Jun 10, 2005
Other Teams
melbourne
XC V GC
SC V CAUL
MGS V SKC
BGS V GGS
HC - BYE
thoughts? Xavier will come out and show how good they really are this week, beating an overated geelong team. GO XAVS

Went out to Todd oval today, just like to say loved watching St Kevins get done by 10 goals, after been clearly the better side all first half - hahahahahaha. Umpires gifted the game to the MGS boys who ran away with it after number 3 for skevs was sent of for nudge, number 11 for no reason, Dixon gave away a free kick for staring at a player - might have touched his fingernail in the process and the umpires just lost it at the same time so did skc. Well done mgs great win, well umpired aswell - stiff ******** skevies!!

Xavs01 unfortunately would agree with u on a few things, umpires were the worst i have ever seen in the aps. Absolutely ripped the game away from been a great contest. Person who had the biggest impact on the game was un doubtebly the fat prick umpire who sent of two skevs boys for NO reason at all, and thats even from the MGS parents who were just laughing at the first one!! As well as many stupid decisions he proceeded to give. Best players for skevs were keogh, dixon, neuman and matt murphy probs in a dissapointing second half perfromance.
Didnt focus too much on the MG boys but Tom Paule played a great game with a few fowards kicking bags

Watched the replay, 26 free kicks to 6 after 1/4 time in this game. Got a MG friend to watch with me - he agreed should been like 11 - 8, i thought 10-10. Clearly fukd up, dont know wat was going thru their heads. And the send off of murphy was agreed by all, an absolute disgrace to APS footy. Other leagues now have everything over this pathetic weak league if thats the new ruleing.

Scotch thumped Caulfield today. About 130-60.
WIth the big full-forward, Jacobs, injured scotch had to use Rioli in that role to good effect with him finishing with about 6 goals. Nathan Djkurra starred in the midfield and should go alright in the U18 carnival for NT. Nick Smith played his best game all year dominating in the midfield with his delivery second to none. Ainger was moved to CHB and did solidly. Jack Davis was at his best.
They will give it a good shake against Haileybury.
Caulfields best was no.5 and there was missing their captain, Eddy whose playing in the championships this week.

yeah actual scotch scores were 19-14-128, to caulfield, 9-6-60. Rioli played full forward for most of the second half and kicked 7.2. As well as the guys davo said, Oshannesy had prbly best game of the season. No. 5 for Caul was easily best for them, apparently he played aps soccer last year and wanted to give footy a go, jeez.

cfc05 said:
Watched the replay, 26 free kicks to 6 after 1/4 time in this game. Got a MG friend to watch with me - he agreed should been like 11 - 8, i thought 10-10. Clearly fukd up, dont know wat was going thru their heads. And the send off of murphy was agreed by all, an absolute disgrace to APS footy. Other leagues now have everything over this pathetic weak league if thats the new ruleing.

Saw MGS vs GGS last year and not sure whether the umpires were the same people but it the umpiring was embarasing in favor of the home team MGS. At an important stage in the last quarter when scores were very close a GGS player took mark in the forward 40. A MGS player behind the umpire abused the umpire who thought it was a GGS player making the comment, the umpire immediately awarded a free to the MGS player. Then another MGS player behind the umpire laughed and the umpire thought it was a GGS player and awarded two 25 metre penalties against GGS so the MGS player kicked a goal from 20 metres out. There were many other examples of poor umpiring on the day. And yes, the MGS parents were embarased by the umpires that favoured the MGS team so heavily and made more than the difference in the end for MGS to win.

xavs01 said:
XC V GC
SC V CAUL
MGS V SKC
BGS V GGS
HC - BYE
thoughts? Xavier will come out and show how good they really are this week, beating an overated geelong team. GO XAVS

Went out to Todd oval today, just like to say loved watching St Kevins get done by 10 goals, after been clearly the better side all first half - hahahahahaha. Umpires gifted the game to the MGS boys who ran away with it after number 3 for skevs was sent of for nudge, number 11 for no reason, Dixon gave away a free kick for staring at a player - might have touched his fingernail in the process and the umpires just lost it at the same time so did skc. Well done mgs great win, well umpired aswell - stiff ******** skevies!!

Saw BGS vs GGS yesterday. Big win to BGS. Scores were 3 goals each after 10 minutes but then BGS pulled away till half time. Third quarter was even on the scoreboard. Last quarter BGS kicked a bag of goals. Interesting player the BGS number 44 who was the biggest player on the ground and played a reasonably game. Behind the play he came from behind and ran past a much smaller GGS player and used his elbow to clip the head of the GGS player. In the next quarter, again behind the play he came from behind and a swung a heavy round arm punch into the midriff of another much smaller GGS player. An AFL club director who saw both immediately crossed a name off his list of list of players he was noting. I guess the AFL clubs are looking for a different type of courage. One GGS player was reported for verballing a BGS player. Well organised forward line BGS and the BGS number 7 had a hand in a dozen goals.

number 44 for BGS is a dirty player who has no chance of making it, when playing MGS after not getting much of the ball or hit-outs he then resorted to spitting on players. Obviously extremely insecure if he finds the need to hit smaller players behind play and spit on people!

Oldfart can you name the GGS plsyer reported?
How may possies did Maguiness for BGS conjure up? Is there any BGS players in your eyes possible of being drafted either this year or 2006?
Was Tom Foster looked at closely by the Mr AFL man?

Cheers

headovathepill said:
Oldfart can you name the GGS plsyer reported?
How may possies did Maguiness for BGS conjure up? Is there any BGS players in your eyes possible of being drafted either this year or 2006?

Cheers

Did not pay that much attention to it at the time. Was about 20 metres away, saw the umpire talking the GGS player for quite a while, was told after the game that the umpire made the report for what the GGS player audibly called his opponent. Did see his opponent slipping in a few short ones just prior to that. You know what they say - the player who retaliates usually gets reported.

There were no standouts for BGS just a good even team and I thought the most effective player for BGS was their number 7 who was very creative in the forward line and had a dozen or so goal assists. Getting drafted into AFL is a very long shot and if I remember correctly either last year or the year before only 5 TAC players were drafted. You have to be a player that the AFL clubs believe has good body size and athleticism with enormous scope for skills improvement (i.e., ruckmen), or just an outstanding talent for example Judd, Ball, Watts, when you watched them play you knew they would be good AFL players straight away.

Do not know who was being watched or why. The GGS coach is very well respected and connected in football circles and if AFL scouts are really interested in learning about players they usually place a lot of importance on the coach's opinions. As much as anything scouts at APS matches are looking for the smokey, for example there are a lot of very good footballers who are not "in the system" because of study priorities and other circumstances and they understand that. The TAC carnivals, Vic metro vs Vic country and Australian championships are where the scouts go to really size up players that are "in the system". These days, each AFL club seems to pick up one smokey each year in their later round picks as project players but mostly these are big men like the basketballer Dean Brogan for Port Adelaide.

just on that ********er from bgs no.44, mate you are an absolute flog and have no skills what so ever... saw you against xavier and mgs trying to start fights all over the place, mate how about concentrating on getting a kick for once and stop thinking your a ********in hero cheap shoting people when they dont expect it... you should start being more like your older brother who is a much better bloke and footballer than you... tosser...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:(

Do not know who was being watched or why. The GGS coach is very well respected and connected in football circles and if AFL scouts are really interested in learning about players they usually place a lot of importance on the coach's opinions. As much as anything scouts at APS matches are looking for the smokey, for example there are a lot of very good footballers who are not "in the system" because of study priorities and other circumstances and they understand that. The TAC carnivals, Vic metro vs Vic country and Australian championships are where the scouts go to really size up players that are "in the system". These days, each AFL club seems to pick up one smokey each year in their later round picks as project players but mostly these are big men like the basketballer Dean Brogan for Port Adelaide.[/QUOTE]

It is well documented that the Vic Metros coach Dickson picks mature bodies for his carnival side, which is why these players do not nessacerily have much scope for improvement, therefor not get picked up in november. I doubt you have been to alot of TAc cup matches but it is often the case that teams have a large % of these mature players. From my experience if you are looking for a player with large scope you can't often look past some of the tallented footballers playing school footy. Eg andrew Mackie went at pick 7 and he only played school football and last year James Gwilt although he alredy was a mature player. Commitments with private school football often means that players can't show there tallent on a higher stage so that is why tallent scouts look closely at the school systems.

My question asked before was more a curiosity question because I have heard plenty of yap about 1 or 2 BGS players. Did Jake Muir play because he is playing for VIc Metro this week?

headovathepill said:
:(

Do not know who was being watched or why. The GGS coach is very well respected and connected in football circles and if AFL scouts are really interested in learning about players they usually place a lot of importance on the coach's opinions. As much as anything scouts at APS matches are looking for the smokey, for example there are a lot of very good footballers who are not "in the system" because of study priorities and other circumstances and they understand that. The TAC carnivals, Vic metro vs Vic country and Australian championships are where the scouts go to really size up players that are "in the system". These days, each AFL club seems to pick up one smokey each year in their later round picks as project players but mostly these are big men like the basketballer Dean Brogan for Port Adelaide.

It is well documented that the Vic Metros coach Dickson picks mature bodies for his carnival side, which is why these players do not nessacerily have much scope for improvement, therefor not get picked up in november. I doubt you have been to alot of TAc cup matches but it is often the case that teams have a large % of these mature players. From my experience if you are looking for a player with large scope you can't often look past some of the tallented footballers playing school footy. Eg andrew Mackie went at pick 7 and he only played school football and last year James Gwilt although he alredy was a mature player. Commitments with private school football often means that players can't show there tallent on a higher stage so that is why tallent scouts look closely at the school systems.

My question asked before was more a curiosity question because I have heard plenty of yap about 1 or 2 BGS players. Did Jake Muir play because he is playing for VIc Metro this week?[/QUOTE]

The best players for BGS were 7, 17 and 23.

On James Gwilt, my information is that he has grown in the last year and St.Kilda may have a future Mal Michael in body size.

headovathepill said:

Cheers

Not sure but he has done alright this season. Last 4 games - 33 possessions vs HC, 38 vs SC, 25 vs MGS and 35+ vs BGS - not counting tackles and marks.

Go the Xavs, great win, who is no.33 from Xav, I thought that he played really well and also no.17 from Geel, i think he kicked about 8 or 9 goals. Good thing to see after the last day of school for the semester

Remove this Banner Ad

APS ROUND 8a

Remove this Banner Ad

Back