Amazon's "The Test"

Remove this Banner Ad

It missed the entire one day series in India which seemed like a real turning point in the teams trajectory for me. The belief in the team after coming back to win that series really began to grow on that little tour.
That's a shame that they skipped that, I loved the Stoin/Zamps content from that episode!

2 eps down.

What I have enjoyed.

• Learning about what happened with Bairstow. Umpire confirming to players over was not called.
  • The process of changing the plan to Stokes at Lords.
  • Lyon in tears. We tear Aussie players to shreds when they fail but to see how much it matters to them.
  • The part on Marsh at Headingly. Aussie fans hated him, the mental part of the game to come back from that, not give up on test cricket. Dropped at slip and put it out of mind.

What I loved

- Ripping into Broad at Lords. He's no angel so trying to be the moral arbiter is hilarious.

I thought the first series was brilliant, but the last two have been a little disappointing, though the third series was an improvement on the second. I found Khawaja's thoughts and his story, Marsh and his thoughts leading up to his return and the loss of Lyon to be the most interesting stories in the three episodes.

There was hardly anything from the coach which I found truly disappointing and the nig reason I don't think it's as insightful as the first series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the first series was brilliant, but the last two have been a little disappointing, though the third series was an improvement on the second. I found Khawaja's thoughts and his story, Marsh and his thoughts leading up to his return and the loss of Lyon to be the most interesting stories in the three episodes.

There was hardly anything from the coach which I found truly disappointing and the nig reason I don't think it's as insightful as the first series.
Not having Justin Langer and his stupid platitudes improved the series no end I thought. If you got stuck next to him at a dinner party you'd excuse yourself to go to the toilet and hope that the host has something you can overdose on in the bathroom cabinet.

Not having Justin Langer and his stupid platitudes improved the series no end I thought. If you got stuck next to him at a dinner party you'd excuse yourself to go to the toilet and hope that the host has something you can overdose on in the bathroom cabinet.
True, but we got nothing from his replacement, or any of the assistants.

I'm nearly all Baristowed out so my highlight was Davey saying "karma's going to get ya'' when Ben Stokes' appeal for that catch he clearly had no control of was given not out by the 3rd umpire late in the 5th test. Those who were batting should have really called Stokes out for his hypocrisy around the 'spirit of cricket'. He had the chance to practise what he preached and blew in front of the whole world and as Stuart Broad would say, that is what he'll be remembered for.

Last edited:
I get the feeling Mac specifically didn't want to be apart of the series. He's very much not in frotn of the camera in other aspects like the press conferences (opting to send players 99% of the time) so I guess he may have mandated that when he took the job. He'd much rather Cumdawg take the front and center.

May also be due to Langer being incredibly ego driven and wanting to distance himself from that - my partner watches the show with me and she's never watched any cricket, absolutely ****ing hated Langer with a passion. Maybe Mac knows to just shut up and let the results speak for themselves :D

That was a big blunder by the production crew. Even if season 3 had to be extended to 7 episodes and be released a few months later, so be it.
So The Final Word had an interview with the director - the short answer is that it was logistically too hard to do the India test series or World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazon's "The Test"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back