• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW never had so much sway before, and certainly not in the Liberal party. The Libs power base was Victoria for decades (Menzies, Holt, Fraser). Only in the past 20 years has the NSW element in the party grown so strong.
Is there a demographic in that area that has caused it?

Is it possible that Tony/Julie is behind this to shore up his support and flush out the all dissenters?
If so I don't think it will satisfy the public/voters.
Either way they're cooked.

We either get a more moderate PM or stay with the coward and face TOTAL annihilation at the next election.
If Mal gets in we just trot out that well-used line at the last election concerning UNELECTED PM's

Great day for Australia today.
Now to end the IPA......

Is there a demographic in that area that has caused it?
It's more due to the fact that Melbourne conservatives were historically more blue blood, noblesse oblige types (wets) who have seen their voice in the party extinguished.

If Turnbull becomes leader Australia has no real choice at polls. We will have Turnbull’s Labor-like versus Shortens Labor and Australia heading down the Greek gurgler. Labor has shown no signs of having learned any governance lessons from 6 years of the worst governments we’ve ever had. Bleak times ahead for our nation. It can only get worse.
Bla bla bla.

If Turnbull becomes leader Australia has no real choice at polls. We will have Turnbull’s Labor-like versus Shortens Labor and Australia heading down the Greek gurgler. Labor has shown no signs of having learned any governance lessons from 6 years of the worst governments we’ve ever had. Bleak times ahead for our nation. It can only get worse.

Are you a climate change-denying, gay-hating monarchist by any chance?

Howard was actually pretty good at it, he walked the line accepting that he had to placate the middle (admittedly he mostly just bought the middle). But as soon as he got both houses of parliament he could not resist the temptation to fully implement his ideology. Nekminnit - Howard loses his seat. Abbott just tries to force it on everyone without even having both houses, nekminnit and Abbott will be gone.

Howard was certainly a better politician than Abbott. But the coincidental help of great economic times keeping his polls good and not giving would be challengers oxygen should not be understated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get no enjoyment out of this. It shouldn't of happened. Capitalism got what they wanted out of the mad monk and its a hell of along road back to repair the damage. What we need is another election, the last one was clearly rigged.

I get no enjoyment out of this. It shouldn't of happened. Capitalism got what they wanted out of the mad monk and its a hell of along road back to repair the damage. What we need is another election, the last one was clearly rigged.

If there is a change of leader, that leader needs to follow the Gillard example and have an election. Whilst it was politically risky, it also was courageous on her part. Can't see the Liberals ever having the balls.

We will (probably) have 3 elected prime ministers in succession who don't make it to their first election. Italy aside, has this ever happened anywhere before?

Our first decade after Federation was a massive revolving door.

Also, not quite what you've said, but Menzies was elected PM in 1963, Holt in 1966, Gorton in 1969, McMahon lost to Whitlam in 1972 who then won 1974 only to contest 1975 as Opposition Leader against PM Malcolm Fraser in 1975.

After the 30 years from Fraser to Howard it's easy to forget, but Australia has had some pretty volatile periods in leadership over the years.

If there is a change of leader, that leader needs to follow the Gillard example and have an election. Whilst it was politically risky, it also was courageous on her part. Can't see the Liberals ever having the balls.

They lied their way into government, they'll hang on to power as long as they can. One solace is history is being kind to Gillard.

I would have said Arthur Sinodinus as Treasurer & potential leader if not for his involvement with ICAC now it looks like anyone with the ability to add & subtract without making too many mistakes will be given the job if Abbott is tossed out.

Just on Abbott as much as i dislike the guy i have to admit i do have a touch of new found respect in that so far he is standing by Peta Credlin.

Indeed had ICAC not gotten involved, Sinodinos is the best financial man the Liberals have.

I think Abbott has more integrity than that. However the guy being talked about as his possible replacement is another story. Turnbull has undermined the government by allowing the ABC to push its left wing agenda day after day. I rather go to the polls than wear that prick, another elitist left wing unelected leader.

Its noticeable that the ABC are the least critical of Abbott and the current crisis, so I don't know what you base that on.

Unless you think its a left wing plot to shore up a vote winner for the ALP ???

But you wouldn't think that because you are still in the small group that likes abbott

Its noticeable that the ABC are the least critical of Abbott and the current crisis, so I don't know what you base that on.

Unless you think its a left wing plot to shore up a vote winner for the ALP ???

But you wouldn't think that because you are still in the small group that likes abbott

Well spotted. They just report the facts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread All things Tony Abbott

Back