• 5-6

Votes: 88 42.3%
  • 7-8

Votes: 74 35.6%
  • Outside the 8

Votes: 13 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on this years form, Reid, Brown, Toovey and Goldsack are not looking good. Only Reid has upside if he can remain fit.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Brown has shown himself to be 1 of the better KPD's in the league and he's just entering what should be his prime, Tooves remains our most experienced and reliable 1x1 defenders without even considering his flexibility, Goldsack was appointed to the leadership team so obviously his team mates value his contributions more highly than you do, Reid has the potential to recapture his AA form.

Brown has shown himself to be 1 of the better KPD's in the league and he's just entering what should be his prime, Tooves remains our most experienced and reliable 1x1 defenders without even considering his flexibility, Goldsack was appointed to the leadership team so obviously his team mates value his contributions more highly than you do, Reid has the potential to recapture his AA form.
Agree with most of this except Tooves. I really thought he went backwards this year. Hopefully just an aberration.

Lachie Keeffe and Clinton Young were also in the leadership group...

goosebumps ffff.ing cmon pies i love yas.. lets go!!!

920b339fcafba0b290d1cf6a73ce959d.jpg
I was right behind that ( just out of shot at top right of screen) looked just as awesome from behind.

Definitely, but as I've been saying all along, a lot still needs to go right.

- Decent year from Cloke
- FULL year from Reid
- Straighter kicking
- minimal injuries

Combined with this year's trade period, if the above 4 things happen next year, I reckon we're a serious threat.
If we will get a full year out of Greenwood, and Reid, we should make the 8. If Cloke can have a more consistent season and not miss crucial games then we will improve our results automatically. Add Treloar, Aish and Howe to the mix and we can add another 3-4 victories next season.

I believe if we get a decent run with injuries we can not only make the 8 but seriously push for a top 4 finish.

Freemantle, Sydney, and West Coast are beatable. Not sure if we could beat Hawthorn just yet although we nearly pulled it off this season. Adelaide minus Dangerfield are gettable and we have the game to beat Port Adelaide.

I think our natural progression with the younger players should at least see minimum another 3 wins , and I think with the additions to our side would like to think adds 1 more win. Giving us 14 wins and probably in the 5th to 7th bracket .

Grundy, Adams, De Goey, Sidebottom, Moore and co. are only going to be better then they were last year, so our upside is massive , we will push lower half of 8 next year and have a big crack at the flag in 2017.

Agree with most of this except Tooves. I really thought he went backwards this year. Hopefully just an aberration.

I think Toovey gets the short straw with our philosophy of having an extra player at the contest, rather than behind the ball. He is made to look second-rate every time we turn the ball over in the contest, because who on the opposition benefits most from a turn-over counter attack? The player quickest to turn and head into the forward 50. And often, that's Toovey's player. And if you look at his one-on-ones this year, it is often in this situation where he has been burned by the play ahead of him and he's desperately hoping for miracle while tracking back to cover a player like, say Walters, who only needs half a step on his opponent and will do damage.

Having said that, I thought Toovey's disposal this year was even worse than his usual standard. That part of his game could use a dose of confidence and execution.

Fwiw, it's one thing to beat this years top 4 in the h&a, but quite another to beat them in the finals. We need to develop a greater core of players with finals experience.

To be a threat you need to finish top-four, so we'd have to pass the Bulldogs and displace the Swans, you'd think.
Possible? Maybe - the Eagles came from nowhere this year. We'd need an awful lot to go our way.
More likely, just below that level. I have us at 5-6.

Toovey is more of a follower than a leader and relies on leaders around him to bring out his best. With the losses of three leaders in Maxwell, Ball and Beams, he was found wanting in 2015, but as new leaders emerge within the group to replace those we lost, Toovey hopefully return to form. There will always however be question marks over his kicking and decision making.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Are we a 2016 threat?

Back