himself and his club have failed

alistair clarkson-" we believe we can win 3 premierships with this group" FAIL
jeff kennett- " geelong is too mentally weak to beat hawthorn when it counts" geelong wins 9 in a row including a final FAIL
hawthorn football club- only managed one premiership from a supposed 3- FAIL

is there anything this club does besides make themselves look like gooses and fail?
What a liar already has 4 with another on the way.

Well its lasted 6 decades bro...

1961, (1963)
1971, (1975), 1976, 1978
1983, (1984), (1985), 1986, (1987), 1988, 1989
(2012), 2013, 2014, 2015

Please name me any other club that has won one flag per decade, boasts a 52-31 record on finals...and has backed up with a flag after a GF loss in every season since 1963 (where we were dudded by a freak Hassa Mann goal)

In fact Hawthorn has won 7 of 8 GFs since 1987 and has backed up GF losses with b2b (88-89 after 87) and b2b2b (13-15 after 12)

The next time we lose a GF (we are 13-6 in GFs) we will probably fourpeat (b2b2b2b)

Its the Fourthorn way

About 1/10th of those stats above was more than enough. You dont think I dont crunch the numbers myself to find a troll within ? The fact is and this is because of who I follow and our history, whilst I applaud your achievement, its not wowing me ok, i am not moist over it. That mighty top 4 spoon placing you are at kinda detracts a bit. Like a good player that destroys every team but has a habit of kneeing people, or going the elbows.

But yeah back on topic whilst you - like every other club - will have their ups and slide back downs, and whilst Geelong have recruited youf and are developing them will race back up faster than you mob who have kinda ignored it.

when Franklin moved on we got better and won more premierships :drunk:

our youf is concerning yet our ressies have played in the past three VFL grand finals :drunk:

there's blokes running around Box Hill who are primed and ready to go once the old boys move on. Blokes who no doubt could feature prominently in shit teams like Carltank and the other lessors. Clarko's a fan of long apprenticeships. It makes them hungry and makes them appreciate it when finally given the chance. I'm not saying Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell et al are replaceable, but Hawforn's style revolves around playing your role. If the blokes we bring in do that we'll keep winning flags, 'cause our coach shits over everyone else :)

Fair point. Not everyone in your VFL list is a hawthorn contracted player really are they ? anyway yes I kinda forgot about that but no names are bashing down the door are they to play KPD/F ? Also, did you not pick up Gunston in 2012 and lost franklin in 13. Nice recruiting to replace him....The fact he CAN take an overhead contested mark (as Lance really couldnt back then) and Roughhead getting much more play that is why your forward is performing better. I liken lance to fev in a way that you were to lance conscience we were to fev conscience. Remove the element and you do better, hell we even did remarkably better without fev.

Are we done now?

Last edited:

when Franklin moved on we got better and won more premierships :drunk:

our youf is concerning yet our ressies have played in the past three VFL grand finals :drunk:

there's blokes running around Box Hill who are primed and ready to go once the old boys move on. Blokes who no doubt could feature prominently in shit teams like Carltank and the other lessors. Clarko's a fan of long apprenticeships. It makes them hungry and makes them appreciate it when finally given the chance. I'm not saying Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell et al are replaceable, but Hawforn's style revolves around playing your role. If the blokes we bring in do that we'll keep winning flags, 'cause our coach shits over everyone else :)

back in 2010 on the couch alistair clarkson quoted saying that he thinks this hawthorn side should go on to gain 3 premierships

right now its fair to say we can conclude that clarkson and the hawthorn football club have than officially failed

they have failed to win more than 1 premiership, they blew their last chance last year against sydney in an embarrasing loss

they have thrown away too many top draft picks in a desperate attempt to top up with C graders such as hale to fill holes which got them no where

their old aging list that relies countlessly on mitchel sewel gibson hodge( who is already breaking down) burgoyne to carry them in the midfield and defense, as soon as mitchel starts to decline which shouldnt be long if not this year, gibson drops off, sewell slides a bit, their side is simply finished, they have no up and coming qulity young kids at all to step up, this football club will drop very quickly down the ladder back into the bottom 4

so we all know what the reality is, that this hawthorn team is finished, they are finished with their coach admitting that himself and his club have failed

alistair clarkson-" we believe we can win 3 premierships with this group" FAIL
jeff kennett- " geelong is too mentally weak to beat hawthorn when it counts" geelong wins 9 in a row including a final FAIL
hawthorn football club- only managed one premiership from a supposed 3- FAIL

is there anything this club does besides make themselves look like gooses and fail?

mitchel is 30 sewell is 29 hodge is 29, mitchel and sewel had career best years in 2012 and wont replicate that this year, are both very likely to drop off at least 5% this season if not more, hodge is basically a wreck now which will take its toll on your club sooner or later, you cant cover him forever

your youth is actually one of the worst in the AFL, you have no up and coming A graders, the only one even close to being called a future A grader and i dont believe he will, most probably end up a B grade flanker at best is bruest, its very much just a bunch of C grade work horse like kids after that, none that have much talent or flare at all

shoenmakers- embarrasing and not up to AFL standard
savage- C grader, will never be close to AA standard, is hardly even young anymore at age 22
whitecross- possibly B grade for a year or two in his peak at 27-28, nothing more
smith- is 24 and not a youngster but hawthorn consider him this for whatever reason so i will add him, is quick but lanky and weak, not a lot of polish or class, i believe he isnt far off being his best from what we saw in 2012, wont improve much more
grimley... might not even make AFL full stop, shiels is a workhorse, tries hard but lacks skill, gunston is too light and frail to ever be an elite key forward

boumann isnt up to AFL standard just like shoenmakers

that is a very honest assesment of your young kids and rightfully so, you have tossed away high draft picks and in return thats what you get, a bunch of average to moderate future players at best

it wont be long until your slip back down to the bottom four begins

and in terms of who clubs would rather go to its simple, geelong kept toghether the greatest AFL side of all time paying them 50-200 thousand dollars a year less only loosing one player from it of a team full of champions

players dont jump to come to hawthorn, hawthorn throw their first round draft picks at other clubs for average players and the other clubs turn around laughing and take it with a grin

hodge is close to turning 29, he is already breaking down anyway he wont last much longer

the let them develop in the VFL theory only exists if you are a champion team with no spots up for grab, the reality is your team is far from being a champion side, you have a lot of average players in your best 22 and even some that are hardly AFL standard like shoenmakers

geelong are the only club which can say this having a triple premiership side

im not talking about the average age of your list, im talking about the state of your team and the reality, the players you rely heavily on to stay at the top are mitchel burgoyne hale sewel gibson, if any of these start to drop off the slightest your going to be in a lot of trouble, given they are all 29 abouts in mitchels case 30 years and 6 months, you are going to be in a lot of trouble soon, you have absolutely useless young kids coming through, like i said earlier they are workhorse at best i would not consider them talented at all

your future is looking very average

as soon as mitchel burgoyne sewel hale burgoyne start to slow down its basically goodnight hawthorn

geelong have a lot of quality youth coming through, smedts christensen duncan caddy motlop menzel vardy horlin smith guthrie, all of which have the potential to be A grade players and at worst B grade

geelong is going to be a force for 3-5 more years, hawthorn is soon to be in a lot of trouble with its lack of youth and heavy reliance on old senior players on the decline

i reffered to Hale with that directly nobody else

you traded a lot of first round picks in a desperate attempt to win a flag, you gave overs and recieved well unders because you thought it was the missing piece in a puzzle... that didnt win you any flags, fail again regardless of how good or bad they are anyway, you compromised your future heavily for no premierships

and yes the competition actually was quite weak, i would say it hadnt been that weak since 2007, this is a horrible sign for your club, you had absolutely everything imaginable going right last year, you had all your A list players having career best seasons if not close to it, this will be very unlikely to happen again this year given sewel hodge mitchels age starting to become a bit of a ticking clock, be very suprised if any of them can replicate close to their best or what they did in 2012, hodge like i said is pretty much done anyway and this will catch up and take its toll on the club soon

geelong had a down year with a poor pre season, collingwood had off field problems and distractions, west coast had rediculous injury woes, the competition was very weak at the top, everyone else fell over or had problems, you ended up playing probably the 4th 5th best team in reality and you still lost

there is absolutely no hope this year you will win it, others will improve too much for you to still compete, its the end of the hawthorn team for certain

Hopefully you don't fail this much in life. I like how the Hawks just put to bed the argument about Geelong vs Hawthorn for recent dominance. We went back to back and you guys could never do that. We went three peat and you guys will never do that. Hows that feel?

Hopefully you don't fail this much in life. I like how the Hawks just put to bed the argument about Geelong vs Hawthorn for recent dominance. We went back to back and you guys could never do that. We went three peat and you guys will never do that. Hows that feel?
3-peat isn't so great.
Hell Geelong - who you hawfs flogs tell us are one of the worst premiership teams recently - were only a few kicks away from accomplishing that little achievement so how hard can it really be anyway..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Backfire alistair clarkson " we believe we can get 3 premierships out of this group"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back