• 5-6

Votes: 88 42.3%
  • 7-8

Votes: 74 35.6%
  • Outside the 8

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It has prob been said but injuries (or lack of) are the key to 2016, especially our key position players in Reid, Cloke and possibly Brown.

Flag in the bag. We will win Next year. We will become unstoppable.

I'm not drunk or delirious. I just see bucks Borgs completely smashing all comers. We will finally squash the Hawks and everyone else we play.

Top 4... Play Richmond in a prelim and absolutely pants them. 10+ goals on out to beating Wet Coke in the granny and thus beginning he west coast wobbles.
Shall we bet the house on it lol

Shall we bet the house on it lol

I don't want to leave you homeless, my friend.

I think you will be scarily surprised at how good we become next season. Even though I believe we will win the flag in 2016 I definitely won't be surprised if we fall a final or 2 short. We still have lots of improvement left in this squad over the next 12-48 months. Next year I'm banking on Hawks type 2008 flag pinch before we become something similar to what the Hawks have produced the last 3 years.

Edit - I'll bet you a sig/avatar that we finish above the Hawks.

I don't want to leave you homeless, my friend.

I think you will be scarily surprised at how good we become next season. Even though I believe we will win the flag in 2016 I definitely won't be surprised if we fall a final or 2 short. We still have lots of improvement left in this squad over the next 12-48 months. Next year I'm banking on Hawks type 2008 flag pinch before we become something similar to what the Hawks have produced the last 3 years.

Edit - I'll bet you a sig/avatar that we finish above the Hawks.
IL take you up on that bet mate :)

Absolutely no reason why we cannot win the flag next year.

Reasons for this are:

• We stack up well against our competition. Leaving Hawthorn aside, we are every bit as good as West Coast on paper. Out of the other top 4 teams this year, we should go past Sydney and in my view Freo. Our list is now superior to the Dogs and the Tigers have not improved. North are no good. Hawthorn still the best team, and we should have beaten them this year without our additions and all the subsequent development since that stage.
  • Our midfield now has the elite players to complement the depth. We go deeper than anyone and the addition of treloar means we have an A grade starting midfield again - first time since 2011.
  • Continued development of our younger players i.e. Moore, Grundy, De Goey, Scharenberg.
  • We have a well balanced list - all key positions are covered except for maybe a bit of line-breaking pace and a small forward in the mould of Rioli.
  • Ben Reid is finally fit and over his injuries. Watch the difference he makes to the team next year.
  • History suggests Hawthorn will not win 4 in a row. We are as well placed as anyone to knock them off.
For me, top 4 is a minimum next year.
I remember after the Hawthorn game my fanatical hawthorn mate turned to me and said "you r no doubt the team of the future". We forget just how well we played during that run against Freo, HAwthorn, Port, Swans. With a bit of luck we could have won all 4. Not bad for a bunch of very young kids. Just shows how much improvement has come in a year from these kids and how much more we will see after another season.

Ben Rwid as the general at CHB, Moore putting on more size, de goey, and Scharenberg with further game experience and add the silk we have just brought in and I'm sure a lot of clubs will be wary.

Not to mention Greenwood and the other youngsters such as the Ramsey's, Broomfields ect etc and it all looks very exciting.

We needed to add some silk and that's exactly what we brought in.

Swan as a predominant forward will really change the look of the forward line. Cloke, Moore, Elliot, Swan, Howe, Fasolo with Sidebottom running around there every so often.

One thing we do need to do is show Sidebottom plenty of love and sign him up to a 5 year deal

It has prob been said but injuries (or lack of) are the key to 2016, especially our key position players in Reid, Cloke and possibly Brown.

As I said earlier in the thread, 2 of the most important factors in us climbing the ladder this next are a full year out of Reid and a good year from Cloke. Those two things happening will borderline automatically have us in the 8.

Where we finish in the 8 is then determined by the health and depth of the list. I'm kinda hoping that this is the year we FINALLY see our midfield become one that gets genuine clean clearances out of the middle, which I haven't seen in so so so so long, if ever. Even in 2010/2011 we weren't exactly the most dominant centre clearance team (I stand to be corrected of course).

To get into the 8 in 2016 we need to dislodge one of the following:

1 Fremantle - No
2 West Coast Eagles - No
3 Hawthorn - No
4 Sydney Swans - Maybe
5 Richmond - Yes
6 Western Bulldogs - No
7 Adelaide Crows - Maybe
8 North Melbourne- Yes

So there seems to be two spots available and i think that we would be competing for those two spots against:

Geelong
Port
St.Kilda - will be big improver

Will depend on things already mentioned plus our likely draw.

Might just sneak into 8th position which will be good experience.
I think we will replace the Tigers. I can't see them improving with their list. Also I think you will find clubs that have a run of making finals for 3 years running without improving their position need to make wholesale changes and tend to drop off. With only bringing in Yarran and failing to pick up anyone of note, they will really need to squeeze more out of their guys which I don't think they can.

As I said earlier in the thread, 2 of the most important factors in us climbing the ladder this next are a full year out of Reid and a good year from Cloke. Those two things happening will borderline automatically have us in the 8
Nail, hammer, head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will replace the Tigers. I can't see them improving with their list. Also I think you will find clubs that have a run of making finals for 3 years running without improving their position need to make wholesale changes and tend to drop off. With only bringing in Yarran and failing to pick up anyone of note, they will really need to squeeze more out of their guys which I don't think they can.
They improve marginally each year. Maric will be the key, he is in his last year and will leave a big hole if he drops off. Tigers still ahead imho but we will be making them nervous

we will get even more competitive against the best sides and even win sum, but being realistic to get to the top
8, even top 4 so much has to go right its not funny. I hope 6th spot but 8-9 is about it.

We need to get games into Scharenberg Marsh Broomhead Moore De Goey Ramsey Maynard. I see us 7-10 because of inexperience. I really hope we use Blair Goldsack Toovey Frost sparingly I don't see them in our next premiership team and I don't see the point of trying to finish 5-8 using these older players.

Last edited:
No chance.

We'll be spending 2016 pumping games into a backline full of kids who have played less than 20 games each (Maynard, Marsh, Oxley, Scharenberg, Ramsay). They'll be supported by lads like Langdon, Frost and Sinclair who are hardly veterans. Can we seriously expect they'd make us competitive? (I hope they do!)

Our forward line will need to start finding avenues to goal - our score potency in 2015 was clearly insufficient. Elliott will need to get over whatever sads he had in the second half of last year. Cloke and White will need to learn how to kick straight. Fasolo will need to find consistency. Moore will need to get his hands on the ball. Witts and Grundy will need to suddenly become effective forward line players. We'll have to develop an effective crumbling player out of Blair or Howe. Or maybe Swan.

Our midfield is solid. Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Treloar, DeGoey, Aish, Greenwood, McCaffer, Crisp - that's a really good mix.

The future looks bright ... But not in 2016 I don't think.

I don't believe we are a threat. Grundy and Witts are not developed enough to make us one. In the future yes. A Goldstein in our side would go a long way to making us one. I also believe our defense isn't settled enough. With scharenberg marsh maynard and ramsay still kids with great potential. Our defense did full away a lil towards the end of the yr. Still gotta figure it out down back. We do have the players we need but galvanisation takes time.

Last edited:
no better sight in aussie sport than the collingwood crowd going nuts on a big occassion.. i want to feel it again.. bring it on!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Are we a 2016 threat?

Back