All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The promised land beckons!!!....

Israel’s far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich has claimed that the security cabinet has approved his proposal to legalise five Israeli “outposts” in the occupied West Bank, the Times of Israel reports, citing Hebrew-language media reports.

Earlier, Smotrich said in a Thursday statement that the government will support illegal West Bank settlements as well as punitive measures against the Palestinian Authority in response to Palestinian diplomacy on the international stage critical of Israel.

Excellent choice. Well you wont find me saying anything against someone struggling against organised religion. I think it's a scurge. It goes beyond whether modern humans should be captive to this crap, when the views of people have an impact on others, such as the views of judaism and its concept of a promised land, and how it impacts on the palestinians. Excuse me for mentioning that. Likewise, the old men in Iran need to keep to themselves and not inflict their views on women....

but I could always question two aspects of Mohammadi's opposition

1. Why not extend it to all religions and all countries? I know she has been severely treated in iran, but what women have experienced is universal.
2. Why call on the West to make an impact? Even her husband apparently doesn't agree with that aspect, probably because of the longterm negative impact of US intervention in Iran in the 1950s. I'm no expert in her reasoning and whether she has a firm opinion in this, but while I agree with methods like BDS to change the actions of groups, I wouldnt like to see western intervention....as iraq demonstrated.

In the final analysis, Mohammadi is certainly more noble than Assange. It might be better to compare's Assange's publishing career to Murdoch's.

Mohammadi is more noble than Assange in the same way that Noosa is a bit warmer than the South Pole.

I have no gripe w' Assange but he's no hero and shouldn't be celebrated as one. He's definitely more Murdoch than he is Mohammadi but he has done the time, and should be left alone to live in peace.

I havent seen the biden trump thing but murdoch reports that it is not going famously for either. There was a reason a retirement age was introduced and american politicians and judges shouldnt be allowed to seek office and stuff up the world. Let younger people stuff it up...
The whole thing will just be gaffe watch. And only Bidens count. They'll show that he's senile and past it, whereas we all know Donny is virile sharp as a tack and sprightly, because he's told us.

Last edited:

The whole thing will just be gaff which. And only Bidens count. They'll show that he's senile and past it, whereas we all know Donny is virile sharp as a tack and sprightly, because he's told us.

well he shouldnt be running. It is beyond the ridiculous. As for trump, his dementia began decades ago. If trump will build a fence around the whole place and not allow anyone in or out, then i'd support him and donate money.

well he shouldnt be running. It is beyond the ridiculous. As for trump, his dementia began decades ago. If trump will build a fence around the whole place and not allow anyone in or out, then i'd support him and donate money.

Trump. If they vote for him, they deserve him.

1719544390969.png

Then again, Joe f*d up.

‘Time for a different way forward’: Former Obama adviser delivers scathing appraisal of Biden​

Former special adviser to Barack Obama and now CNN pundit Van Jones has delivered a scathing appraisal of Biden’s debate performance.
“That was painful, I love Joe Biden, I worked for Joe Biden, he didn’t do well at all. He did not do well at all,” Jones told CNN. “He’s doing the best that he can, but he had a test tonight to restore the confidence of the country and … he failed to do that.”
“And I think there’s a lot of people who are going to want to see him consider taking a different course. Now we’re still far from our convention, and there is time for this party to figure out a different way.
“But that was not what we needed for Joe Biden, and it’s personally painful for a lot of people. It’s not just panic, it’s pain”.

Last edited:
Trump. If they vote for him, they deserve him.

View attachment 2032455

Then again, Joe f*d up.

‘Time for a different way forward’: Former Obama adviser delivers scathing appraisal of Biden​

Former special adviser to Barack Obama and now CNN pundit Van Jones has delivered a scathing appraisal of Biden’s debate performance.
“That was painful, I love Joe Biden, I worked for Joe Biden, he didn’t do well at all. He did not do well at all,” Jones told CNN. “He’s doing the best that he can, but he had a test tonight to restore the confidence of the country and … he failed to do that.”
“And I think there’s a lot of people who are going to want to see him consider taking a different course. Now we’re still far from our convention, and there is time for this party to figure out a different way.
“But that was not what we needed for Joe Biden, and it’s personally painful for a lot of people. It’s not just panic, it’s pain”.

Biden was so bad. The only hope is that the dems decide Newsom is a better option and somehow convince Joe to step away and Newsom to step in.

Biden was so bad. The only hope is that the dems decide Newsom is a better option and somehow convince Joe to step away and Newsom to step in.

You'd hope a viable alternative steps in. That was FUBAR.

Biden doesn't have much time left, what would cause a guy to want to stay on at that age?

History won't be kind.

Really, it's not a good time for democracy.

A Democrat victory at the presidential election won't cure the country, but the alternative is a goosestep to the toilet bowl.

Biden needs to step aside, then he can fall off the perch listening to at least some people say some good things about him.

A Democrat victory at the presidential election won't cure the country, but the alternative is a goosestep to the toilet bowl.

Biden needs to step aside, then he can fall off the perch listening to at least some people say some good things about him.
trumpy is indeed a goose step as you put it, but hypothetically what if Biden were to win, he’s clearly not competent and on current rate of decline he’ll be at McConnell levels before the end of the next term.

Having a weekend at Bernie’s president with invisible people running things behind the scene isn’t democratic either. It’s a shit show.

trumpy is indeed a goose step as you put it, but hypothetically what if Biden were to win, he’s clearly not competent and on current rate of decline he’ll be at McConnell levels before the end of the next term.

Having a weekend at Bernie’s president with invisible people running things behind the scene isn’t democratic either. It’s a shit show.

I completely agree.

There's no real salvation to be found, only a slightly less intense apocalypse.

He must step aside. If he doesn't, every Dem needs to jump yell 'boo!' when they see him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely agree.

There's no real salvation to be found, only a slightly less intense apocalypse.

He must step aside. If he doesn't, every Dem needs to jump yell 'boo!' when they see him.

The glass-half-full view is that Biden's debate performance will jolt the Democrats into action. They do need a younger candidate and ideally, one who is well-spoken and can show the Don up for the charlatan that he is.

If only it were that simple.

if i wanted to create a dysfunctional world, I'd have an election with these two as the alternatives. Alternatively, people can vote for RFK jnr who is 70 and only partially looney, or cornel west who many cant understand

if i wanted to create a dysfunctional world, I'd have an election with these two as the alternatives. Alternatively, people can vote for RFK jnr who is 70 and only partially looney, or cornel west who many cant understand

It's a mess. I remember thinking there was no way Trump would beat Hillary because I assumed anyone would be able to see straight through the Don.

And here we are again, only this year Trump is an almost unbackable favourite.

Voting isn't compulsory in the US and most Americans have a negative view of their political system:

* More than eight-in-ten adults say that each of the following is at least a somewhat good description of the U.S. political system today:

• Republicans and Democrats are more focused on fighting each other than on solving problems (86%);
  • The cost of political campaigns makes it hard for good people to run for office (85%);
  • Special interest groups and lobbyists have too much say in what happens in politics (84%).
Perhaps they must hit rock bottom before things get better.

* https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...eatest-strengths-of-the-u-s-political-system/

Last edited:
It's a mess. I remember thinking there was no way Trump would beat Hillary because I assumed anyone would be able to see straight through the Don.

And here we are again, only this year Trump is an almost unbackable favourite.

Voting isn't compulsory in the US and most Americans have a negative view of their political system:

* More than eight-in-ten adults say that each of the following is at least a somewhat good description of the U.S. political system today:

• Republicans and Democrats are more focused on fighting each other than on solving problems (86%);
  • The cost of political campaigns makes it hard for good people to run for office (85%);
  • Special interest groups and lobbyists have too much say in what happens in politics (84%).
Perhaps they must hit rock bottom before things get better.

* https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...eatest-strengths-of-the-u-s-political-system/

The democrats forgot their base in the 1990s and started to focus on sexy issues...while there are a lot of trannies in the US, there's still not enough to win the presidency.

He was hilarious.
I just watched the whole 90. Biden was bad, but Trump was horrific.

It defies belief that the orange orangutan enjoys that level of support. During the debate, almost every claim he made was a lie.

Then again, Australia once voted for "Scotty from Marketing" Morrison.

I find it fascinating that only after watching the debate do people here think Biden isn't capable of standing as President.
Nobody is asking who in fact is making the decisions now & has been for a long time. Joe hasn't been capable of running the country for years. Everybody that looked openly & honestly knew it. So that begs the question. What unelected person or people are running the country in his stead then?

Vivek told us 7 months ago that this was going to happen. Some people are awake & some are snoring rather loudly.
Don't be the 2nd group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad