Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
surely this talented youngster will look for greater opportunities after failing to break into saints quality midfield? I want the lions to get him...What would it cost for trade (player or draft pick).

I think a straight swap for sherman would be a good deal for both.

Will be interesting to see if he plays much for the rest of the season.

Been out for a couple with an injury and was named as an emergency.

Could well be off to Gold Coast IMO and might command an early 2nd rounder (being a high pick).

Poor mans Luke Ball who's 22 and a longer kick?

Didn't Saint Kilda supporters say Ball couldn't kick more than 35 preseason? From my vantage point infront of the Frank Grey Smith bar on Saturday, I could have sworn Ball kicked a goal from 45 out.

Anyway Armitage is just an average player at best who looks like a poor selection at his draft number.

surely this talented youngster will look for greater opportunities after failing to break into saints quality midfield? I want the lions to get him...What would it cost for trade (player or draft pick).

I think a straight swap for sherman would be a good deal for both.

Sherman + pick if you're offering that, Armitage was a #9 and you'd have to compete with the GC in terms of picks they can throw around for players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few clubs hold onto most of their players unless the deals are very sweet indeed with the compromised drafts coming up.

Otherwise he came back from a knee injury in the reserves and promptly re-injured the same knee on the weekend for who knows how long or how severe. This has ultimately been the story of his time at the club in he's either in development or when a chance arrived he managed to injure himself in the process.

But yeah, if he was to be traded the most likely scenario is the GC as first stop considering he had ties to them initially as well and may be a target type for them as a mature body, bottom aged inside player. Since he is 22 (born June so a recent birthday as well) so he'd command more than say Ball would given he was 25 when drafted by the Pies (since Panther decided to troll already). But yeah as Kimmy said, there were critiques that the man was rather lazy in his training regime early on in his career at the club, right now he's just struggling to remain on the park.

Didn't Saint Kilda supporters say Ball couldn't kick more than 35 preseason? From my vantage point infront of the Frank Grey Smith bar on Saturday, I could have sworn Ball kicked a goal from 45 out.

Anyway Armitage is just an average player at best who looks like a poor selection at his draft number.

You really fail at trolling.

Armo is a gun, FACT!

Sherman + pick if you're offering that, Armitage was a #9 and you'd have to compete with the GC in terms of picks they can throw around for players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few clubs hold onto most of their players unless the deals are very sweet indeed with the compromised drafts coming up.

I know he was a pick 9...I guess considering how little gametime he gets his value is really on the slide. He is still in the unproven category and a underachiver in his draft class...bottom line is he is wasted at the saints, but only players with the runs on the board get good value in the draft/trade markets after a few seasons in the system

Could well be off to Gold Coast IMO and might command an early 2nd rounder (being a high pick).

i don't think the Gold Coast (home of schoolies) is a great place for him to be living and playing....

I don't think the GC will go for a player who hasn't played 50+ games unless they are regulars in their teams 22...like Martin.

They will stick with youth verses giving up draft picks for struggling 22 year olds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good player, certainly still too young for anyone to wash hands of him becoming a very good player, I'd like to think he'll stick around....

He re-injured his knee playing for Sandy on the weekend though, not sure how long he will be out for.

Poor guy was expected to fill in for Luke Ball. But the bugger just hasn't got what it takes, what a shame. which other talented young'ns are there at the saints? Jack Steven, Raph Clarke?

Signed up with the Suns I reckon. Must be the only reason why St.Kilda aren't playing him.

Signed up with the Suns I reckon. Must be the only reason why St.Kilda aren't playing him.
Or it might be that knee injury he did last weekend. Not for the first time this year.

Makes me laugh

The guy was the messiah at the start of the year he was a better version of Luke Ball and was going to take his spot regardless if Ball stayed or left

Ummmmmmmmmmm Armitage is Playing 2's

Balls playing a massive role in a top 4 team

Geez, they are out in force aren't they... Must be on top of the ladder or something. :rolleyes:

Wish September would hurry up so we can get back to business as usual.

Otherwise he came back from a knee injury in the reserves and promptly re-injured the same knee on the weekend for who knows how long or how severe. This has ultimately been the story of his time at the club in he's either in development or when a chance arrived he managed to injure himself in the process.

But yeah, if he was to be traded the most likely scenario is the GC as first stop considering he had ties to them initially as well and may be a target type for them as a mature body, bottom aged inside player. Since he is 22 (born June so a recent birthday as well) so he'd command more than say Ball would given he was 25 when drafted by the Pies (since Panther decided to troll already). But yeah as Kimmy said, there were critiques that the man was rather lazy in his training regime early on in his career at the club, right now he's just struggling to remain on the park.

I think that you have got it wrong.

sherman is a far more proven player than Armitage - Think it would be sherman for Armitage and a draft pick.

Makes me laugh

The guy was the messiah at the start of the year he was a better version of Luke Ball and was going to take his spot regardless if Ball stayed or left

Ummmmmmmmmmm Armitage is Playing 2's

Balls playing a massive role in a top 4 team

Or injured... whatever works for ya.

Get a clue. :thumbsu:

Geez, they are out in force aren't they... Must be on top of the ladder or something. :rolleyes:

Lol. That line again.

Go back and look at some old threads. Armitage was the one that made Saints supporters sleep at night after Ball left, now he is struggling.

It's got nothing to do with being on top of the ladder, just proving a point.

Lol. That line again.

Go back and look at some old threads. Armitage was the one that made Saints supporters sleep at night after Ball left, now he is struggling.

It's got nothing to do with being on top of the ladder, just proving a point.

u need to get over luke ball and the saints dude - ball did nothing at the saints and was earning 500k+ which they no longer wanted to pay him so much cos we all know he aint worth it and now he's gettin it from u guys - no need to put the young fella down afterall he does have a lot more upside than ball and who knows they might go head to head in future and ball might get toweled up and you'd go hiding

Remove this Banner Ad

Armitage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back