Are you watching less football this year due to the congested state of the game?

Are you watching fewer games this year due to the style of football being played?

• Yes, I'm I'm watching fewer games.

• No, I'm not watching fewer games.

• I support Richmond and think football is fine, there's no need to change anything.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you watching fewer neutral games (where your team isn't involved) than past seasons?

Do you support rule changes to reduce congestion like fewer interchanges, players on the ground, or zones?

I've watched a pretty stupid amount of football basically every week of the last 20 odd seasons. Must admit, struggling a bit this year.

yes i watch less games now. i watch Port and maybe 1 other game. has nothing to do with the congested state of the game.
Its more to do with the umpiring just being farcical and the standard dropping with each new team introduced

My interest isn't based on "congestion-levels". I will watch a neutral AFL match if it is a match of interest, such as a big event like a final, queen's birthday game, top of the table clash, etc. or if I have nothing better to do. I am probably watching less neutral games than before as there are many more options now for alternative things to do including watching other sports and I am busier than I used to be.

So yes I am watching fewer games, but not based at all on "congestion".
I for one think this "congestion" is just the media's agenda for the year. There's no ASADA or scandel this year, so let's talk about how shit the game is to stir the pot.

Went from last year and earlier years watching 5 or so games a weekend to watching Geelong games and bits and pieces of some of the others.

If it wasn't for SuperCoach I probably wouldn't watch any other games outside of Geelong. I'm just over it. Not so much congestion but poor umpiring, poor skills in a lot of instances and run by a corrupt organisation.

The other thing that I don't engage in anymore is watching footy programs. I used to watch AFL360 every night, On The Couch on Mondays, Talking Footy and Footy Classified. I watched 2 episodes of Talking Footy this year until I realised I really couldn't understand how Sam McClure gets a gig in anything to do with footy and that goes for most of the 'journos'.

I don't listen to or watch pre-game or post game analysis programs.

I have zero interest in what any current day player has to say about anything, same for the coaches and ex-players, with a very few exceptions. I like listening to Carey and Clarko generally, I like roaming Brian after a game, I know a lot don't like it, but it is one role that Barge is perfectly suited for. I also like Bounce on a Sunday night. A bit of brainless fun that gives me a chuckle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you watching less football this year due to the congested state of the game?

Back