• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why the GFC doesn't count... But we should give a free pass to Jockey.

there should be no free pass to Jockey

they need to fix the budget and repay the debt or step aside and get someone who will

In the mean time, Australians should buy hard assets

its all backroom nonsense.

if they thought it would get them re-elected they would be on him quicker than crack whore on a pipe. but the moment they retained power the back stabbing leaking and undermining would start.

unlike rudd turnbull is factional. he represents "the small l" while the big L control the party. Like rudd they would only ever back him if they saw him as their only choice. i just cant see him grabbing the votes.
It's an interesting tension. I think they will go with Turnbull/Bishop (I think those two have already worked out who gets what job), but if Turnbull pitches to the caucus that he will move left that may spook them. If he says he will be collegiate then he threatens his own electability. I think he will do the latter, and back himself and his people to convince the caucus to go their way. With El Nino kicking in that shouldn't be as hard to do at least on Climate Change.

It's an interesting tension. I think they will go with Turnbull/Bishop (I think those two have already worked out who gets what job), but if Turnbull pitches to the caucus that he will move left that may spook them. If he says he will be collegiate then he threatens his own electability. I think he will do the latter, and back himself and his people to convince the caucus to go their way. With El Nino kicking in that shouldn't be as hard to do at least on Climate Change.

Turnbull will just focus on getting re elected and calm the farm. If he does anything to piss off the right wingers, he'll do it in his second term.

they need to ...repay the debt

In the mean time, Australians should buy hard assets
Commendations on this alias' character. Obviously you've spent a lot of time online, but the subtly of your trolling is impressive from my perspective of being relatively new to online political discussion.

I wonder how the downfall of Abbott will effect the other right-wing stooges online. I still think most of them come from the Koch Brothers side of things, and they've been completely unsuccessful in protecting Abbott. I don't think that will stop them, but it should make them change tactics.

Turnbull will just focus on getting re elected and calm the farm. If he does anything to piss off the right wingers, he'll do it in his second term.
But he risks losing his supporters like he did last time if he is seen to be bowing to the right in his party.

And in relation to your question on who is smartest in the Liberal Party, I'm thinking there must be some backbenchers who don't have media profile who are okay. Frydenburg or Robb have impressed me but they're away from the main spotlight... Robb probably wouldn't accept Treasurer, though, due to the pressure, and Frydenburg is too new. Hewson? :)

I think it's just a threat to make sure climate change isn't addressed. As long as Turnbull doesn't bring in an ETS I can't see them going anywhere. But it wouldn't be a bad thing for them if they stopped automatically supporting the Liberals. A bit of differentiation would help them electorally particularly when the Libs are on the nose, allow them to compete for rural Liberal-held seats and give them some bargaining power in a coalition government. Right now they're just 15 automatic votes for the coalition without them having to do anything.

They extract their concessions behind closed doors and then vote in lockstep with their coalition partners.

They might look like automatic votes but I'm positive they get what they want for the bush before the vote even happens.

To give you an idea just how confused the Coalition is right now re the leadership vote, Education Minister Christopher Pyne was on the Today show on Nine, and thought there might be a leadership spill, only to retract that statement when interviewed on Sky News several hours later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The thing I find fascinating about Abbott supporters is that their defense of him from day one has been "just wait, he'll learn to do better".

Even those that support him don't think he's currently any good!

You will never go broke assuming that people will behave tomorrow how they behaved all of last week.

People don't just miraculously change, they may say they'll change they may even try to change, but particularly when they find themselves under stress the same patterns of behaviour re-emerge.

Malcolm Turnbull in 2009, “I will not lead a party that is not as committed to effective action on climate change as I am.” Given that he's on the record as describing DA as "bullshit", I can see some interesting times ahead should he win a spill. If he sits on his hands he's immediately exposed.

So, when will the flashpoint re the leadership vote happen-1) next Tuesday/Wednesday; 2) after the NSW State Election (assuming the Liberals lose unexpectedly); or 3) after the Federal Budget?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he gets the boot, which would be at least even money in my view, what happens to the PM? Does he go quietly or will he stay on like Rudd, and snipe and background journalists? If he has learnt anything form the destabalisation of the ALP over the last seven years, you'd think he will resign and force a bi-election.

I think Abbott has more integrity than that. However the guy being talked about as his possible replacement is another story. Turnbull has undermined the government by allowing the ABC to push its left wing agenda day after day. I rather go to the polls than wear that prick, another elitist left wing unelected leader.

Malcolm Turnbull in 2009, “I will not lead a party that is not as committed to effective action on climate change as I am.” Given that he's on the record as describing DA as "bullshit", I can see some interesting times ahead should he win a spill. If he sits on his hands he's immediately exposed.
Malcom should just sit back and not contest the leadership and wait until after the next election if the right faction of the party won't let him change their policies. No point in being leader if he is going to have his hands tied.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have said Arthur Sinodinus as Treasurer & potential leader if not for his involvement with ICAC now it looks like anyone with the ability to add & subtract without making too many mistakes will be given the job if Abbott is tossed out.

Just on Abbott as much as i dislike the guy i have to admit i do have a touch of new found respect in that so far he is standing by Peta Credlin.

giphy.gif

If it's Turnbull vs the coward we win anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread All things Tony Abbott

Back