Anyone else excited?

Remove this Banner Ad

These next two weeks excite me quite a bit, massive massive challenges for our football club IMO.
We're going to be undermanned but are playing one very good side and another side on the rise away from home.
I don't believe its a real reflection on us if we go 0-2 with our current injury list but geez if we go 2-0 then were gonan be rockin and rollin come September when we get the big boys back in the side.

I love it when the Cats come to Subi, maybe cos i'm living in Geelong i have built this rivalry to be more then it is - but we have had 3 very good hard contests against them at Subi in the past 3 years.

Then we get the Crows at AAMI and big Pav breaks Shane Parkers games record reaching 239 in his home town.

These next two weeks excite me quite a bit, massive massive challenges for our football club IMO.
We're going to be undermanned but are playing one very good side and another side on the rise away from home.
I don't believe its a real reflection on us if we go 0-2 with our current injury list but geez if we go 2-0 then were gonan be rockin and rollin come September when we get the big boys back in the side.

I love it when the Cats come to Subi, maybe cos i'm living in Geelong i have built this rivalry to be more then it is - but we have had 3 very good hard contests against them at Subi in the past 3 years.

Then we get the Crows at AAMI and big Pav breaks Shane Parkers games record reaching 239 in his home town.

excited? man, come Saturday 4:00 i will probably wee in my pants a little. I still havent seen a game of footy this year, and i'll be there @ Subi come saturday... Fly home tomorrow woo hoo....

Really looking forward to the game but my confidence is low. We limped over the line against a side that finished near the bottom of the table last year which was missing Rischettelli, Brennan and Power for the match, lost Brown and Staker during the game, and Black was struggling too. Great to get the 4 points but a Geelong side minus Scarlett, Ablett and probably Selwood is far stronger than the team we beat in the last minute on the weekend.

The Cats also get an extra days break which makes a big difference second up.

Will be rapt to go 1-1 from this 2 game stretch

Would love for the win to be against Geelong as well. Adelaide I highly doubt we'll beat but then again, I thought that about Brisbane in Round 1 so you never know

Really looking forward to the game but my confidence is low. We limped over the line against a side that finished near the bottom of the table last year which was missing Rischettelli, Brennan and Power for the match, lost Brown and Staker during the game, and Black was struggling too. Great to get the 4 points but a Geelong side minus Scarlett, Ablett and probably Selwood is far stronger than the team we beat in the last minute on the weekend.

The Cats also get an extra days break which makes a big difference second up.
Dunno dom. We were awful on the weekend, but have typically been pretty good against the Cats at home in the past few seasons.

2008 - lost by 1 point
2009 - lost by 19 points (after dubious decision)
2010 - won

And it's not like the Cats don't like Subi considering what they've come over and done to West Coast in recent years.

Dunno dom. We were awful on the weekend, but have typically been pretty good against the Cats at home in the past few seasons.

2008 - lost by 1 point
2009 - lost by 19 points (after dubious decision)
2010 - won

And it's not like the Cats don't like Subi considering what they've come over and done to West Coast in recent years.

Hope you're right, I obviously haven't seen a lot of our pre-season from this side of the country but the NAB games against WCE and Hawthorn and last week against Brissie were underwhelming to say the least.

This week might be a bit like the Fremantle sides of 5 or 6 years ago where we'll get an early indication of whether we're in for a good day or not. If Mundy, Duffield, Hill start well my confidence levels will increase dramatically.

The Chris Scott factor is hard to measure too.

I think we should be favourites.

It's funny how people see things differently, if I was a bookie I'd be looking to take as many bets on Fremantle at the current odds of $1.70 as possible.

Even money for either team to win by less than 24.5 points looks the best bet IMO.

The Curtain Raiser is pretty exciting too!
East Perth v North Ballarat in the Foxtel cup at 2.30. How do you get a formline on that?

Formline is that NB have played in 3 GFs in a row and play in a more powerful league so as long as they take the comp seriously they should give EP a bit of a whacking.
Its a shame SA ended up with their lower ranked sides otherwise you can just about guarantee the cup would be going there, instead its likely to head to Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fair bit in the media has been said about the benefit of game time in Mundy and Hill which is spot on.

Will definitely be a challenge but I suspect with the inclusion of Anthony in the forward line, we may look quite a bit different structurely.

Formline is that NB have played in 3 GFs in a row and play in a more powerful league so as long as they take the comp seriously they should give EP a bit of a whacking.
Its a shame SA ended up with their lower ranked sides otherwise you can just about guarantee the cup would be going there, instead its likely to head to Vic.

You fail to take into account home advantage. The state league players are semi professional so you would think travel would have an impact on their side. North Ballarat could even have players that have never been to Perth before let alone played a game in 30 degrees heat.

Would love to have seen the Swannies side of last year with Krak, Sun Sun, Clancy, Coniglio etc take one of these Vic mobs on. Mind you East Perth looked to have recruited well and seem to be in pretty good nick. I'm going early to see a bit of it. Curious to see if there is much difference in class between the sides.

If all fit? Easy.

B: Garrick Ibbotson Antoni Grover Alex Silvagni
HB: Greg Broughton Luke McPharlin Paul Duffield
C: Anthony Morabito Michael Barlow Stephen Hill
HF: Ryan Crowley Michael Johnson Nathan Fyfe
F: Hayden Ballantyne Matthew Pavlich Chris Mayne

Foll: Aaron Sandilands David Mundy Rhys Palmer

Int: Adam McPhee Nick Lower Matthew de Boer

Sub: Nick Suban

Last weeks game really was a game of two halves. You could see the difference in players like Hill, Mundy, Sandi, Suban and McPhee before and after the half time break. These were guys who just needed a run and blow out the cob webs. Expect the whole team to come out firing at home at the same time.

Plus it was the first game for Pitt and Lower (in our team) so they will be better for the experience.

Plus with DeBoer coming in will only strengthen our side.

At home with a switched on team against a team that has lost their best player and best defender.

Freo by 14

If all fit? Easy.

SPOT ON CLAY:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

...Although i would love to have Mzungu in there and i can only see Suban making way and he is the SUB!!!!

B: Slivagni Grover Broughton

HB: Mzungu McPharlin Duffield

C: Morabito Barlow Hill

HF: Mayne Pav Fyfe

FF: Ballantyne Anthony De Boer

Rucks: Sandilands Mundy Lower

Int: McPhee Crowley Walters

Sub: Johnson

Unlucky: Suban, Palmer, Ibbotson, Hayden, Roberton, Keps

I see Lower as Palmer with a better left leg

**** that's a bloody good team. I think you need to extend that unlucky list. Find it very hard to believe that we wouldn't be able to fit Suban and Palmer in but I'm struggling to find them a place. Suban would probably be ahead of Crowley imo. Who needs to tag when we have so many damaging players.

Also, Palmer is probably ahead of or on par with Mora even if Mora is set to soar ahead of him in future years.

If all fit? Easy.

Which leaves out Jack Anthony, Crichton, Faulks, Mzungu, Roberton, Pitt, Van Berlo, Walters... Not that I disagree, personally maybe Roberton ahead of Ibbotson but can't really say till Ibbo gets a few games fit and Mzungu except having not played an afl game that's expectation rather than experience but yeah excited about that list :D.

The rd 1 win was so important, one more win and our seasons going to be ok come the first bye and any more will set us up well.

Less excited about missing the first home game of the season doing a tiling course so I can help tile someone else's house :(.

Nice. When in Fremantle, do as the Romans. I'm in, even if it's only so I can look back at this when I'm puting together our GF side this year for comparison.

B Broughton Grover Silvagni
HB Ibbotson McPharlin Duffield
C Morabito Mundy Hill
HF Fyfe Pavlich Mayne
F de Boer Anthony Ballantyne
R Sandilands Barlow Palmer

I Roberton Walters McPhee

S Crowley

I have certainly let my bias towards the likes of Roberton and Walters show, because strong cases could be made for Suban, Lower and MJ.

I'm so very excited, however, my work has stuffed my roster and I most probably will not finish until 4.45pm leaving me just under and hour to get from Rockingham to Subiaco without getting a speeding fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else excited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back