Remove this Banner Ad

Ryder_Hooker

Senior List
May 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi All,

Dont post on here often, but thought I'd post a new thread. I know I'm getting in early but Anzac day is coming upon us in the near future. Tickets went on sale last week for away members and AFL members last week.

Today the remaining tickets were released to the general public and other essendon members (I think :confused:).

I bought my tickets this morning and looking forward to the encounter, as I missed it last year :mad:

This will be my first Anzac Day game since the 1995 draw, where I sat on old wooden seats the top row of the old ponsford stand. This time around I'll be in the Southern stand amongst Essendon faithfuls - I hope.

Will we triumph again, or will Collingwood be out to avenge us and give us a thumping.....??

Cant wait!

0,5001,6595166,00.jpg

I will be there - for my 1st Anzac Day!! Can't wait!

I'm in section M9 :thumbsu:

Will be a very close match i think..won't really know how both teams are traveling until after the first few rounds though, so will have to wait and see..

I will be there - for my 1st Anzac Day!! Can't wait!

I'm in section M9 :thumbsu:

Will be a very close match i think..won't really know how both teams are traveling until after the first few rounds though, so will have to wait and see..

I'm also in M9!

Good point adii_7, I made it to the Saints game last year. Easily the best game I've even been too! I think I nearly passed out from screaming so much!! :eek:

I'm also in M9!

Good point adii_7, I made it to the Saints game last year. Easily the best game I've even been too! I think I nearly passed out from screaming so much!! :eek:

I was at both games last year. Saints was a great game, but the MCG stands vibrated from the noise when Zaka put that goal through.

And to top it off I was there with a mate of mine, who is a loud Collingwood supporter :cool:

second best day of my life anzac day 2009

best day was when we beat st kilda by 2 points :)

how old are you??? if your older than 10 then 2000 gf has to be the best day of your life!!!!

Will be going again this year. Hoping to get tickets some time this week.

I was higher than the nose bleeds last year. Row DD. Last row right behind the goals at the Punt Road End. Hoping for slightly better seats this year, but doubt it.

This ill hopefully be my 3rd Anzac Day. The first being way back in 2003 when Hird went nuts and last year. Hopefully this ill be just as good.

Had a reasonably good run with going to games last year, went to:
- Carlton twice
- Round 5 Collingwood
- Hawthorn twice
- St. Kilda twice

Ableit there were other games, losses and wins, but all 7 of those games were impressive performances by us. Only been to 3 ANZAC day games, last year, Hird tearing them apart (2004?) and the infamous Laycock/Lovett game. And i'll be there again this year ;)

Dead set, there is no better atmosphere than ANZAC day footy. After being on a europe trip, seeing Barcelona play in front of a full crowd, I came away saying ANZAC day was better. There is nothing more special that when the roar of the crowd drowns out the last line of the national anthem!

Sitting front row of Q14. Can't wait!!!

Shit, thanks for the reminder.

Mental note: must think about getting visitors tickets. Must think...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit, thanks for the reminder.

Mental note: must think about getting visitors tickets. Must think...

Speaking of visitors tickets, I'm purchasing my membership this week, and I was after a reserved seat. My g/f or mates often come with me, but not all the time. Are you able to get guest seats near where your reserved seat would be?

Any info much appreciated.....emailed the footy club today but didn't get a response.

Yea cant wait last year went to the Anzac and saints game and its the best feeling ever not being able to hear anything and the ground vibrating its why i love being an essendon supporter

Dead set, there is no better atmosphere than ANZAC day footy. After being on a europe trip, seeing Barcelona play in front of a full crowd, I came away saying ANZAC day was better. There is nothing more special that when the roar of the crowd drowns out the last line of the national anthem!

Sitting front row of Q14. Can't wait!!!

if you want to goto 1 game a year, doesnt matter what team you barrack for, Anzac day is the 1 to goto......however i dont think anything will ever beat the atmosphere of being in Vancouver after Canada won the hockey Gold in the olympics...i had their national anthem stuck in my head for 3days, i must have heard it 20times!!!!

Speaking of visitors tickets, I'm purchasing my membership this week, and I was after a reserved seat. My g/f or mates often come with me, but not all the time. Are you able to get guest seats near where your reserved seat would be?

Any info much appreciated.....emailed the footy club today but didn't get a response.

AFAIK, because its always a possibility that the seats next to yours could be reserved by somebody else, you basically need to:

a) get them memberships too and ask to be seated together. Which you probably dont want to do, the other option being

b)you get a general admission membership and just go and get your ticket from the ticket box when your mates go and buy theirs so you're all seated together (at the dome that is).

Then again I'm no expert and I'm just giving you the conclusions I came to after trying to figure out my membership options this year so I could be wrong.

how old are you??? if your older than 10 then 2000 gf has to be the best day of your life!!!!

the 2000 grand final i didn't really care for footy that much. i still went to that game and i sat just near that controversial james hird boundary call..

wasn't a bad game, but 2009 i was 100% aboard. i was 9 years old 2000.

I got my tickets last friday im in afl members N28 cant wait, went to last years anzac game and it was the best feeling.
1993 granny was a better feeling than 2000 cos we beat carlscum ;).

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZAC Day 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back