All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia/Punk rocked, punk's best match since return.

with AEW being moved around a bit and the baseball playoffs starting up as well, I was thinking the next two or so weeks would be quiet, but then TK decided to have some fun in response to Smackdown adding an extra half hour for next week's show which airs on cable TV next instead of network, so now who knows

I thought it was a mystery team, not necessarily Andrade +1?
My understanding is that it was a masked mystery team that Andrade has recruited. It'll be interesting to see if it leaks out before the show
Ah ok, must have misread.

On Beyond Wrestling the day before: Daniel Garcia wrestled Alex Shelley. Legit Leyla Hirsch with an impressive performance against Best Friends' Wheeler Yuta, but Yuta retained his IWTV title.

Then today on an IWTV show, Yuta dropped the title to Alex Shelley.

I liked Dynamite, the main event was a bit weak sauce but still okay.

Rampage you mean. I'm surprised you tolerated the tag match. A number of times The Acclaimed clearly had to deliberately move into Lucha Brother's offense. Just not good and took me out of it. They did well with their own offense and general work and heat though. The Lucha Bros are a tricky team to work fluently with.

Rampage you mean. I'm surprised you tolerated the tag match. A number of times The Acclaimed clearly had to deliberately move into Lucha Brother's offense. Just not good and took me out of it. They did well with their own offense and general work and heat though. The Lucha Bros are a tricky team to work fluently with.

Haha, I do mean Rampage!!

Yes, I actually didn't like the Lucha Bros match, I zone out during their matches now and sometimes do other things so I spose it just didn't register at the time. I love their look, it just needs to be dialled back ten notches for me.

I also noticed Edwards was the ref for the match. Some people have suggested the baldy ref lets things go for the Elite in storyline, but to me he isn't any different to other refs.

Will be interesting next week. Smackdown vs Rampage for 30 minutes.

No doubt that Smackdown will close with Brock and Roman, doing their usual moves that has been done to death in the past. More than likely AEW will open their show with Punk vs Sydal.

For me personally Punk vs Sydal match sounds far more interesting than another Brock vs Roman confrontation. I am in the minority how ever.

oh I heard Becky Lynch/Sasha Banks was a booked match and figured that would be the overrun. It's a fun piece of shithousery. With Smackdown being on cable instead of network next week, they absolutely do not want to put up a rating that can draw comparisons with AEW. Baseball playoffs are curb stomping everybody right now anyway though....

Will be interesting next week. Smackdown vs Rampage for 30 minutes.

No doubt that Smackdown will close with Brock and Roman, doing their usual moves that has been done to death in the past. More than likely AEW will open their show with Punk vs Sydal.

For me personally Punk vs Sydal match sounds far more interesting than another Brock vs Roman confrontation. I am in the minority how ever.
Is there any reason Punk’s against Sydal? I haven’t seen any of this week’s Rampage.

Punk going over a bunch of young up and comers at least makes some sense, giving them “the rub”, but this one confuses me.

Is there any reason Punk’s against Sydal? I haven’t seen any of this week’s Rampage.

Punk going over a bunch of young up and comers at least makes some sense, giving them “the rub”, but this one confuses me.

set up last week on Rampage.

Rampage dropped to 466k this week supposedly. Not a great rating at all for a show with CM Punk wrestling on it. Shit time slot yeah, but come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garcia/Punk rocked, punk's best match since return.

with AEW being moved around a bit and the baseball playoffs starting up as well, I was thinking the next two or so weeks would be quiet, but then TK decided to have some fun in response to Smackdown adding an extra half hour for next week's show which airs on cable TV next instead of network, so now who knows

Gotta do it now Tony.

Gotta do it now Tony.

Big call considering the drop in viewership already even with one of if not their biggest star wrestling on it already.

Would need a pay per view level Rampage to even get close to Smackdown on a bad night.
Dreaming

Big call considering the drop in viewership already even with one of if not their biggest star wrestling on it already.

Would need a pay per view level Rampage to even get close to Smackdown on a bad night.
Dreaming

You miss the point as usual. Smackdown is on FS1 this week. They have tended to rate around 7-900k in the past for such shows on this channel (in as many homes as the cable channels that show Raw and Dynamite rather than the tens of millions more Fox is). Not far off what Rampage has been doing.

I can see Smackdown getting to a million and winning by a bit this week as they have loaded up the show and have an earlier time slot.

Last edited:
You miss the point as usual. Smackdown is on FS1 this week. They have tended to rate around 7-900k in the past for such shows on this channel (in as many homes as the cable channels that show Raw and Dynamite rather than the tens of millions more Fox is). Not far off what Rampage has been doing.

I can see Smackdown getting to a million and winning by a bit this week as they have loaded up the show and have an earlier time slot.

I know it’s on FS1 and you backed up what I said with your last lines.

CM Punk, Alex Shelley and Minuro Suzuki all in the same week.

Cannot wait to see where this blokes career is at in 10 years time.
This was today as well. How lucky is this 23 year old kid to be able to wrestle all this talent?
FBXkPMyXEAUXPMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back