ASADA told of Andrew Demetriou call during Bombers' drugs meeting (Dates to Pre-February Presser)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

erbenz

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/as...rs-drugs-meeting/story-fndv8gad-1226684619904

ANTI-doping investigators have been told of a phone call made by AFL boss Andrew Demetriou to Essendon president David Evans the night before the club self-reported for the potential use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Bombers fans, Pro-Doping Punishment fans, we all know you're going to react differently to this, so I've tried my best to provide as little information as necessary so as not to colour anyone's judgement too severely.

I'm not even sure if there's a big amount of new news in here, but what is interesting is that Demetriou is denying his involvement in this.

Spot on erbenz.

The issue is not whether it happened (we all know it did) it is the fact it is being denied. Edit - It is not that I am claiming AD told them at that exact point (which is still very likely), it is that Essendon were told about the report.

Shows A.) It is an ASADA leak. B.) ASADA and AFL are not completely on the same page and C.) Essendon/AFL should be a little worried.

I love this bit:

"On April 16, the Herald Sun asked Evans at his Jolimont offices whether he was tipped off about the club's issues with drugs.
"No, that did not happen," Evans said." Edit - I am only calling into question whether they were told about it. Evans, Liz Lukin and Ian Hanke may counter that he didn't lie, the Herald Sun just asked too specific a question.

But this is the most blatant lie told in the entire investigation. A straight up lie. We all know this, even most Essendon supporters.

What else are they (allegedly) lying about? ;)

This isn't really an issue. It was obvious from the start that it was a tip off rather than a coincidence. I'm sure Vlad is probably still stating the truth and he never rang them. He probably told Gillion to ring them and tip them off.

This isn't really an issue. It was obvious from the start that it was a tip off rather than a coincidence. I'm sure Vlad is probably still stating the truth and he never rang them. He probably told Gillion to ring them and tip them off.

If it went this way Rompingbro doesn't get to be CEO either because he'll be blueballed over this interference with the case. Still more likely to be Demetriou for mine.

Confirms what we knew.

Exactly. So the lie is incredible. Why not just admit it?

Not a single serious Essendon supporter would even dispute that Essendon were tipped off.

This mess just got messier. I have been in front of the information the media has reported for most of this. Essendon and the AFL denying that Essendon was given the heads up is a legitimate shock to me. They can't be that arrogant/stupid, can they?

Not a single serious Essendon supporter would even dispute that Essendon were tipped off.

This mess just got messier. I have been in front of the information the media has reported for most of this. Essendon and the AFL denying that Essendon was given the heads up is a legitimate shock to me. They can't be that arrogant/stupid, can they?

Interesting to see the stories getting leaked now.
- Essendon warned before the program
- Essendon doctor shopping for S0 loophole doctors
- Vlad meeting with ASADA to create a framework that considers 'no fault'
- Vlad tipping off Essendon prior to the ACC presser.

I think someone is enjoying splashing a bit of heat towards AD.

Evans, Hird, Reid, Corcoran and Robson were at Evans' house when Vlad rang to warn Evans.

ASADA have 2 witnesses saying the call happened.

Ruling out Evans, as he has "probably lied" again and denied it.

That leaves 2 out of the remaining 4 above have told ASADA that Vlad called.

Hmmmm...this is the inevitable getting messy:)

Cover-ups are bloody hard yakka. And they tend to make you out to be a fool and a liar as well as the original dodgy that you are trying to cover up.

Interesting to see the stories getting leaked now.
- Essendon warned before the program
- Essendon doctor shopping for S0 loophole doctors
- Vlad meeting with ASADA to create a framework that considers 'no fault'
- Vlad tipping off Essendon prior to the ACC presser.

I think someone is enjoying splashing a bit of heat towards AD.
It's rather delicious.

Evans, Hird, Reid, Corcoran and Robson were at Evans' house when Vlad rang to warn Evans.

ASADA have 2 witnesses saying the call happened.

Ruling out Evans, as he has "probably lied" again and denied it.

That leaves 2 out of the remaining 4 above have told ASADA that Vlad called.

Hmmmm...this is the inevitable getting messy:)

Cover-ups are bloody hard yakka. And they tend to make you out to be a fool and a liar as well as the original dodgy that you are trying to cover up.
I'd bet Robson is the witness and suspect that the corroborating witness is Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evans yesterday said: "I went to the AFL and ASADA when serious questions were raised about our supplements program and when the club could not adequately provide me with adequate answers.

"The serious questions coming from the media and information from previous players brought issues to light that strongly warranted my actions."
Sooz is more believable than this clown.

I've stated before in these threads that i've been of the opinion that Demetriou would go to the wall for Evans. Without Ron Evans' patronage he would still be lowly Matt Finniss.

It is Vlad's makeup. Uber loyalty, Boys Club clique mentality and zero integrity.

WAKE UP "Weekend at Bernie's" Fitzpatrick and address the AFL integrity issues before it's too late.

If ASADA add Vlad as a notch on their belt in this stinking doping and cover up saga then more power to them.

I remember soon after the Feb announcements, Vlad being quizzed by a reporter whether he tipped Essendon off.

If i recall correctly , Vlad replied wtte "he would not and could not do that because it would be Illegal to convey info from the confidential ACC briefing".

To be quite honest, i am very surprised to be seeing this reported by 2 sports journos.

Heavy stuff, and not surprised by the adamant denials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back