Anyone else reckon Warney

Remove this Banner Ad

Stafford678

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2004
Other Teams
Richmond
Should start to shut his mouth, the bloke is a champion best bowler the game has seen but god i am sick of him lately, he appeals for everything , yells out catch anytime the ball goes in the air even if its no where near a player. The bigger thing that sticks out in my mind is how in this past year he has called Strauss , Kemp and Prince(he couldnt make up his mind which one ) " the new Darryl" now come on warnie they can't all be a cullinan

I don't rate kemp as a test batsman but he played out pretty much the whole day of the first test too draw the game , come on warney if hes that bad how come you didn't get him out, he then decided that since he couldnt get Kemp out he called Prince the new Darryl, and now look at prince he has hit his first 100 vs Australia and doing it with ease, and was allso given out when he wasnt last test

Stafford678 said:
Should start to shut his mouth, the bloke is a champion best bowler the game has seen but god i am sick of him lately, he appeals for everything , yells out catch anytime the ball goes in the air even if its no where near a player. The bigger thing that sticks out in my mind is how in this past year he has called Strauss , Kemp and Prince(he couldnt make up his mind which one ) " the new Darryl" now come on warnie they can't all be a cullinan

I just wish he'd shut up. He's a great bowler, one of the best ever. I refuse to name him number one because there are simply so many to choose from (Lillee, Marshall, Ambrose for starters). Regrettably it seems he has to belittle everyone else as well. Apparently his magnificent deeds on the pitch aren't enough.

It happens when you have never been told NO by anyone in your life. You don't know when you cross that line.He is having a shocker of a year with his off field and onfield behavour.Cricket Australia have wacked him over the knuckles for saying what he did in the paper about Smith.

I don't particularly like all his antics but they are part of the Warne package.
He is like Lleyton Hewitt.Take away the aggression and competitiveness and you take away their biggest advantage.

Barry Schneider said:
I don't particularly like all his antics but they are part of the Warne package.
He is like Lleyton Hewitt.Take away the aggression and competitiveness and you take away their biggest advantage.
Too true. If you want Warney then you take all the baggage as well with him. Get over it, he's been doing it for years and no-ones made a fuss about it, now all of a sudden it's a problem?

RoosterLad said:
warney can appeal and sledge as much as he likes, he is a God

Great player - absolutely and unquestionably. God? I don't think so. But you can add drug cheat, bribe taker, liar, loudmouth and bully to any of the above descriptions.

I would argue he hasn't always been like this either. I can't remember him mouthing off above opposition teams and players that often in his early days. Maybe a little about Cullinan, but not much else. Now it seems it's every test he wants to have a crack at everyone and everybody.

Barry Schneider said:
I agree. One of the reasons Warne is successful is because he psychologically destroys opponents (eg his bunnies).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute ********er of a man is Shane Warne, i cannot handle the guy at all. He is a complete idiot. The only good thing about the guy is his cricketing ability. He's dumb which is quite obvious from what has happened with his SMS troubles, hes a lying cheating ********er, and he is a loud mouth.

Stafford678 said:

I don't rate kemp as a test batsman but he played out pretty much the whole day of the first test too draw the game , come on warney if hes that bad how come you didn't get him out, he then decided that since he couldnt get Kemp out he called Prince the new Darryl, and now look at prince he has hit his first 100 vs Australia and doing it with ease, and was allso given out when he wasnt last test

Couldn't agree more. I just love it when he yells 'catch' as the batsman plays a solid forward defensive shot directly into the ground.

He may be a champion player but his cricket ettiquette is nothing short of embarrassing.

i just can't get over how he tries to call everyone a Darryl first off he said it was strauss, he seemed to do okay in the ashes they won them, now he went from saying kemp was his bunny so what happens kemp plays out a day for the saffies and gets the draw, now he claimed prince to b his bunny but prince did well last test 2nd dig, given out when he wasnt and again today on an SCG wicket he made a ton and was given out to a shocking shocking LBW call.

And aswell one day hes bagging murali in the papers the next he's bagging smith, Warne used to be my cricket idol but i just can't stand him now, hes worse then the sub continent spinners appealing for everything and get excited even when the batsman plays a forward defensive shot into the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else reckon Warney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back