Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we start congratulating Fagan on his commercial acumen and how well he did off the field for the club, lets wait for the 2020 numbers to be released.

Crows are one of the few clubs yet to release their results. It could be ugly.
Unlikely to be too bad IMO. Membership numbers steady, sponsorship unchanged and we actually played footy here albeit under restrictions.

Plus that's got very little to do with Fagan, or any club CEO for that matter

I’ve been saying for a while that our Adam Kelly appointment smells like succession planning, would not surprise me if he’s current front runner.
I'd be surprised, finding a new head of footy right now would be difficult.

I’ve been saying for a while that our Adam Kelly appointment smells like succession planning, would not surprise me if he’s current front runner.
I would be surprised if it was Kelly.....

That said, I have no doubt this timing is planned and we have our candidate well in our sights

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Noble would be pissed. He's been waiting for years to transition into a CEO job and lo and behold, one opens up at his old club right after he commits to a senior coaching role. Doh!
I was thinking this myself last night and what if Noble also fails as a coach....

The footy industry can have short term memory and its hard road back for a failed coach

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We were able to get bank support via our partnership with Bendigo. My understanding is most clubs ended up being self sufficient. Some results have been surprisingly strong, due to JobKeeper and massive cutbacks in their football department.

No, only the 4 financial powerhouses didn't borrow. Everyone else borrowed from the AFL, except us.

Vozzo was in Adelaide last week....... Visiting family.

It would be a mistake to believe in a "messiah" (we only get one of those in our lifetime) but a club like Adelaide certainly needs a strong and visible leader who can shift the club from a playground for the Corporates to a club totally focussed on football.

Promotion from within, or going back to Trigg, Noble or any other insider/former insider would be a terrible idea.

It's a big job requiring energy, passion, judgement, communication skills, dedication. I doubt there are very many out there who are up to it.

Noble would be pissed. He's been waiting for years to transition into a CEO job and lo and behold, one opens up at his old club right after he commits to a senior coaching role. Doh!

Nope, Noble has had his name mentioned for every senior job that's come up. The rise of Brisbane gave him a chance and he's now doing what has always been his first choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a mistake to believe in a "messiah" (we only get one of those in our lifetime) but a club like Adelaide certainly needs a strong and visible leader who can shift the club from a playground for the Corporates to a club totally focussed on football.

Promotion from within, or going back to Trigg, Noble or any other insider/former insider would be a terrible idea.

It's a big job requiring energy, passion, judgement, communication skills, dedication. I doubt there are very many out there who are up to it.
Well we can rule Noble out immediately given he's a head coach, and probably Trigg too.... He might want a job but this one would see him under ENORMOUS scrutiny from Day 1 which he wouldn't want.

Grant Kelly will get his name thrown up I reckon.

Can’t see it happening - people who care about baseball aren’t going to follow some pissant club in a pissant league on the other side of the world.

Our core business is footy - that’s where the focus and resources need to be.
Only so much can be put into and return in to footy core business. Both programs have no impact on the footy program.

Probably indifferent.

My prediction. They're kept around, but as PR insurance so they can make a show of selling off/dumping them to "focus on footy" if on field results stay at rock bottom too long. (Most likely in some way that publicly disrupts the Giants midseason and backfires badly)

I reckon esports is dying a quiet death behind the scenes. Smart gone, no club announcement on that, no announcement re his replacement. Just hoping we all forget we took money from the footy dept to sunk million$ into nothingness.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised, finding a new head of footy right now would be difficult.
I guess there was no timeframe for Fagan's departure. Maybe he'll hang around for this year, Kelly can move across to the CEO role next year and find a new head of footy then. Wasn't Neil Balme interested last time but had to pull out due to health issues? Maybe his health will have improved by later this year?

I guess there was no timeframe for Fagan's departure. Maybe he'll hang around for this year, Kelly can move across to the CEO role next year and find a new head of footy then. Wasn't Neil Balme interested last time but had to pull out due to health issues? Maybe his health will have improved by later this year?
I'm not sure he'd be up for a full time role like that anymore

Well we can rule Noble out immediately given he's a head coach, and probably Trigg too.... He might want a job but this one would see him under ENORMOUS scrutiny from Day 1 which he wouldn't want.

Grant Kelly will get his name thrown up I reckon.

Grant Kelly plays a mean hand of poker. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Back