List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that Simmo indicated we would try to get back into the draft, I wonder what we're considering. Can't see us parting with any younger players as nobody has requested trades/other teams have not enquired.

Only thing we can really do is on trade Geelongs future 3rd + 52/64 for something around 40?

I don't even know if we're allowed to do much else. We're hamstrung with our future picks now i think.

True. And he alluded to that in his press conference yesterday - that had he been drafted earlier he may not have worked on his game as hard as he did

Have been told that Liam Ryan said to recruiters in 2016 that he wasn’t ready to go into an AFL environment that year. When interviewed in 2017, he said he was ready.

Sometimes you just have to wait for the player to be ready, even if they’ve got the talent to make it, their attitude might not be there yet.

Pretty sure Water Corp still do that.

Shit post from a shit poster, **** off with your shit.

Testing to see if multiple mentions are/or use of the f word is censored.

Just so you know we had the largest offer on the table with the longest contract length. People around here should also know if you go through my posting history that I have worked with and am friends with an AFL player agent. (Not Kelly's)

Kelly is a great player and I have just finishing having coffee with said player agent and he said we paid overs. Also unless someone offers Ah Chee a 2 year contract elsewhere he'll be on our list next year.

My argument the whole time is nothing other than we paid significant overs. We paid the largest trade Sum in history (depending on how you consider the worth of Kennedy in the Judd trade at the time) for a guy that if you look at all other trade cases of similar players should have been 2 firsts with a second coming back. I've been through it before but even if you consider both our firsts are reasonably late that really only balances out not getting a second back or at the very worst us downgrading 24-36 to get the deal over the line.

Every possible scenario we were the ones to fold even on the final night before the trade was done. We absolutely wanted a second round pick back yet ended up with a third round pick back next year.

Who folds? We do. The silver lining other than the fact that we dont have any second round picks in this draft or a second one next year is that we got essendon involved who were happy to upgrade their second rounder to upgrade our fourth and geelong conceded 4 pick placings in the draft. On the premise that they believed and probably still believe that one of 36 or 37 gets jack steven from the saints.

(The same jack steven who if he gets back to full health and fitness is close to, if not as good a player as Kelly and yes i understand it's likely geelong will only get 2-3 years out of steven who is declining while we get hopefully 6 or more years out of Kelly)

After free agency picks
Unless the Saints intend on packaging pick 12 + their 2020 1st/2nd then i'm not sure how they get Hill.

They may use 18 as part of some deal to get Howard.

The Giants are laughing - they may end up being able to get a top end player + Tom Green.

Pick 12 or 18 will get chewed up by Henry bids. That's why they wanted 6.

Dropped the ball being too greedy.

No way will Saints trade their 2020 1st as they are saving that for a bid on King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will get picks for Paton - hearing that they will want something decent from Hawks. I would see Paton for 30 as fair. The Scully trade was a real anomaly given his ankle. Paton as a KPF should be at least a second rounder.

In addition, Bonner is tipped to move as he is depth as a inside mid and still rated highly

Paton after three knee recos is not worth pick 30 IMO.

After free agency picks

Pick 12 or 18 will get chewed up by Henry bids. That's why they wanted 6.

Dropped the ball being too greedy.

No way will Saints trade their 2020 1st as they are saving that for a bid on King.

Where do you see the Saints next year with a new coach.?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the look of Chad Warner from East Freo, he won't go early because of his size. But he earns his Gatorade, inside menace. Good stats over the season, might be good for a future Redden replacement, faster and more agile. Watched him closely when Claremont played. Played with Rivers, Sharp and Jackson.. he still looked more composed and mature around contests than all mentioned, maybe on par with Rivers . I feel we could maybe get him in the Rookie Draft if he falls

Marlion Pickett was picked up after serving 2.5 years in jail and now he's the FAP story of the decade. We would seen as trying to help a player not trying to avoid tarnishing our name. People will always criticise the WCE for past player indiscretions but fact of the matter is other clubs have had far worse mishaps than us

I see your Marlin Pickett and raise you a Shane Yarran

Vozzo also confirmed last year the asking price was this years 1st plus last year's 21 and 22

So waited a year for for pretty much

21 22 vs around 16 26 40 if taking into account the 3rd round swaps
Interesting to note that what was #22 last year was traded for what you mention there as #26 this year. Last year's #21 was also traded and became picks that were used on O'Neill and Foley.

So in weighing up the difference between the yearly cost it's either drafting O'Neill (#28) and Foley (#31) last year, versus whomever we'd have taken with #33 this year, and next year's first round pick (or whatever else we might have done with those two picks). Plus 2019 with Kelly on our list.

I think we gambled on the perception of Kelly's ability being poorer than it is, and lost.

I have watched a decent amount of live Weagles game this year.
If Brander has the heart (my only question), guy is destined to be a gun!!!
He does shit and moves like nobody I have seen for that size/height!
What position he plays... I don’t know. Guy could be KP or a bloody wingman!!!

From pictures he looks very skinny, would need to bulk up to play KPF or back ?

Interesting to note that what was #22 last year was traded for what you mention there as #26 this year. Last year's #21 was also traded and became picks that were used on O'Neill and Foley.

So in weighing up the difference between the yearly cost it's either drafting O'Neill (#28) and Foley (#31) last year, versus whomever we'd have taken with #33 this year, and next year's first round pick (or whatever else we might have done with those two picks). Plus 2019 with Kelly on our list.

I think we gambled on the perception of Kelly's ability being poorer than it is, and lost.

Or... Geelong never intended on letting Kelly go last year.

Maybe not the right thread but I'd be interested in hearing who was responsible at South Freo for getting guys like Kelly and Pickett into the club and see if we can create a position for them to find us some more talent. They've unearthed a couple of gems. Are there more to be unearthed?
If the points can't be covered from this year's picks the deficit is taken from next year's, starting with the 1st round pick.

I like the look of Chad Warner from East Freo, he won't go early because of his size. But he earns his Gatorade, inside menace. Good stats over the season, might be good for a future Redden replacement, faster and more agile. Watched him closely when Claremont played. Played with Rivers, Sharp and Jackson.. he still looked more composed and mature around contests than all mentioned, maybe on par with Rivers . I feel we could maybe get him in the Rookie Draft if he falls
Virgin Bancroft vs Chad Warner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back