All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it’s just me but what is the point of u15 and u14 inter league games? Seems like a giant waste of money
You clearly don’t know the process that’s been in place with these teams for 40 odd years.
They play under 14/15 Rep games, to see the players who could then be ready for Coates league under 16 squads and then under 18 squads.
So yes it is you, and trust me the NFNL don’t exactly spend big money on them and most of what they do spend goes to Fast Footy and businesses alike.

Maybe it’s just me but what is the point of u15 and u14 inter league games? Seems like a giant waste of money

starts with who's in charge what types of coaches or support staff are appointed what kids attributes are invited (not club nominated) to try out once independent people have had a few looks. is it win loss is it development is it promoting players who might become attractive to other programs or is about junior committee folk and or club coaches kids and their mates getting some new gear to parade around in. maybe its just a nfl thing that to you seems a waste of money but other leagues and regions run it completely different so maybe after a few down years results wise the nfl clubs need to perhaps ask questions about it.

starts with who's in charge what types of coaches or support staff are appointed what kids attributes are invited (not club nominated) to try out once independent people have had a few looks. is it win loss is it development is it promoting players who might become attractive to other programs or is about junior committee folk and or club coaches kids and their mates getting some new gear to parade around in. maybe its just a nfl thing that to you seems a waste of money but other leagues and regions run it completely different so maybe after a few down years results wise the nfl clubs need to perhaps ask questions about it.
Agree 100%. From what I’m hearing, most clubs are unhappy with the entire Rep Program process, run by LeGassick who owns Fast Footy Tracker. Club coaches, zero integrity, zero real proper development you would think it would need a complete overhaul and new Un conflicted people running it because all it is at the moment is a rort for LeGassick and his little club coach soldiers who kiss his arse because they think they will move onto a gig at the Knights.

Agree 100%. From what I’m hearing, most clubs are unhappy with the entire Rep Program process, run by LeGassick who owns Fast Footy Tracker. Club coaches, zero integrity, zero real proper development you would think it would need a complete overhaul and new Un conflicted people running it because all it is at the moment is a rort for LeGassick and his little club coach soldiers who kiss his arse because they think they will move onto a gig at the Knights.

in most leagues the clubs have more pull than they realise as it is there league fees paying the wages so if things are as unhappy as you suggest perhaps said clubs need to show some balls and demand better for the fees families are paying

in most leagues the clubs have more pull than they realise as it is there league fees paying the wages so if things are as unhappy as you suggest perhaps said clubs need to show some balls and demand better for the fees families are paying
You seem to have a belief the the NFNL actually listens to the Clubs😂😂😂. They do as they like, make up the rules to suit themselves.
Tell me how the teams I watched today both girls and boys ended up with only 4-5 players on the bench??
How does a League play short in a Rep game?? Do we not have more boys and girls that could have played???
Looking at the results today tells us where the NFNL is at. I don’t think one team got within 7-8 goals of the YJFL. 14 A team got absolutely slaughtered, if LeGassick is involved next year, nothing will change other than the Club coaches who want to give their kids a leg up.
We don’t even allow these coaches to actually pick the best kids!!
What hope do they have.

You seem to have a belief the the NFNL actually listens to the Clubs😂😂😂. They do as they like, make up the rules to suit themselves.
Tell me how the teams I watched today both girls and boys ended up with only 4-5 players on the bench??
How does a League play short in a Rep game?? Do we not have more boys and girls that could have played???
Looking at the results today tells us where the NFNL is at. I don’t think one team got within 7-8 goals of the YJFL. 14 A team got absolutely slaughtered, if LeGassick is involved next year, nothing will change other than the Club coaches who want to give their kids a leg up.
What hope do they have.
Well said

What hope do they have.
Only 4-5 on the bench? how many should they have.

How does the NFNL lose 115-0 and 100-14 in the u14 boys comp? Are the junior teams that bad?

Only 4-5 on the bench? how many should they have.

How does the NFNL lose 115-0 and 100-14 in the u14 boys comp? Are the junior teams that bad?
Seems that they are that bad. Maybe due to the fact that the sides arent picked on ability, just whos involved with someone that knows someone. That their son / daughter gets a game due to this.

Sooner the better that people start running the league that aCtually can see and know what goes on. Maybe Football Victoria need to step in again and make them accountable for decisions.

Seems that they are that bad. Maybe due to the fact that the sides arent picked on ability, just whos involved with someone that knows someone. That their son / daughter gets a game due to this.

Sooner the better that people start running the league that aCtually can see and know what goes on. Maybe Football Victoria need to step in again and make them accountable for decisions.
Someone can’t be right if we can’t fathom a single point against another league.

I implore @benhiggins the intrepid local football reporter to actually look into this.

I don't have a dog in the fight, my kids are adults but if all this is true some proper investigative journalism is needed.

Does he have it in him or will interviewing winning coaches after a game and reading stats from the internet do for him to maintain the tag as a journo?

Maybe there is a real journo that can investigate and report. Does anyone know one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I implore @benhiggins the intrepid local football reporter to actually look into this.

I don't have a dog in the fight, my kids are adults but if all this is true some proper investigative journalism is needed.

Does he have it in him or will interviewing winning coaches after a game and reading stats from the internet do for him to maintain the tag as a journo?

Maybe there is a real journo that can investigate and report. Does anyone know one?
I don’t think Investigative is associated with journalism he does. Let’s be honest.

Something isn’t right when 3 coaches are stood down and replaced by inexperienced coaches.
Not sure if the coaches this year are the only issue as the under 15 A team also failed to win a game last year in their under 14 rep year. Might just be a real weak age group for talent in the NFNL.

Not sure if the coaches this year are the only issue as the under 15 A team also failed to win a game last year in their under 14 rep year. Might just be a real weak age group for talent in the NFNL.
Well if you can’t pick the best players and your coach is a basketball person with hardly any football experience then you’re going to struggle from the start.
But I guess if you lick LeGassicks ass enough you’ll get to where you want to be as a coach.

4 teams scored 24 points combined, 2 of which were scoreless .

We are a pretty big metro league with kids being drafted often.. something isn’t right.
Something definitely isn’t right if Blair Harvey can’t get a Rep team to score a single point in a game.
Did NFNL have the best players available in all age groups?
Did they have the best preparation? You’d think Harvey would have them well prepared wouldn’t you?
So yes clearly something isn’t right.

Something definitely isn’t right if Blair Harvey can’t get a Rep team to score a single point in a game.
Did they have the best preparation? You’d think Harvey would have them well prepared wouldn’t you?
Been going on for years.

In fairness he didn't get Whittlesea to score all that much in his last year either

Finals venues confirmed. No surpises… same as other years. Can’t see any other viable options other that D3 at Latrobe potentially.

Whittlesea imo is pretty average due to no undercover area at all besides a tiny area infront of the rooms.

Preston wasn’t half bad last year with the win not so bad

Finals venues confirmed. No surpises… same as other years. Can’t see any other viable options other that D3 at Latrobe potentially.

Whittlesea imo is pretty average due to no undercover area at all besides a tiny area infront of the rooms.

Preston wasn’t half bad last year with the win not so bad
Preston’s wind tunnel is what I don’t like. It’s nothing like anything I’ve seen before and it usually makes for two quarters of stack the back line to stifle the game for both competing sides

does anyone else share the opinion that the playing standard perception of the NFNL is in decline? Once a premier metro comp, now you feel it’s well behind EDFL, EFL and VAFA. Community engagement, communications and creativity could improve. I would like to see the league aggressively target Preston bullants which is in the heart of the north and even Bulleen Templestowe in the VAFA. Forget Broadford.
Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back