Anyone else boycotting the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
last year I took the kids to the show, this year im thinking the museam. i'll be home in time to watch the tail end of it...gotta admit though, just can't get that excited about watching other sides play...last nights game was first time ALL season I watched a non richmond game, held my interest coz I backed the hawks :eek:...Non plussed who wins next week...probably prefer Geelong, I have a fair bit of time for what chris scott has been able to do..in fact shit yeah I want the cats to WIN big time

I won't be boycotting it. For me it looks like it will be a cracking game. I will be barracking for the Cats as a one off, due to Geelong being my hometown and the family have pretty much bombarded me to follow them. That, and being a Richmond supporter with dignity and integrity, I could never want the Magpies to win :D

I won't be boycotting it. For me it looks like it will be a cracking game. I will be barracking for the Cats as a one off, due to Geelong being my hometown and the family have pretty much bombarded me to follow them. That, and being a Richmond supporter with dignity and integrity, I could never want the Magpies to win :D

Same. Looking forward to it big time. Living in Geelong I have a lot of mates who are Geelong supporters so i'll join in and support them.

Plus in 07 and 09 after the Cats won the flag the town went off. Even for non Geelong supporters its great to see. People hanging out of cars, dancing on the roads and just having fun. Cops don't seem to worry to much either. As long as there's no fights they don't really care.

Will be watching it in the Virgin Lounge drinking free Crownies. Then up to Sydney on a 6.15pm flight for the NRL GF regardless of who wins tonight.
Living in Barwon Heads in a Geelong stronghold, I just want to escape the place. And I want to rip all those car flags out and scratch their duco.

Will be watching it in the Virgin Lounge drinking free Crownies. Then up to Sydney on a 6.15pm flight for the NRL GF regardless of who wins tonight.
Living in Barwon Heads in a Geelong stronghold, I just want to escape the place. And I want to rip all those car flags out and scratch their duco.

Now thats the spirit:p

I remember 07. Was hard not to, considering my family, including cousins, uncles etc we had a group of about 40 of us all up watching the game at my uncles place with a bbq and everything. They went off and reminded me their run started against us :( Don't know what 2009 was like as I moved at the start of 2008. What part of Geelong were/are ya from?.

It's so nice to see a Geelong and Districts based Tigers supporters. Thought I was the needle in the haystack XD

Ill turn off if Collingwood look like winning.

Cannot stand seeing Collingwood victorious. I will console myself with fact that if they win then it will probably make Buckleys job harder next year and onwards.

Easier to replace a bloke who failed to get this team a premiership in such a year of dominance rather than a two time premiership coach in the last two years.

Anyone miss the days when the morning and early arvo was U19s and Reserves GF and there was some chance of your club being out there. Cant remember us ever being there though.

I remember 07. Was hard not to, considering my family, including cousins, uncles etc we had a group of about 40 of us all up watching the game at my uncles place with a bbq and everything. They went off and reminded me their run started against us :( Don't know what 2009 was like as I moved at the start of 2008. What part of Geelong were/are ya from?.

In Grovey. Watched the 09 Granny at The Eureka which was great. Awesome atmosphere. Went out onto Moorabool St straight after the game and was full of cars and people. I dont think it would be any different this year either.

Cannot stand seeing Collingwood victorious. I will console myself with fact that if they win then it will probably make Buckleys job harder next year and onwards.

Easier to replace a bloke who failed to get this team a premiership in such a year of dominance rather than a two time premiership coach in the last two years.

Same. As much as I hate him, I hate Steven Milne even more, after the drawn GF last year when he had a chance to win the game with like 30 seconds left. Ball came into the forward line with about 30 meters space. Milne charged at the ball, as did O'brien, who came from nowhere, Mlne had about 5 meters on him and saw O'Brien and slowed down, letting it trickle over the boundary line, and collingwood cleared from the stoppage. I despise him even more for being a soft prick.

Tugga i am right there with you on this one. Everyday i see those flags and just shake my head. Would love to do exactly the same thing!

I get jealous every time I see them. It may be only once a year, but my god, it makes me hungry to see the Tigers finally win one. Then, maybe my Cats delirious relatives will get off my case about supporting the Mighty Tiges!

Anyone miss the days when the morning and early arvo was U19s and Reserves GF and there was some chance of your club being out there. Cant remember us ever being there though.

Those were the days. I remember we won the 97 or 98 Reserves Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. As much as I hate him, I hate Steven Milne even more, after the drawn GF last year when he had a chance to win the game with like 30 seconds left. Ball came into the forward line with about 30 meters space. Milne charged at the ball, as did O'brien, who came from nowhere, Mlne had about 5 meters on him and saw O'Brien and slowed down, letting it trickle over the boundary line, and collingwood cleared from the stoppage. I despise him even more for being a soft prick.

That one kills me also.

For Collingwood to be premiershipless by the end of this year would have them wondering if they could ever win one. Things have just gone their way up till now and will next week also and they will have two.

Clokes misses in that GF could be classic football folklore had Milne done what he was meant to do. Wouldnt care if Milne had a statue built of him by the Saints faithful. I would have donated some plaster.

The only thing that got me through the nineties was watching Rose and Shaw drive them into the ground.

That one kills me also.

For Collingwood to be premiershipless by the end of this year would have them wondering if they could ever win one. Things have just gone their way up till now and will next week also and they will have two.

Clokes misses in that GF could be classic football folklore had Milne done what he was meant to do. Wouldnt care if Milne had a statue built of him by the Saints faithful. I would have donated some plaster.

The only thing that got me through the nineties was watching Rose and Shaw drive them into the ground.

Was at a friends party for the GF, and when Milne shirked the contest, I have never seen 40 people unaminously shout every expletive under the sun at teh same time, directed at one person. It was a thing of beauty :thumbsu:

Hey guys I leave for overseas on GF day,any chance that ill be able to watch it on the plane (Flying V Australia) ive only ever flown once a few yrs ago and they had some pay-tv channels so im hoping i might get lucky

Yep now I remember it

Richmond 17.12.114 d Hawthorn 10.10.70

Stephen Jurica playing for the Hawks. It was his last AFL game. shame it didnt go any further but I would have hated to see him rip it up for Hawthorn.

Haha i forgot he went to Hawthorn. All I remember from that day is Andrew Kellaway playing.

I would rather Geelong win but financially better of if the pies get up.

I really am seriously not interested.

A plain regimented team versus and older team on its last legs. Really nothing excites me and frankly some of the better teams of yesteryear would tear up both these teams. Geelong v WC was torture, honestly why did WC turn up and you could say that for EFC, and a few other teams making up the numbers in the flatest finals campaign I have ever seen. Some of these teams will fall over big time in 3 years and if Pendles go to GWS that will be the end of the Pies.

On refection a full team list Hawthorn would beat both these teams.

So boring, I will probably watch as I am a die hard but this time I could easily be distracted. Who are the seagulls playing???

Whens Richmond first practice match BTW, that sounds more interesting!!!

Started off well Tugg. Not happy about the defence there though and tin ass conversion. :(

Mate i'm from there, and went through school in Geelong. An absolute nightmare and have a deep hatred for them, as well as envy. Collingwood can get f'd though so go the cats.

Living in Geelong has been hell the last few years. The town has become so arrogant and everyone from out of town i meet says "oh you're from Geelong how about those cats" apparantly you live there you go for them. Sick to death of it. The Geelong Advertiser is just unbelieveable. I'll be going for the pies. If the pies win i might even borrow a mates scarf and hit up town to shit the supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else boycotting the GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back