List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First they take Pyke, then Hawks take Mitchell, now the Crows want Vozzo. Pretty soon ep2018 will have no one to blame us not winning the premiership on.
My bet is Vozzo has been groomed to replace nisbet as CEO in the near future, when Nisbett eventually retires. Doubt he moves anywhere unless it is for a CEO role.

Being the CEO of the Eagle is much more beneficial then for most other clubs. It is quite a large and prominant business, running a hefty profit, so would also set you up for careers outside of footy. I wouldn't be giving up that opportunity easily.

Rookie Rhai An Cox? Top end U16 two years who was dropped from U18 because of application and lack of training standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Club are confident that we can knock the “ show pony “ out of him and get him to focus on team football with a dose of professionalism, he could be an absolute steal.

Great talent no doubt .... Maybe got a bit ahead of himself.

Your thoughts on Prior from WP , I think he has a raw skill set that can offer some positional versatility , unfortunately I didn’t get to see his League games, so I would be interested to hear how he transitioned at the next level.

Last edited:
You'd think Darren Glass would have his eye on a top admin job in the next 5 to 10 years.

Nisbett retires
Vozzo to CEO
Glass to Football Manager

Probably worth a thread.
Is there someone earmarked from within the club, or would it be better to get someone from outside that may be better at making the hard calls, not so emotionally invested?
No need to change anything
With Cook and then Nesbit we have had had stability and success.
So stick with the formula that works
Nurture further leaders within the club so to ensure that the successful culture is maintained and we ave continuity

No need to change anything
With Cook and then Nesbit we have had had stability and success.
So stick with the formula that works
Nurture further leaders within the club so to ensure that the successful culture is maintained and we ave continuity
So Voz or Glass IYO?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shit show Adelaide turned into after making the 2017 GF

Senior coach Pyke gone
Senior assistant Camporeale gone
Football manager Burton gone
Captain Walker steps down

Lever, Cameron, McGovern, Keath, Betts, Greenwood, Ellis-Yeoman, Jenkins, Jacobs all left or leaving

Not sure who’s on the board or making decisions there apart from Riccuito but fair to say they’ve had a poor run of late

So Voz or Glass IYO?

Glass needs to do an apprenticeship before he can be considered for higher duties .
Remember this appointment with us, is in fact a bit of a promotion in itself.

Another names that’s been bandied around for a possible Mgmt role with in the Club going forward is Don Pyke.
Word is that he is having 6-8 months break and then will be looking to return to the workforce.
Former Club Board Member and a successful business man in his own right.....So well credentialed.

That said Vozzo has done a good job in whatever role he has done for the Club.

Nissey position certainly would have already had some strategic transitional management time put into it.

One thing the Clubs Boards ( over the years ) have excelled at it its Corporate Governance and Executive Appointments. “The Suits” at the Club run a slick, highly efficient and effective organisation.

Which reminds me that I was once talking with a prominent member of the media and he commented that West Coast is one of the few AFL Clubs that just doesn’t leak information EVER.
If fact his exact words were “ it’s easier to pull a tooth from a leopard on the run than getting any inside information out of West Coast “.

Last edited:
Surprised, and curious as to why, that we haven’t heard anything official on any further list changes other than Masten, McInnes and the two basketballers.

Vozzo confirmed in an interview during the week that Schofield and Achee have both been offered new contracts but nothing so far on the futures of
Mutimer
Mallen
Brayshaw
Smith
Brooksby

Surprised, and curious as to why, that we haven’t heard anything official on any further list changes other than Masten, McInnes and the two basketballers.

Vozzo confirmed in an interview during the week that Schofield and Achee have both been offered new contracts but nothing so far on the futures of
Mutimer
Mallen
Brayshaw
Smith
Brooksby
Maybe they’re all staying. Vozzo handing over contracts like they’re draft picks.

Can you just imagine the balls it must take to nail the premiership defining goal from a decent distance out and a tightish angle at the G with everyone in the crowd pretty much screaming at you to miss it?

They gave a runty ginger bloke called Paul Collingwood an MBE for scoring 17 runs on a flat deck at the oval 14 years ago when England regained the ashes. 17 f##king runs!!!!

We couldn't even name a f##king street after sheedy? Or give him some free gas??

Last edited:

Mutimer
Mallen
Brayshaw
Smith
Brooksby

No rush.

Probably need to confirm the Schoey and Achee contracts before delisting any of the others. If either one got an offer somewhere else and moved on after we had already delisted others, it would mean we would be using more picks in the draft that we don’t have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back