Roo Ted

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Sebastopol
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Gort Klaatu Barada Nikto
To the NMFC, we are your fans, but we are sick of the shite you have been dishing up, come game day. We don't want to feel embarrassed, come Monday after the game, to say we barrack/support NMFC and have everyone laugh and say....lol Norf...Show some pride for your jumper, your team mates, your fans and pride in your own belief, that you played your heart out and have nothing more to give, we can accept a loss if you give you're all but come up short, not this crap we have seen in 2015......It's up to you, boys.....

Roo this thread would have been popular and well supported after the round one disaster. We've all moved beyond next week. We're looking at next season and the years to come. Beating a Geelong FC with a belly full of flags means absolutely ****ing nothing!

This current group do not have the desire to be any more than 'AFL footballers'. They've shat on you and me to often. We need a massive clean out starting with a decent Cpt as in someone who's a leader of men. Andrew Swallow isn't that person.

Roo this thread would have been popular and well supported after the round one disaster. We've all moved beyond next week. We're looking at next season and the years to come. Beating a Geelong FC with a belly full of flags means absolutely ******* nothing!

This current group do not have the desire to be any more than 'AFL footballers'. They've shat on you and me to often. We need a massive clean out starting with a decent Cpt as in someone who's a leader of men. Andrew Swallow isn't that person.

/End thread.

BE.....the question needs to be addressed :- Why do they play football? Its quite a simple one ......... and Scott (yes unfortunate his has a bad back) needs to rethink the way he is going about things down there. The cuddle them in public and throttle them behind closed doors isn't working, he needs to make example out of those who are constantly not playing to a level near where they should be. For 5 yrs now he has potted easy targets. He needs to a have a full contact practice match with a firehose sprayed onto those premadonna's and announce those wanting to be playing this coming week better show him right there, right then. and if there's injuries too bad. They've had all preseason and 14 weeks of this season to show something and many haven't.

I first started to follow NM when they got Barass in the 70s. For the next 8 or so years as a kid , I breathed footy. I couldnt get enough of it. I still have my old Inside Footy mags from that time. I thrilled over 7 consecutive GF appearances. My hero was Kekka, then Blight. The 78 GF one of the best, IMO even tho we lost. Snake taking all those grabs & nearly winning it off his own boot. 79 came around, NM recruited like mad, got Cornes, Ebert, Bryant etc. The pundits only had one problem in 79, who was north going to beat in the GF. Well as we know it never happened, our best team ever on paper got rolled in the Prelim by CFC. Never made it to the GF. I was devastated, I had never known a GF without NM in it. Somehow I accepted that they wouldnt always win the GF, but at least I knew theyd be in it. It was all downhill from there. Barass left & the rest is history. There were no more GFs for some time.

In the 80s footy took a back seat as life dished up other things, & we were pretty much crap anyway. But I still followed.

In the early 90s, say about 92 it was, It was rekindled after hearing on Grandstand ABC one arvo about a young bloke called Carey.

He was they were saying going to be the hottest player going, it was predicted, big, strong, fast, tough, could kick a mile & was a strong mark. The fire had been rekindled, Carey became better than what they were predicting, He was the King, . Simply the best ever before & after. He with the others gave us the best years of their lifes.

We were one of the most feared clubs in the 90s , we were the bullys from Arden st. Teams used to draw straws to see who played on our best players, Carey, Archer etc, no one wanted to line up on these guys. We were so tough, we would rust when it rained. we commanded & got respect.

Sure we werent invincible, we had shit facilities, ran on the smell of an oily rag, but we never shirked a contest, we had the spirit. it was called Shinboner. IT was ours, it was unique. Opposition clubs knew that we would always take a game up to them, there were no easy games against NM in those days, win or lose. There was no talk in those days about motivation & taking the wrong attitude to the game. The only talk was how many would Carey kick this week. You blokes who missed Carey & the 90s, you missed something very special.

Then as in life all good things come to an end. The King was gone, his best were behind him anyway. But I still followed when Laidly took over, we had good days & bad days, pretty shit mostly & how could any team follow the 90s team of super heroes anyway.

Then along comes Scotty with some pretty silk players, Wells, Jones,Smith, etc, etc. We should win a GF within 3 years it was predicted, here on BF we all agreed.

Well what has happened!, zILCH, we played some good games, beat some good clubs, but have basically failed to deliver. for years it was always gonna be next year. there were excuses galore, bad pre seasons by key players, injuries to key players, Jones, Smith & now Wells.

We made a few finals & we got flogged big time. 2014 looked like we had finally turned the corner, but we got hammered big time in the prelim, but hey at least we made a prelim & were were going to build on it. 2015 was our year.

well all I can say is that these guys are the biggest dissapointment ever, the club has gone soft, killed off old man Shinboner & died. We have no players who can consistently rip a game apart.

I am dissapointed, I am over it, but I will always take an interest.

See you next decade.

Last edited:
I first started to follow NM when they got Barass in the 70s. For the next 8 or so years as a kid , I breathed footy. I couldnt get enough of it. I still have my old Inside Footy mags from that time. I thrilled over 7 consecutive GF appearances. My hero was Kekka, then Blight. The 78 GF one of the best, IMO even tho we lost. Snake taking all those grabs & nearly winning it off his own boot. 79 came around, NM recruited like mad, got Cornes, Ebert, Bryant etc. The pundits only had one problem in 79, who was north going to beat in the GF. Well as we know it never happened, our best team ever on paper got rolled in the Prelim by CFC. Never made it to the GF. It was all downhill from there. Barass left & the rest is history.

In the 80s footy took a back seat as life dished up other things, & we were pretty much crap anyway. But I still followed.

In the early 90s, say about 92 it was, It was rekindled after hearing on Grandstand ABC one arvo about a young bloke called Carey.

He was they were saying going to be the hottest player going, it was predicted, big, strong, fast, tough, could kick a mile & was a strong mark. The fire had been rekindled, Carey became better than what they were predicting, He was the King, . Simply the best ever before & after. He with the others gave us the best years of their lifes.

We were one of the most feared clubs in the 90s , we were the bullys from Arden st. Teams used to draw straws to see who played on our best players, Carey, Archer etc, no one wanted to line up on these guys. We were so tough, we would rust when it rained. we commanded & got respect.

Sure we werent invincible, we had shit facilities, ran on the smell of an oily rag, but we never shirked a contest, we had the spirit. it was called Shinboner. IT was ours, it was unique. Opposition clubs knew that we would always take a game up to them, there were no easy games against NM in those days, win or lose. There was no talk in those days about motivation & taking the wrong attitude to the game. The only talk was how many would Carey kick this week. You blokes who missed the 90s, you missed something very special.

Then as in life all good things come to an end. The King was gone, his best were behind him anyway. But I still followed when Laidly took over, we had good days & bad days, pretty shit mostly & how could any team follow the 90s team of heroes anyway.

Then along comes Scotty with some pretty silk players, Wells, Jones, etc, etc. We should win a GF within 3 years it was predicted, here on BF we all agreed.

Well what has happened!, zILCH, we played some good games, beat some good clubs, but have basically failed to deliver. for years it was always gonna be next year. there were excuses galore, bad pre seasons by key players, injuries to key players, Jones & now Wells.

We made a few finals & we got flogged big time. 2014 looked like we had finally turned the corner, but we got hammered big time in the prelim, but hey at least we made a prelim & were were going to build on it. 2015 was our year.

well all I can say is that these guys are the biggest dissapointment ever, the club has gone soft, killed off old man Shinboner & died.

See you next decade.

You are between 45-50 yrs old?..we saw the best of this Club....so far.

I first started to follow NM when they got Barass in the 70s. For the next 8 or so years as a kid , I breathed footy. I couldnt get enough of it. I still have my old Inside Footy mags from that time. I thrilled over 7 consecutive GF appearances. My hero was Kekka, then Blight. The 78 GF one of the best, IMO even tho we lost. Snake taking all those grabs & nearly winning it off his own boot. 79 came around, NM recruited like mad, got Cornes, Ebert, Bryant etc. The pundits only had one problem in 79, who was north going to beat in the GF. Well as we know it never happened, our best team ever on paper got rolled in the Prelim by CFC. Never made it to the GF. It was all downhill from there. Barass left & the rest is history.

Sure we werent invincible, we had shit facilities, ran on the smell of an oily rag, but we never shirked a contest, we had the spirit. it was called Shinboner. IT was ours, it was unique. Opposition clubs knew that we would always take a game up to them, there were no easy games against NM in those days, win or lose. There was no talk in those days about motivation & taking the wrong attitude to the game. The only talk was how many would Carey kick this week. You blokes who missed the 90s, you missed something very special.

Then as in life all good things come to an end. The King was gone, his best were behind him anyway. But I still followed when Laidly took over, we had good days & bad days, pretty shit mostly & how could any team follow the 90s team of heroes anyway.

Then along comes Scotty with some pretty silk players, Wells, Jones, etc, etc. We should win a GF within 3 years it was predicted, here on BF we all agreed.

Well what has happened!, zILCH, we played some good games, beat some good clubs, but have basically failed to deliver. for years it was always gonna be next year. there were excuses galore, bad pre seasons by key players, injuries to key players, Jones & now Wells.

well all I can say is that these guys are the biggest dissapointment ever, the club has gone soft, killed off old man Shinboner & died.

See you next decade.
Bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back