Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is why we're shutting down. Two countries with lax responses to COVID-19. We all know Italy has been bad but America is faring far worse.
Good luck dazbroncos

Scary shit. I still think Trump will somehow avoid paying the political price for this he absolutely should pay despite his incompetence and negligence in dealing with the problem. His cult will find a way to spin things to make it seem like he took immediate authoritative action and people will swallow the lies.

Our Flu/Cold season hasn’t begun yet, so we have no idea how Australia is going to be affected by Coronavirus, yet.

Federal government was too slow reacting, just like with the Bushfires!

Looks like the State Premiers have ditched Morrison + are beginning the lockdown on Tuesday.

SA + WA have closed their borders.

I’ll be surprised if AFL resumes on 31 May.
It's a pertinent point, and what separates us from a lot of other countries. A country like the US will at least likely get a helping hand from hotter weather in a couple of months. Meanwhile, we'll be entering our coldest months and the worst time for viruses to spread.

I don't think they've been too slow at all.

We can afford to keep things open another week or so I think, and each day in lockdown has very, very serious consequences. Jumping the gun here.

Scary shit. I still think Trump will somehow avoid paying the political price for this he absolutely should pay despite his incompetence and negligence in dealing with the problem. His cult will find a way to spin things to make it seem like he took immediate authoritative action and people will swallow the lies.

Yep dooshbag but this virus got everyone so it's more about what level of dooshbag.

One week ago he gave himself a 10 outta 10 for the cronovirus response.

This is why we're shutting down. Two countries with lax responses to COVID-19. We all know Italy has been bad but America is faring far worse.
Good luck dazbroncos

Italy is not lax. The reason for the huge number of deaths is because Italy has the oldest population in Europe.

Our Flu/Cold season hasn’t begun yet, so we have no idea how Australia is going to be affected by Coronavirus, yet.

Looks like the State Premiers have ditched Morrison + are beginning the lockdown on Tuesday.

Well I'm glad I made the move to Tassie from Geelong 3 years ago, Things are pretty good here in regards to being able to find stuff we need at supermarkets & the count being low on how many people have the virus down here.

I'm very grateful to be away from the worse of it.

It's a pertinent point, and what separates us from a lot of other countries. A country like the US will at least likely get a helping hand from hotter weather in a couple of months. Meanwhile, we'll be entering our coldest months and the worst time for viruses to spread.

Yeah the science think tank doesn't know yet. They are working on it. How covid will take the heat or humidity.

Definitely agree though I think I'm resilient but I dont want to get a cold or the sniffles right now. And everyone has had the flu bad when it puts you down for a day. We don't want millions flocking to hospital across Australia with the symptoms described it pretty confusing between the two really. I think I know, but I'm also not confident i know because hey never been in contact or had it.

Well I'm glad I made the move to Tassie from Geelong 3 years ago, Things are pretty good here in regards to being able to find stuff we need at supermarkets & the count being low on how many people have the virus down here.

And they shut off borders to interstate travelers earlier than everyone else. Also, with the exception of Hobart, much of the state is barely populated. Kind of wishing I was back there now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick! Stock up on toilet paper!
My socks may never recover.

I don't think they've been too slow at all.

We can afford to keep things open another week or so I think, and each day in lockdown has very, very serious consequences. Jumping the gun here.

No way!
Remaining open has far greater risks + consequences!

If Australia is fortunate + only 2% of our population dies, it is still 500,000 dead Australia. Are you really prepared to gamble on even more deaths?

Border Protection advised Morrison to close the borders weeks ago.

As usual money is Morrison’s only concern, at the expense of Australian lives.

AFL has made the responsible decision.

DEFDFEFC-6468-4961-875A-EACB65B7E0FF.jpeg

And they shut off borders to interstate travelers earlier than everyone else. Also, with the exception of Hobart, much of the state is barely populated. Kind of wishing I was back there now.

I moved to Grindelwald & it's the perfect lifestyle for me, Beautiful views of the Tamar Valley when I go running in the morning,Enough land to have planted plenty of fruit tree's & veggies etc.

Life is pretty good down here.

Yep dooshbag but this virus got everyone so it's more about what level of dooshbag.

One week ago he gave himself a 10 outta 10 for the cronovirus response.
It’s just a cold 🙄

I have so many questions on this it's not funny
Put on the news and all they're going on about is the f**king footy.
I don't give a F**k!

Yep, So I guess 3 days after calling Australians un-Australian for panic buying the Australians were right Haha.

Cue the noise for chaos, this could be 14 days spazz and honestly maybe longer mate cross our fingers 14 is all it is. But I knew as soon as they started freezing loans payments etc it was right around the corner. It's about the only win I have had in weeks.

Strap into the ABC

No way!
Remaining open has far greater risks + consequences!

If Australia is fortunate + only 2% of our population dies, it is still 500,000 dead Australia. Are you really prepared to gamble on even more deaths?

Border Protection advised Morrison to close the borders weeks ago.

As usual money is Morrison’s only concern, at the expense of Australian lives.

AFL has made the responsible decision.

View attachment 844879

This is why we all love kitty she brings the shit we need to know

Very naive response. The advice from CMO's was changing daily. Multiple times a day in fact, information was imperfect.
The info in and out of the WHO was ever changing. Our governments nationwide are operating on the advice of Chief Medical Officers who consult weekly with the WHO. We aren't going rogue

Would you like a shot at sitting in the big chair and trying to balance effective management of the pandemic, whilst managing and limiting public panic, all the while trying to keep businesses running for as long as possible? Oh and having to formulate quite a few rescue packages and stimulus. There isn't a person on earth who envies Johnson, Trump, Macron, Merkel, Morrison etc etc atm. Not one, and can quite confidently say that those sitting in opposition in those countries likely wouldn't have been faring much better (well maybe the Dems would as Trump is beyond thick). As a global society we are ill equipped to deal with these things once the genie is out of the bottle, we are by nature selfish as a race.

People in the UK have said the same about BoJo and delaying the ban on pubs.

You see, Trump bum sniffing morons like Piers didn't realise Boris was waiting for the Chancellor of the exchequer to announce packages that protected british businesses, including publicans. So that they didn't fire everyone.

Tl;dr

I’m the same, moved from Sydney to NSW New England in 2015 + feel much safer here.

Although, there are 11 cases of COVID-19 in the Hunter New England Health region in a population of nearly one million.

Italy is not lax. The reason for the huge number of deaths is because Italy has the oldest population in Europe.
That's cases not deaths and they were lax.
They ignored and delayed.

Yep, So I guess 3 days after calling Australians un-Australian for panic buying the Australians were right Haha.

Cue the noise for chaos, this could be 14 days spazz and honestly maybe longer mate cross our fingers 14 is all it is. But I knew as soon as they started freezing loans payments etc it was right around the corner. It's about the only win I have had in weeks.

Strap into the ABC
Yeah so hope it's only 14 days. That would be fine.
If it goes on for months do the kids have to repeat the grade?
What the bloody hell do we do with them in that time?
Can I go fishing?
Can I run my dogs?
What happens to people on the street? People who can't pay their mortgage?
Will bottle shops be open?
Just a few of the thousand questions I'm thinking of.

Yep, Dan Andrews has been wanting to close schools for over a week now and he was hoping to see Morrison get on board. Andrews has now pulled the rug from under him and made the right overdue decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back