Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazzarjo

Hows the forgotten man oxley looking?
Is there any chance he ever plays again in your opimion?
Thanks
He was sporting what looks like a fox's tail on the back of his head. Perhaps a mohawk in the making? I think his time is over and was surprised he's lasted as long as he has to be honest. I can't find a position for him.

He was sporting what looks like a fox's tail on the back of his head. Perhaps a mohawk in the making? I think his time is over and was surprised he's lasted as long as he has to be honest. I can't find a position for him.

Suspect we'd have parted ways if he wasn't contracted for 2018. I guess that means his future is in his hands so he either stakes a claim or departs at season's end.

Nice to hear Murphy is looking the goods. I can't help but think that Murphy and Stephenson could turn into a Pendles Daisy like combination. One with speed and xfactor and another who plays clean and clinical. Here's hoping.

Apologies if I have missed it but just wondering how Tyler Brown is traveling? What position is he playing during match practices drills?

For those wondering about the port, it was OK, but has a peculiar aftertaste. I'm hoping that aftertaste is a harbinger of a 2018 premiership. I had only one glass. I'm thinking of a glass (small) each win this year.

Hopefully you run out by mid season.

If Oxley plays this year, we are in some big trouble.

Or the exact opposite. (Hear me out).

IMO Oxley is a great reader, marker and user of the ball when he has time and space. (When he doesnt have that time and space though, he really struggles).

Put him on a team that plays fast, attacking footy, and play him as a loose man in front of the defence, and he could be a very useful player in leading a transition or a rebound. I reckon he would look very good at a team like the Crows, Eagles (at Subi) or the Hawks.

Now, in reality, we are not that team, and in all liklihood will be scrapping for 8-12 wins for the year in the kind of games that Ox really struggles.

But if we somehow start to add that attacking flair to our game, then I reckon someone like Ox could suprise a few.

IMO Oxley is a great reader, marker and user of the ball when he has time and space. (When he doesnt have that time and space though, he really struggles).

Put him on a team that plays fast, attacking footy, and play him as a loose man in front of the defence, and he could be a very useful player in leading a transition or a rebound. I reckon he would look very good at a team like the Crows, Eagles (at Subi) or the Hawks.

Now, in reality, we are not that team, and in all liklihood will be scrapping for 8-12 wins for the year in the kind of games that Ox really struggles.

But if we somehow start to add that attacking flair to our game, then I reckon someone like Ox could suprise a few.
I’d rather give that role to Murphy if that’s the case. He’s going to give the same output imo. He’s in the future plans not Ox.

Ye

Yeah his def in the AFL'S top 10

WORST PLAYERS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might be right, but those kinds of games don't persist in finals anyway, and we don't want him anywhere near our team in the finals if it's a tight contest. With the position of our list I don't see the point in giving him games as even Mayne is a better long-term prospect IMO, as at least he's a proven finals player.

Well Sier actually looked to be engaging today. Last year at training he seemed to be a loner and from what I could see, didn't converse much with his teammates. Today players were engaging with him and he them. He also got involved in a few passages of play. Kirby was pretty active and has maintained a decent body profile. He is obviously working hard. Way ahead of where he was this time last year.

On Kirby; where is he right now; does he look more likely to be a 22 selection compared to the last round against the dees last year? Or too hard to tell given he knows his opposition at training vs opposition on game day?

I’d rather give that role to Murphy if that’s the case. He’s going to give the same output imo. He’s in the future plans not Ox.

You might be right, but those kinds of games don't persist in finals anyway, and we don't want him anywhere near our team in the finals if it's a tight contest. With the position of our list I don't see the point in giving him games as even Mayne is a better long-term prospect IMO, as at least he's a proven finals player.

And I agree with both of you. (More regarding Murphy than Mayne).

I'm just saying that I can envision a way for Oxley to have a role on a succesful team, and that is probably why he is still on the list (though likely gone at the end of this contract)

And I agree with both of you. (More regarding Murphy than Mayne).

I'm just saying that I can envision a way for Oxley to have a role on a succesful team, and that is probably why he is still on the list (though likely gone at the end of this contract)

His kicking is not all it's cracked up to be when he feels pressured either. It always looks great (trajectory pace flight/spin) but he has a habit of it either landing at the leading players feet or just over their head (when under pressure real or perceived).

These players come finals tend to be shown up. As you say in time and space he is a great kick but not so much when the heats on.

For those wondering about the port, it was OK, but has a peculiar aftertaste. I'm hoping that aftertaste is a harbinger of a 2018 premiership. I had only one glass. I'm thinking of a glass (small) each win this year.
Like the theory

I have a bottle of Shane Woewodin Melbourne port at home. Used to have a bet with a Melb supporter for a bottle of wine each time we played. When we beat them after Woey had come to us he gave me that for the win even after I told him I didn't think it qualified on the basis of a good quality red

I haven't worked out a good use for it yet.

Like the theory

I have a bottle of Shane Woewodin Melbourne port at home. Used to have a bet with a Melb supporter for a bottle of wine each time we played. When we beat them after Woey had come to us he gave me that for the win even after I told him I didn't think it qualified on the basis of a good quality red

I haven't worked out a good use for it yet.

Apparently it's okay to clean silverware with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back