Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not unhappy to see him go. His silence during the whole preseason camp saga (amongst other numerous incidents during the last few years) while we were getting bashed left, right and centre spoke volumes for his leadership IMO.

He did do a good job business wise though, credit to him there.

It sounded so promising when he first signed on, but he seems just another example (that there are many of in high management) of those that know all of the right things to say to sell themselves.

Onward and upward!

Given Jake Parkinson resigned from the SANFL CEO role in October makes me wonder if he'll put his hand up for the role.

Also wonder if they'll try and get Peter Carey or Paul Di Iulio in since they asked them about the Chairman roles and both have CEO roles elsewhere.

I thought of Jake Parkinson as soon as he left the SANFL as a replacement for Fagan
Didn't he say he was hoping to get back into SA Brewing but that is closing down.
And another door opens

This was because Olsen's job at the time was to try and screw the AFC and PAFC. The club was leaving the SANFL ties behind so it was Olsen's job to be hard with the two AFL clubs over the stadium deal, he did a pretty damn good job.

Now the shoe is on the other foot I except the reverse from him. It's all about who is paying you, not who you support, this is business!

If Olsen is smart he will be gunning for a Victorian CEO with ties to SA who knows how to make it work in the vAFL. Kelly would be a good option if he has the CEO hunger, or Neil Balme.
Neale Balme would be a good get. Kelly wouldn't be in my considerations at all. I would be looking at an experienced Victorian operator that has worked at a number of strong organisations such as Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood as both football manager and CEO. Vozzo and Keith Thomas would be some other options.

Olsen has most likely already hand picked his stooge.

Get the move to Thebby over the line and let the SANFL reap more rewards from us for the next 50 years....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Which one of Dean Brown, Rob Kerin, Rob Lucas or Vickie Chapman will he appoint as the puppet CEO?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before we start congratulating Fagan on his commercial acumen and how well he did off the field for the club, lets wait for the 2020 numbers to be released.

Crows are one of the few clubs yet to release their results. It could be ugly.

I thought we were one of the few clubs that didn’t need AFL financial assistance

Before we start congratulating Fagan on his commercial acumen and how well he did off the field for the club, lets wait for the 2020 numbers to be released.

Crows are one of the few clubs yet to release their results. It could be ugly.
Did any club even made a profit last year due to COVID-19 without assistance from the AFL....?

I thought we were one of the few clubs that didn’t need AFL financial assistance
We were able to get bank support via our partnership with Bendigo. My understanding is most clubs ended up being self sufficient. Some results have been surprisingly strong, due to JobKeeper and massive cutbacks in their football department.

Brett Burton and Phil Harper currently preparing their Guy Incognito disguises.

or

Burton
864ac58ff6b88e9430497b56f3947d59.jpg

Harper
aaf5dc34518d7c64c904a29da28e2e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me thinks young Fages lost his protective security blanket when old Chappy boy left.

No doubt Olsen asked Fages to be more focussed on the football side of the business, something he is not comfortable with. Prefers to be a bean counter in the background.

For me, his legacy won’t be about how he handled Phil’s passing. He was spineless and absent as our club was dragged through the mud throughout 2018 and 2019, much like his good mate Chappy. Watching him do sweet FA as he stood by and let others take the blame for the implosion is how I will remember his time here.

This is not a resignation/transition, it’s a firing.
Was about to post exactly this - you're spot on. How a CEO can oversee such a blindly incompetent communications and PR strategy at a time when we needed it most is just confounding.

It's how I'll remember his reign above all else also.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

We got a loan from Bendigo Bank, no real difference from getting AFL funds other than we can spend the $ how we want without needing to open the books for the AFL to see.

The only benefit was that we kept the prying eyes of the AFL out. But seems we've resolved that internally and arrived at the same conclusion. This has been on the cards for years. It's not a surprise, it was as much as a certainty as Trigg being proved a failure. This was made clear months and months ago.

The only benefit was that we kept the prying eyes of the AFL out. But seems we've resolved that internally and arrived at the same conclusion. This has been on the cards for years. It's not a surprise, it was as much as a certainty as Trigg being proved a failure. This was made clear months and months ago.
The mods need to give your threads 'Nostradamas' prefixes

I find it hard to judge how someone in his position has performed. I don't really know where his job starts and stops. I guess if the buck stops at the top, you'd have to say he's underperformed.

He came in talking about wanting us to have the best footy program in the country, and clearly that hasn't been the case. Under his tenure, we ended up requiring a full club review because things had gone so pear-shaped.

Still, as a massive fan of our AFLW side, I have to concede that he also deserves some credit for being the man up top during the formation and success of that team. Although, again, I have no idea what his actual involvement was in that.

In any event, it definitely feels like time to move on. Bring on the next guy, I guess!

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Back