FTA-TV Anthony Hudson

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think of him as a commentator?

I've seen quite a few posts here saying that they can't stand him, or dislike him. Why? I think he's one of the better commentators going around - certainly a lot better than someone like Walls, Russell and Christensen. I never really understood the so called "animosity" towards him. Is it because his head waggles funny when he talks, or looks like a pre-teen? :confused:

Anyone who thinks commentators barrack too much need to listen to Huddo's call of the last quarter of the Swans/Cats semi in 2005. Brilliant call by a guy who was watching his own team fall apart in front of his eyes.
You can think of 1 game where he shows bias?
Walls and Quarters does it every week their teams play.
Huddo is great will be a shame he's gone from TV next year :thumbsdown:

Kicked off the SEN broadcast of the Pies/Dons game on Sunday by saying he was looking forward to this great clash between Essondon and CARLTON :)

I think he's a good commentator. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic commentator. One of the best going around, although there are slim pickings really. Calls the game how it is, doesn't add garbage into his call like (Taylor and Russell) and works well with his special comments men.

"Nick Davis I see it but I don't believe it" - top 5 commentary calling moment in the last 20 years

Is a good commentator but for some reason I can't stand the guy.

Quarterbrain is by far the worst for Carlton games, he can't/doesn't try to hide his hatred of the mighty Blues at all.

Dude... re-read what I said.

You're agreeing with me. Huddo's call of that game was completely without bias, especially that last quarter. Any neutral observer would never have known that he's a Cats man. The whole part where I said his commentary was 'brilliant' should have given it away.

Geez, some people honestly come here looking to find an argument don't they?

I'm not a fan at all. To say he is the best in the 10 box is like saying drinking urine is better than eating shit.

It all just seems so manufactured with him, I don't find his calling natural in any sense.

I'm in the minority though obviously.

Dude... re-read what I said.

You're agreeing with me. Huddo's call of that game was completely without bias, especially that last quarter. Any neutral observer would never have known that he's a Cats man. The whole part where I said his commentary was 'brilliant' should have given it away.

Geez, some people honestly come here looking to find an argument don't they?
Geez, mate you can replace McAvaney to commentate for 7, can't you.:D:thumbsu:

You idiot.:eek:

I'm in the minority though obviously.

Very much so. Huddo is a great caller. Multi-talented as well. Great call for that Aussie who won gold in the swimming.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Anthony Hudson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back