answer a question, ask a question (general version)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
based on this thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393913
Basically, one person asks a question about general life and the next person answers it. the person that answers it asks another, and it keeps going and going.

RULES:
You must answer a question, and then ask a seperate question on a new line.
If you answer a question at the same time as someone else answering the same question, and the person who answered the question at the same time as you is above you, you must answer his/her question and reinstate yours.

Q: when will it get to 40 degrees in melbourne?

toasted, but i think you will be a bit hungry by now

should i go for a swim at lunch time on the cricket or play guitar hero world tour

Guitar hero.

Q) should i beat my GF little brother up for ratting me out to her old man for sneaking in the window?

Guitar hero.

Q) should i beat my GF little brother up for ratting me out to her old man for sneaking in the window?
don't rat them out, it's dog. just use it as blackmail for a while. If anyone was to rat 'em out it would be your gf, her bro might hate you forever :p

Q) how much will the yen go up by april?

a.) No, wait until he is old enough to have his own GF, then chop his balls off.

Q.) Why do I get a build up of foul, alcohol-smelling earwax when I drink too much wine?

don't rat them out, it's dog. just use it as blackmail for a while. If anyone was to rat 'em out it would be your gf, her bro might hate you forever :p

Na mate, he saw me sneak in and told her old man. Not the other way round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a.) No, wait until he is old enough to have his own GF, then chop his balls off.

Q.) Why do I get a build up of foul, alcohol-smelling earwax when I drink too much wine?

That got me wondering;

So earwax isn't that unusual—it's a compound on a continuum of perfectly normal lipid products produced by cells.

So what, exactly, is in earwax, or cerumen? Here's where it gets ugly. It's a combination of things:

Desquamated keratinocytes. Dead skin cells, in other words, that have peeled off of the epithelia lining the ear canal.
Sebum. This is an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands that are scattered over most of your body. If you don't wash your hair for a few days, you know that oily, greasy substance that builds up? That's sebum.
Various waxes. The dense, waxy part of cerumen is a secretion from specialized glands in the ear canal, the ceruminous glands.
All of these combine into a greasy paste that helps protect the passageway into the ear from invaders. I know I wouldn't want to set foot in it.

For a more detailed analysis of the chemical composition of ear wax, one can do a little chromatography. About half of the dry weight of ear wax is lipid, and it consists of:

Cholesterol and cholesterol esters: 32.5%
Fatty acids: 22.7%
Ceramides: 18.6%
Squalene: 6.4%
Triacylglycerols: 3.0%

****ing yuck!

http://pharyngula.org/index/weblog/comments/that_revolting_article_about_earwax_and_smegma/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back