Anthony Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's about twenty times the player (and person) that Toby Greene is. Horrendous list management by GWS and you get the feeling it will come back to haunt them for a long time.

He's about twenty times the player (and person) that Toby Greene is. Horrendous list management by GWS and you get the feeling it will come back to haunt them for a long time.
I wouldn't go that far. They do have a disgusting amount of midfield talent to choose from. Their list is still a candy store.

But certainly I'd be taking him ahead of Greene based on what they've shown.

I wouldn't go that far. They do have a disgusting amount of midfield talent to choose from. Their list is still a candy store.

But certainly I'd be taking him head of Greene based on what they've shown.
The list can't be that great if Toby Greene is getting a game every week. He's a complete dud who the opposition coaches love getting racking up the touches as he invariably butchers the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrendous list management yet every club passed over Miles with every pick they used in the main draft... Give us a spell.

Poor decision in hindsight but it's not like other clubs were falling over themselves to clean up on GWS' s ineptitude.

Thought we needed 1 or 2 more gem mids to help round out our young crop and getting Miles at a bargain price is a massive win and a rare highlight in a bleak season. Hopefully we'll be seeing him do this for years to come!

The hubris of GWS attempting to create some kind of a super team where all the inside midfielders have exceptional class and skill.

It's a nice idea to think Callan Ward can lead the way and the be backed up by smooth movers like Treloar, Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Hoskin-Elliott, Shiel, O'Rourke and of course Scully and Greene.

But even if it does work like that it's still a few years from happening so why in a year they'd already sold off Taylor Adams and Tyson would they get rid of Miles. It's staggering.

They have a depth of young talls and rucks they needed to keep on their list. As well as needing the extra spots for Josh Hunt and Dylan Addison who regardless of form I think they needed at the club. And cutting down to 46 senior players and just 1 rookie was always going to be a challenge, looking through their list and presuming some guys had contracts for 2014 it's hardly a surprise they had to give up a good player, just not a delisting who comes on this strong. More like the blokes they traded to the dons.

Probably the biggest mistake they made was re-rookying a guy called Sam Schultz instead of giving Miles another shot at GWS in their one rookie spot!

Will get worked out and return to mediocrity next year...
Theres not a heap to work out. Hes not someone with a heap of tricks up his sleeve. He is a very simple player. He gets in and under and wins the ball im contests. He shovels it out to better users of the ball.

Horrendous list management yet every club passed over Miles with every pick they used in the main draft... Give us a spell.

Poor decision in hindsight but it's not like other clubs were falling over themselves to clean up on GWS' s ineptitude.

To be fair, not every team needs a young inside midfielder that can win his own ball. However, this is something that GWS themselves lack.

So you'd say he's Miles better than Toby Greene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back