List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like Vozzo could've kept one of those 2nd rounders he willingly dropped his strides and handed over to Geelong unnecessarily for Kelly.

Image result for dramatic gif

Why do people still worry over those picks ?

They are Gone with the wind ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fremantle now don’t have another pick until 67 and will be rounding out their list at the bottom end of the draft after filling their boots last night

Went into the off season with their first (7) and second (26) round picks intact but had previously traded out their 3rd and 4th rounders. Hill and Langdon were both traded out

End result is they’ve brought in Acres and Aish via trades then drafted Young, Serong and Henry who all look good selections.

They’ve also lost their future 3rd and 4th picks and swapped their future 2nd for Melbournes. They also have a points deficit that will push back next years 1st round pick

End result after a 13th placed finish -

Out: Hill, Langdon, future 3rd, future 4th, downgraded future 1st

In : Acres, Aish, Young, Serong, Henry

Would have got Young and Henry if they did no trades courtesy of the picks 7 and 26 they started with

Means they’ve traded top 5 B&F players Hill and Langdon for Serong, Aish and Acres and compromised next years draft position in the process to achieve that

I’d be excited about the three youngsters they’ve brought in no doubt but when you finish bottom 6 and lose two of your best players you’d expect quality coming in

Last edited:

Fremantle now don’t have another pick until 67 and will be rounding out their list at the bottom end of the draft after filling their boots last night

Went into the off season with their first (7) and second (26) round picks intact but had previously traded out their 3rd and 4th rounders. Hill and Langdon were both traded out

End result is they’ve brought in Acres and Aish via trades then drafted Young, Serong and Henry who all look good selections.

They’ve also lost their future 3rd and 4th picks and swapped their future 2nd for Melbournes. They also have a points deficit that will push back next years 1st round pick

Would have got Young and Henry if they did no trades courtesy of the picks 7 and 26 they started with

Means they’ve traded top 5 B&F players Hill and Langdon for Serong, Aish and Acres and compromised next years draft position in the process to achieve that

I’d be excited about the three youngsters they’ve brought no doubt in but when you finish bottom 6 and lose two of your best players you’d expect quality coming in
Haha I just brought this up with my Freo supporting mates and was hit with “yeah but Aish and Acres are A grade talent”.

Something in the water down there.

30 years ago there were a few Victorian kids upset when recruited by the Eagles. Can’t remember the name of the kid but apparently his biggest disappointment was being recruited by the Eagles. Never heard of him again after being delisted. Now when the Eagles call out their name the Victorian kid knows he is going to a great club And he is excited.
Tim Watson. The turd never turned up to the club and just retired. Went back to bombers the year later and won a flag in 93.

He is not a bull nuggut like kerr . But he did a number on rowell in the champs by giving him zero space and time whist also getting plenty himself .

Very quick and agile around the contest pouncing on any loose ball and feeding it out well to the outside types .

I would love to get him with our second pick as a quick strong tackling contested player who hoovers up any ball that spills to the ground is a midfielder type we dont have many of

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's nice to engage in positive discussion.

Do you honestly think a small 175cm, 68kg player who is good at winning some contested ball against kids is going to be able to do that in a professional environment against grown men?

He won't be able to play midfield at AFL level at all IMO and i suspect we'll do our usual trick of attempting to turn him into a small forward. Which he is not.

AFL website has his range between 50-120 so a rookie selection could perhaps be more appropriate?

I’d be excited about the three youngsters they’ve brought no doubt in but when you finish bottom 6 and lose two of your best players you’d expect quality coming in

Next year Freo have 3 Academy picks potentially as well , so could possibly struggle to match bids ..

lol how pissed did Flanders look when he was picked by GC? I suppose when four Vic teams have been in your ear this whole off season yet you have to move interstate because of a random pick trade it would be a shock to the system.

"Hens love roosters, geese love ganders, everyone else loves Sam Flanders"

Vic club: "not me"

"... everyone who counts loves Sam Flanders"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't believe Stevenson is still available.
How does the Larke medalist not go in the first round.
Would have been handy to have an early 2nd rnd pick.

Oh well, Cats can pick him up with their next and hold him for us for a few years.

I just can't believe Stevenson is still available.
How does the Larke medalist not go in the first round.
Would have been handy to have an early 2nd rnd pick.

Oh well, Cats can pick him up with their next and hold him for us for a few years.
Lewis?

Where the bloody hell are our academy kids?

Not good enough or still developing..
A change to NGA rules in 2020 sounds promising as ;
Clubs were told it is likely Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Fremantle will gain priority access to indigenous prospects in metropolitan regions after pick No.40 of the NAB AFL Draft.

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's nice to engage in positive discussion.

Do you honestly think a small 175cm, 68kg player who is good at winning some contested ball against kids is going to be able to do that in a professional environment against grown men?

He won't be able to play midfield at AFL level at all IMO and i suspect we'll do our usual trick of attempting to turn him into a small forward. Which he is not.

AFL website has his range between 50-120 so a rookie selection could perhaps be more appropriate?
Our 2nd pick is 91 or so i have been told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back